Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

It's the same thing every year

Every year since 2010 I get the next version of OOTP. And every damn year the same thing happens. I start a standard MLB game. Look at the rosters. Then I say "Man, I should start a fictional league." I spend a couple hours trying to plan a league. I download hundreds of fictional uniforms and logos. After hours of planning and set up I stupidly stumble into the Historical Simulations sub-forum. Then I say "Maybe a historical league would be fun."

It's been two weeks and I have done nothing but think about what kind of league I want to play. I haven't even played out a single game yet. Seriously, I think I've spent 10 times the hours just setting up leagues and downloading custom content than actually playing.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

I know the feeling. I’ve started so many MLB games already in 19 as well as a fictional league but I keep getting bored. I think I finally have a winner now though playing with the Pirates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Maybe that's how you enjoy the game Me personally I've never actually played the MLB side of things. I've continued my fictional league through ootp 17 to 19. My league is always evolving and i'm always thinking of ways to perfect the league so it's the best it can be so that's a lot of fun. I couldn't imagine having to start a new fictional league. I've spend too much time on this one.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
Every year since 2010 I get the next version of OOTP. And every damn year the same thing happens. I start a standard MLB game. Look at the rosters. Then I say "Man, I should start a fictional league." I spend a couple hours trying to plan a league. I download hundreds of fictional uniforms and logos. After hours of planning and set up I stupidly stumble into the Historical Simulations sub-forum. Then I say "Maybe a historical league would be fun."

It's been two weeks and I have done nothing but think about what kind of league I want to play. I haven't even played out a single game yet. Seriously, I think I've spent 10 times the hours just setting up leagues and downloading custom content than actually playing.
Welcome to the club, we have jackets.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Do you also say, every year just prior to release, that you're going to pick one league and stick with it?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

I find that this happens to me a lot. I tend to play two different ways, although I don't really plan it this way.

1. I set up a fictional or historical random debut league and spend weeks on uniforms, ballparks, tinkering with the setup. And then i always end up fading away when the league actually starts.

2. I take over the GM job of a historical team. I turn the trade difficulty all the way up, turn off stars, eliminate the reserve clause, and try to build a winner. When I play this way, I go all in for a week or two. Like playing hours a day at work, and staying up late into the night. I'm completely immersed. When I finally emerge from the historical haze, i always need a week or two away from the game to clear my head and re energize myself to play again.

I used to get annoyed at my inability to keep up with a league for months on end like some people do on here. But I've learned that it's ok, maybe this is just the way I enjoy the game. That's the best part of OOTP, there's a million different ways to have a blast playing it!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #7
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I am guilty of the same thing. I have had OOTP baseball since 15 and I have YET to make it thru a whole season of ANYthing. I have started fictional leagues but kept bailing out because I wanted a different set up with different towns or team names and logos. I have tried MLB by GMing the Reds, Royals, A's, Marlins, Pirates, Rangers and Padres. I have ALSO tried historical baseball with the '78 Royals, '79 Royals, '85 Royals. AND....I once tried MLB with a fantasy draft where I GM'ed the Royals again.

*grabs handfuls of hair and pulls* There's.....there's just too many options!!

I think it's the devs plan for world domination. Drive us all completely bonkers and turn our brains to chewed tobacco!

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 04-26-2018 at 12:53 PM.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Do you also say, every year just prior to release, that you're going to pick one league and stick with it?
Of course.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Oh can you actually play the games out?!?! I didn't realize there was anything past the league setup screen.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #10
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I am guilty of the same thing. I have had OOTP baseball since 15 and I have YET to make it thru a whole season of ANYthing. I have started fictional leagues but kept bailing out because I wanted a different set up with different towns or team names and logos. I have tried MLB by GMing the Reds, Royals, A's, Marlins, Pirates, Rangers and Padres. I have ALSO tried historical baseball with the '78 Royals, '79 Royals, '85 Royals. AND....I once tried MLB with a fantasy draft where I GM'ed the Royals again.

*grabs handfuls of hair and pulls* There's.....there's just too many options!!

I think it's the devs plan for world domination. Drive us all completely bonkers and turn our brains to chewed tobacco!

I'm at just under 600 hours playtime on OOTP18 and 17 and out of all of that maybe 4 hours is actually playing the game, the rest is setting up a league then scrapping it when I get another idea only to go though it all again.

So many damn options, I keep wanting to make things bigger and bigger and end bogged down planning everything rather then playing.

One of these years I'll finally start a season I'll keep and play..... Some day...
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

This year I was determined that I would start two different leagues and play them all the way to OOTP20. I have already started five different leagues and currently thinking about a sixth.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I find I just can't quit my game. I told myself I would retire when my human manager hit 100 next season, but I don't want to abandon my team - I want to see how some of the guys' career goes on, whether they set any records, etc... Just can't walk away...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #13
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Welcome to the Obsessive Compulsive Out Of The Park Baseball Disorder (OCOOTPD) club. There is no cure...
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #14
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

I have had the same fictional league since OOTP 11 started with 20 teams now I’m up to 30. I keep saying this is the last year of this league when my favorite players retire and start an MLB league but I can’t do it, the MLB doesn’t hold my attention. I put in a lot of time and effort into my fictional league and I guess it’s hard to step away from that.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #15
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
This year I was determined that I would start two different leagues and play them all the way to OOTP20. I have already started five different leagues and currently thinking about a sixth.
This is me. Started a historical in 1947 and was sure I was going to play till 2017. Got to 1951. Started a random debut that's in June of the second season. I have a fictional league that I've played roughly 20 games. Then last night I started another historical in 1905. This time with recalc off. Eventually I will find my goto league, but right now I'm kind of wandering.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #16
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
This is me. Started a historical in 1947 and was sure I was going to play till 2017. Got to 1951. Started a random debut that's in June of the second season. I have a fictional league that I've played roughly 20 games. Then last night I started another historical in 1905. This time with recalc off. Eventually I will find my goto league, but right now I'm kind of wandering.
Trying different stuff out is half fun for me!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #17
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Jerry Helper;4317355]Trying different stuff out is half fun for me![/QUOTE

I agree.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:48 PM   #18
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

I started up a 2018 save with the Mets. I’m going to try to make it through one season without jumping on the next idea I have.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #19
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatman View Post
I have had the same fictional league since OOTP 11 started with 20 teams now I’m up to 30. I keep saying this is the last year of this league when my favorite players retire and start an MLB league but I can’t do it, the MLB doesn’t hold my attention. I put in a lot of time and effort into my fictional league and I guess it’s hard to step away from that.
That is my dream.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #20
tlowe77
Major Leagues

This will be me once I finish setting up my Arcadian Baseball Association fictional world....

***The oldest file on the usb I use for it that I could find was back in October 2015....
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote