Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #81
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
waittilnextyear is wise.

Also, GO MAGUS! GO MAGUS! GO MAGUS!
Thank you all. I got my one, everything else is gravy now.

Also, I can finally change that signature. NEVER STOP BELIEVING.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:14 AM   #82
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Surprisingly, there will be a game 7. Keeler, who struck out to end the last game (with the bases loaded), redeemed himself as he went 4-5 with 3 RBI and a HR. Pedro had a rough outing, but Walter Johnson got knocked out in the 3rd so we managed to win 7-5.

Now it's Cy Young for the Bombers vs ... Maybe Sutton, but definitely not Schilling. I don't feel too confident about this, but I'm pleased we made it this far. But it would be so nice to get #10 and especially against a great team (best WPct of all teams at the perfect level and 18 perfect titles and most total championships, 23).

Last edited by old timer; 01-06-2020 at 01:16 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:36 AM   #83
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Check your Transaction History to see if you won so the rest of us don't have to wait.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:43 AM   #84
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I decided to use more power hitters this time vs Young since in his previous 2 starts against us he hadn't allowed any runs, so I figured there was nothing to lose. Well, we got 2 HRs against him and scored 5 off of him, but that was the only good news. Sutton got bombed, then Schilling, then Clarkson - all 3 who normally are reliable had off years. Now I wish I had pitched Keefe on short rest or even Smoltz.

Oh well, the better team obviously one (they won the last game 12-5). Congratulations to the Bombers on their 19th perfect title. A bit of an off season for you guys, but you won it all regardless.

Last edited by old timer; 01-06-2020 at 01:45 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:44 AM   #85
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

The Xenos met the 108-54 Nantucket Nine in the DS and took them to the 5th game, where my perfect Santana matched up against their perfect Koufax. Santana allowed only 4 hits through 7, but one of those hits was a Charleston HR. We couldn't get anything going on Koufax, who scattered five hits. Our season ended when, with Burgess representing the tying run on third, Dykstra hit a weak grounder to Will Clark.

The Wind-Up Birds, who had secured the 2nd Wildcard on the last day of the season, had an eventful Post-Season. We won the wildcard game against the Pittsburgh Hurons. In the Division Series, we were seriously outclassed against the Fighting Ahabs, a high-powered club with a roster that features 15 perfects and a resume that has 10+ Perfect League titles. We took 'em to the 5th game, their 100 Walter Johnson against our 95 Francisco Liriano. It was our timely hitting that won us the game to advance to the CS. There we won the first two against the 92-70 Medicine Hat Mavericks, but then dropped four straight to finish the season. On our last game, we were shutout by Gooden and Sasaki, mustering only 3 hits. Boys were tired!

I had a couple of a chances to be that 80-win team that wins a Perfect League title but we couldn't pull through. Would've been sweet.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:45 AM   #86
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Check your Transaction History to see if you won so the rest of us don't have to wait.

You mean it will be in there even before it stops saying that's it's simulating?
Old 01-06-2020, 01:50 AM   #87
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Thanks and tough luck, I feel our pitching struggled all through the playoffs.

I would have gone with Schilling if I were you... The way I see things is to always trust your best pitcher, having said that, this series was nothing but pitching fails on both sides for the most part.

Well fought my friend, it wasn't an off season, there was some good competition, at the end of the day if I was going to win this WS, I was going to be facing the very best of the league, and all series were well played.

Good luck in the next season.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:52 AM   #88
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
You mean it will be in there even before it stops saying that's it's simulating?
Yep, you can see the 1000 pts for 'Champions!' or whatever the text description is.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #89
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Just when I was getting worried about uneven playoff performances, the Frogs rose up and hopped over the Backyard Melonheads, winning the PL Series in 5 games (2-0, 4-6, 2-0, 6-3, 8-1).

That makes 8 PL titles for the Frogs, and 6 of those coming in the past "decade." The team eeked out 44K PP in achievement earnings. Undoubtedly a franchise best. 100 John Smoltz started the week frightfully poorly, but then reeled off a sneaky 23-game winning streak that I wasn't even aware of until the 7K PP hit the bank at season's end. Nice.

Many individual awards...Red Ruffing (24 1st place votes) edged out his teammate Rube Waddell (6 1st place votes) for Pitcher of the Year. Waddell led the AC in wins (27) and strikeouts (258). The Frogs had 4 starters in the top 5: Ruffing, Waddell, Walsh, and Smoltz. Ed Walsh claimed his 5th Great Glove and led the league in ERA (2.47), WHIP (1.05), HR/9 (0.2), and pitcher WAR (8.7). And he was third in the voting. Tom Seaver and Trevor Hoffman finished 3rd and 4th for Reliever of the Year. Hoffman led the league with 43 saves, but his creaky 1.7 HR/9 exploded his FIP. It was Seaver's first week in the bullpen and I quite like him there one week after Seaver-gate happened in the OL league. Seaver might've be odd man out anyway with new collectees 100 Kershaw and 99 Newhouser joining the ranks next week.

Three Frogs took home Platinum Stick awards (Jorge Posada, Luke Appling, and Ozzie Smith). Appling led the league in hits (196), OBP (.414), and batter WAR (6.4). Ozzie Smith won the batting title (.326). The Frogs squeaked out 8.2 WAR from its Posada/Posey catching platoon! Posada's year went like this: .332/.402/.511 with 10 HR 70 RBI. Posey ended the year mired in a slump, so his stats weren't as eye popping as they might've been otherwise: .357/.441/.535 with 9 HR 54 RBI in only 60 starts. The Frogs batted .302/.382/.453 as a team.

The MVP award was very close with another team's Barry Bonds getting twelve 1st place votes (285 points), my Barry Bonds getting seven 1st place votes (275 points), and my Red Ruffing getting nine 1st place votes (167 points). Classic case of teammates cannibalizing each others votes. You be the judge:

enemy 100 Barry Bonds: .276/.373/.557, 39 HR, 132 RBI, .930 OPS, 28 SB/24 CS, 153 OPS+, 152 wRC+, 13.8 BB%, 17.1 K%, .399 wOBA, 3.3 UBR, 6.3 WPA

my 100 Barry Bonds: .304/.413/.584, 28 HR, 93 RBI, .997 OPS, 22 SB/8 CS, 160 OPS+, 167 wRC+, 16.2 BB%, 14.2 K%, .427 wOBA, 5.2 UBR, 3.8 WPA

I got jobbed? I got jobbed.

Congrats to all champions and to all those in the arena striving for championships. Hope to see some of you in my league next week, wherever the Frogs end up.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #90
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

The Warriors did it, they are Perfect league champions

Somehow we managed to win the Perfect league series against the stacked Cubbies 4-3. After a tough luck loss via a very rare blown save by Trevor Hoffman in game 6 we won game 7 1-0. A Perfect league title is ours, something I never expected to achieve as a F2P team.

Attached Images

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #91
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

The Tampa Bay Rays have done it! They have won their first ever World Series after defeating the Santa Barbara Golden Gophers 4-2!

We ended up winning it in style as well, running out 16-0 winners in game 6, easily our biggest win of the season, with big Barry hitting 2 dingers on his way to a team record 8 RBI's in a game. The real hero of the series though is Curt Schilling for pitching 16 innings and only giving up 1 run, a heroic effort.

Where do we go from here? Who knows, I'm chuffed to have won a title so I might now just mess around a bit and try and experiment a bit now the pressure is off.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #92
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I entered this week coming off three straight weeks of heartbreak among three different teams.

We exit this week with the legacy of failure extinguished, and with the family's first PL title. The Steelport Saints rule P468, and there will be a huge party back in Stilwater, where the "Third Street Saints" first got their start.

Atta boy.
Congratulations!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #93
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
swept exeter after overcoming 0-2 to win the previous round in 7

funny game this is. exeter looks like the best team money can buy, I dont think they are missing any cards except for the new TotD so I'm sure they will have those next season

Congrats. Those Hawks are hard beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #94
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Not bad

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote