Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
Istoleyoursigns
Bat Boy

Collections Advice

Hi, I'm a F2P player who has risen up to the Perfect league in PT with a roster I've put together by completing some of the easier Live team collection missions, card pulls, and in the Auction House.

Are there any good strategies for which collections missions I should try to add some high level talent to my roster? I'm looking for which missions would yield a solid diamond-level card I can add to my lineup or rotation, but would also be relatively affordable and still be possible to obtain based on current AH availability. I'm trying to avoid notorious card bottlenecks or otherwise endlessly waiting for a card or two to be posted on the AH to complete a collection.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Istoleyoursigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istoleyoursigns View Post
Hi, I'm a F2P player who has risen up to the Perfect league in PT with a roster I've put together by completing some of the easier Live team collection missions, card pulls, and in the Auction House.

Are there any good strategies for which collections missions I should try to add some high level talent to my roster? I'm looking for which missions would yield a solid diamond-level card I can add to my lineup or rotation, but would also be relatively affordable and still be possible to obtain based on current AH availability. I'm trying to avoid notorious card bottlenecks or otherwise endlessly waiting for a card or two to be posted on the AH to complete a collection.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
I'd look for the Vida Blue (Charlie O), Brecheen (Cardinals) and Bumgarner (Giants) sets. Those are probably the easiest ones that give the biggest usable rewards at Perfect. You could also consider Sheets/Fielder (Brewers) as well.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
Orion
Major Leagues

He has some good advice.., I would advise trying to complete the A's and White Sox...there will be some bottlenecks that might require some sunk costs in time and PP to complete, but Waddell and Walsh are both capable aces plus you get Blue and Bender. You could build a rotation with just those guys... or sell as desired. If you are low on investment funds, the Angels missions can provide a good # of playable cards for a modest price, notably K-Rod and Tim Salmon, also Finley can be a good bullpen/5th SP type. Make sure to lock the Rookie Trout, he's the best of the 3 and can hit leadoff if you need. I ended up with the 96 Trout (was cheap at least) and he's defintely usable but consistently hits .230 and is banished to the 8 spot. Rookie won't have the same 20+ HR power but probably hits 40 pts higher and steals a bunch of bases.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #4
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

The St. Louis Browns for George Sisler is worth the time and effort. Sisler consistently hits 300/20+hr/100rbi in Perfect for me. Averages close to a 4.0 WAR

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote