Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
BCBF82
Minors (Single A)

Switching Minor Teams

Can we switch minor league teams to different organizations, with the current roster?
BCBF82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

In previous versions, you could do that. In Commissioner Mode, simply go to the league set-up screen for whatever minor league you are editing, and on the page that shows the teams and affiliates, there's a drop-down menu that enables you to change the affiliate to any team you wish. The players on that team's roster become the property of the new organization.

Transferring rosters (if you need to) are a little trickier, but in Commissioner Mode, you can "trade" rosters by forcing trades between different organizations. You can trade five players for five players at a time, which means five forced trades for a 25 man roster switch. Computer managed GM's may squawk at unfair trades when you swap studs for duds, but by forcing trades, everyone gets back where they belong.

So it works like this: Say you want to flip-flop AA Pensacola from a Cincinnati affiliate to a Cubs affiliate, with AA Tennessee becoming a Reds affiliate. However you want the Reds to keep their AA roster and the Cubs to keep their AA roster. Once you change the affiliates on the league set-up page, you will need to force trades until all players are back in the right organizations. If someone has an easier way to do it, I would love to know because I trade affiliates like this all the time.

I assume that OOTP 18 will work the same.

Last edited by MikeS21; 03-16-2017 at 02:58 PM.
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
In previous versions, you could do that. In Commissioner Mode, simply go to the league set-up screen for whatever minor league you are editing, and on the page that shows the teams and affiliates, there's a drop-down menu that enables you to change the affiliate to any team you wish. The players on that team's roster become the property of the new organization.

Transferring rosters (if you need to) are a little trickier, but in Commissioner Mode, you can "trade" rosters by forcing trades between different organizations. You can trade five players for five players at a time, which means five forced trades for a 25 man roster switch. Computer managed GM's may squawk at unfair trades when you swap studs for duds, but by forcing trades, everyone gets back where they belong.

So it works like this: Say you want to flip-flop AA Pensacola from a Cincinnati affiliate to a Cubs affiliate, with AA Tennessee becoming a Reds affiliate. However you want the Reds to keep their AA roster and the Cubs to keep their AA roster. Once you change the affiliates on the league set-up page, you will need to force trades until all players are back in the right organizations. If someone has an easier way to do it, I would love to know because I trade affiliates like this all the time.

It's easier to move players up/down to Triple-A or Single-A instead of the trades.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
cavebutter
All Star Starter

I know that there's a reason why my simple solution wouldn't work, but here it is anyway. Edit the league names and nicknames. Swap the names and cities of the two teams. Done.

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebutter View Post
I know that there's a reason why my simple solution wouldn't work, but here it is anyway. Edit the league names and nicknames. Swap the names and cities of the two teams. Done.
It works but would change the minor league league structures.

If you were to trade Chicago White Sox and Colorado Rockies Double A affiliates (Birmingham and Hartford respectively). You would have Hartford in the Southern League and Birmingham in the Eastern League.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #6
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Jeez, you guys are making this sound difficult. It is not. Taking WIUPIKE's example: Go to the Southern League "League and Teams" tap. Change the name of the Birmingham Barons to Hartford Yard Goats. Then go to the Easter League and do the same thing to Hartford.

Now go to the Eastern League "League Settings" second link in the center is "Edit League Structure" then on the right "Move Team To" and move the now named Birmingham Barons to the Southern League. Do the same for the now named Hartford Yard Goats in the Southern League to the Eastern League.

Finally, only do this during pre-season and rebuild the schedule for both leagues after doing it. And you're done. The Chicago White Sox now have the Hartford Goats as their AA affiliate and the Rockies have the Barons. Each is in the correct league and you did not have to move players.

This will take less than two minutes.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Just change the MLB association from the League Settings --> Edit League Structure screen?

Rosters and league structures stay intact that way.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

In a past league ,I moved the Boston Red Sox and another MLB team to a fictional league. However,I left their minor league teams in the current set up and despite not really being affliated with any MLB teams,the minor league teams still had player transactions with the teams that switched leagues.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #9
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post

That doesn't move the coaches.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Had this very same discussion in this thread, with commentary:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=265976
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote