Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:35 PM   #201
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Thanks! I'm going to unfriend everyone for next week, but I wouldn't mind doing this again sometime in the future. Here's hoping if and when we do this again, the teams are spread out a little more and not, you know, clustered into a Division of Doom.

OK, I unfriended you and waittilnextyear.

So what about the remaining 3? Should we unfriend for now until we can find some more people to join up? Or do you want to stay in a league together for another week?
Old 12-29-2019, 10:57 PM   #202
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
OK, I unfriended you and waittilnextyear.

So what about the remaining 3? Should we unfriend for now until we can find some more people to join up? Or do you want to stay in a league together for another week?
I'm cool with it for another week, yep. Pretty sure Xenecus, aka Bronx Bombers, wanted in as well. I'll keep you and Jackgoboom on my list and add Xenecus. If he wants in he just needs to set up his friends list.

Good luck with Minnesota! Two games that easily could have gone either way.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #203
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I'm cool with it for another week, yep. Pretty sure Xenecus, aka Bronx Bombers, wanted in as well. I'll keep you and Jackgoboom on my list and add Xenecus. If he wants in he just needs to set up his friends list.

Good luck with Minnesota! Two games that easily could have gone either way.
Can I get a list of who I need to add?

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:09 PM   #204
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Swapped a couple of pitchers around for next season and also set a few park factors a little lower, just to try since it's something I've never done. BABIP was so extraordinarily high with the high contact OL teams in the same league, I'm hoping this will lower it for sure next season no matter what other teams are in the league.

Also trying a typical closer and setup guys in the bullpen for the first time next season too. Since PT 19, I've always used 2 stoppers and no closers with good success, just thinking about trying something different and see how it goes.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:10 PM   #205
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Jackgoboom (Tassie Thunder)
jenazu (Evergreen Forest Raccoons)
pappyzan (Washington LyinCheatin Senators)
Old 12-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #206
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Also set your League Placement setting (within PT Settings) to Use Friends List as well. Set it, submit your team, close OOTP entirely and then log back in to see if that change stuck.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:39 PM   #207
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Jackgoboom (Tassie Thunder)
jenazu (Evergreen Forest Raccoons)
pappyzan (Washington LyinCheatin Senators)
Done, all 3 friends added. Add me (Xenecus)

Old 12-29-2019, 11:46 PM   #208
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, things are all even now at 2-2. Keefe had an off year (as did so many) so I moved him to the pen for the playoffs, but I decided to use him to start game 3 and it payed off. Boggs hit a grand-slam off of Ruffing in the 5th and Keeler homered in the 5th to help us win 6-2.

In game 4, I was having a hard time deciding between Pedro and Sutton. Sutton had the better year, but Pedro had done better recently so I went with Pedro. He tossed a two-hitter and we won 8-1, defeating Rixey (LHP with low stuff - love 'em!).

So game 5 pits Gooden and Schilling again. Can the magic continue? Gooden's been so good this year and in the post-season so I'm not feeling confident about this one, but Schilling's been great too so maybe...
Old 12-29-2019, 11:47 PM   #209
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Former OL, now FTP (Yelich is the single live card on roster), wins their first WS! Extreme lefty cheese (low pitch counts on lefty SPs even) wins out over teams with waaaay better rosters than this one.

Snowplows and Quips each have 16 historical perfects including Young, Johnson, Pedro, Walsh on each team. 0$ Senators have 1 perfect, 4 golds, 2 silvers and the rest diamonds. Most expensive cards are live Yelich and maybe 97 Bill Terry, no cards over 30k. They have no business beating either of these teams...but I'll take it yep.
Attached Images
Old 12-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #210
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Done, all 3 friends added. Add me (Xenecus)

Added... Welcome aboard!
Old 12-30-2019, 12:03 AM   #211
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Warbirds lose in Finals again...

...and it is getting old.

on the bright side...

Pitcher of the year.
Reliever of the year.
MVP
2 NO hitters
41,870 PP
Old 12-30-2019, 12:11 AM   #212
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Schilling had 18 straight quality starts... But not this time. He got roughed up. In 3.1 IP, he allowed 10 H and 7 R (6 ER). But Gooden and Brecheen got hit hard too so we ended up winning 9-7. We were down 7-6 going to the bottom of the 8th, but Campanella pinch hit for Boudreau and hit a 3-R HR.

So tomorrow in Minnesota it will be Kershaw vs Clarkson. In the previous matchup, Kershaw and Clarkson both did equally well, but Smoltz blew it in relief.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:11 AM   #213
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

My pitcher got a triple crown and didn't win pitcher of the year.... classic!

Old 12-30-2019, 12:19 AM   #214
daves
Hall Of Famer

The Doubledays finally did not blow a series this season.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:22 AM   #215
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
The Doubledays finally did not blow a series this season.

Congratulations on your long overdue win! I can't believe your team hadn't won a championship yet (considering how good it is).

Edit: Oops! It seems you had won one before (the banner in your sig hadn't updated yet).

Last edited by old timer; 12-30-2019 at 01:00 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:40 AM   #216
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

C'mon, old timer! Two chances for you to take out the Minnesota Bold North! And I will be avenged!

It would only be fitting for old timer to add another medallion as the week of the Old Timer 5 draws to a close.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:05 AM   #217
Magus978
All Star Starter

The Metuchen Mariners take the Manhattan Momos to 7 games in the P468 World Series. In a desperation play, the Mariners send Cy Young out on very short rest with the plan to use Clemens as the first man out of the pen. To win that first title, they have to beat SE Clayton Kershaw.

Will post again with the ending.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:15 AM   #218
Magus978
All Star Starter

There would be no happy ending in Magusland. Clemens comes on after Cy and promptly gives up 8 runs on 36 pitches.

<Magus Curse intensifies even more>

No championship, again. Just even more heartbreak to add to the pile.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 12-30-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:22 AM   #219
neugey
All Star Reserve

Wow, I made it to Perfect level World Series and took a whale to game 7. Just couldn't finish the upset. Oh well.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:27 AM   #220
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Holy Cow!

The Raleigh Wolfpack won their 1st PL Championship. I'd like to be the 1st or whatever number I am to congratulate them.

Barcelona Baseball took me out in round 1B, and I'm not taking any credit away from them but I have an honest request/suggestion: Right now, in the playoffs the starters normally get the start regardless of what the subs are set to on the depth chart...Can we either honor subs of 7 games or less or switch when the postseason arrives to a depth chart that ends at 7 games or something?

See, I set everything up, Saturday night & Sunday often just isn't my day...(I had already been eliminated, in fact it was in the PL final series this Sunday by the time I could check.) ...A Postseason depth chart or to start anew with subs that are 7 games or less.

This is only because I had this thing going on with my offense where I liked to start 3 or 4 players every 2 to 3 games. But/And I imagine that happens semi-often.

The Ice Princesses, they rallied & rallied hard in the finals, down 3-0 to tie it 3-3 but lost game 7, 4-11.

The Crusty Old Vets were rather unlucky again, losing the DS to the Wolfpack 2-3.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 12-30-2019 at 01:30 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote