Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #61
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Now I'm curious about the draft. If we have a Fictional League is it possible to adjust the draft date after July 1st which would allow expansion teams to take part in the draft? Or is the draft locked in on a specific date before July 1st for the sake of the game's structure and coding to keep problems from arising?
The date of the draft is not customizable, as you mention, for game stability/logistic reason due to how the game works internally.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #62
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

I understand an expansion team not being able to join the amateur draft if you add expansion teams for the 2015-16 season, but if you add expansion teams for 2016-17 is the game set up to allow an expansion draft followed by amateur draft as the NHL did in 2000 for Columbus and Minnesota?
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #63
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Now I'm curious about the draft. If we have a Fictional League is it possible to adjust the draft date after July 1st which would allow expansion teams to take part in the draft? Or is the draft locked in on a specific date before July 1st for the sake of the game's structure and coding to keep problems from arising?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichimanen View Post
I understand an expansion team not being able to join the amateur draft if you add expansion teams for the 2015-16 season, but if you add expansion teams for 2016-17 is the game set up to allow an expansion draft followed by amateur draft as the NHL did in 2000 for Columbus and Minnesota?
July 1st is the only day to expand the league for modern and fictional. The draft date does not move so prior to the first season of any expansion team they will not be included in the draft. I hear that's the only way the Maple leafs have negotiated the terms.
Hopefully in a later version.

Last edited by dave1927p; 07-29-2015 at 08:55 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:34 AM   #64
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If on July 1st(prior to the expansion draft) I decide too move the Detroit Red Wings to the Super-AHL (new name for AHL) and replace them with the Detroit Cougars(which will have no players) will they still need to have a protected list even though they have -0- players on their roster?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #65
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
If on July 1st(prior to the expansion draft) I decide too move the Detroit Red Wings to the Super-AHL (new name for AHL) and replace them with the Detroit Cougars(which will have no players) will they still need to have a protected list even though they have -0- players on their roster?
I have no sweet clue and this would land under one of those unique, specific things you'll have to find out for yourself once the game drops. That being said, I don't *think* you have to protect the total number of players.. so it might work.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #66
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
You can't move teams.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #67
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You can't move teams.
I will move players manually(reforming team in another league)-that should work if editing works properly.

Example-Change LakeErie Monsters name to Detroit Red Wings. Move Lake Erie Monster players to other AHL teams and then manually move all of the NHL Red Wing players to the newly formed Detroit Red Wings in the AHL.

I did it previously with FHM-I moved the 1972-73 Chicago Cougars(one player at a time -manually) to the NHL and I switched one NHL team to the WHA.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 07-30-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #68
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I hear that's the only way the Maple leafs have negotiated the terms.
Hopefully in a later version.
If the Maple Leafs were truly negotiating the terms they'd somehow end up giving their draft picks to the expansion teams.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #69
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Just a heads up that in one of the builds right after I created this blog, some changes were made to expansion. To compensate for the fact of expansion teams not being able to entry draft their first year, the expansion draft is now 35 rounds (you can still forfeit any picks if you don't want to draft that many). In addition some changes have been made to the drafting process, such as teams now only able to protect one goalie.

Just wanted to give a heads up so people know what to expect upon release.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #70
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Just a heads up that in one of the builds right after I created this blog, some changes were made to expansion. To compensate for the fact of expansion teams not being able to entry draft their first year, the expansion draft is now 35 rounds (you can still forfeit any picks if you don't want to draft that many). In addition some changes have been made to the drafting process, such as teams now only able to protect one goalie.

Just wanted to give a heads up so people know what to expect upon release.
Well that's a shame. Its too bad that the logic for the game can't have expansion open the day after the "season ends" for just that day, and if the player opts for expansion the entire league just bumps down two spots of the picks.

Oh well...

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #71
Cole
Hall Of Famer

It's possible in future there will be more flexibility on that.

That being said believe with some creativity I think there would be a workaround... The user in commissioner mode could simply manually edit the draftees on to the expansion teams when it's their "turn" to draft. Then advance the draft until their next picks.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #72
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What's the most players a team can lose in the expansion draft?
Old 08-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #73
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good question. I am not sure off the top of my head. Maybe one of our beta testers knows...
Old 08-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #74
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Good question. I am not sure off the top of my head. Maybe one of our beta testers knows...
There is no limit. I can say that currently you protect 16 players and 1 goalie. 23 players are rostered + AHL and there are 35 rounds. So you can lose quite a few but only 1-3 at the most that might burn you down the road.

Last edited by dave1927p; 08-01-2015 at 12:45 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #75
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

my question is... in real life there are some echl clubs who dont have nhl parent clubs could i not use those as my echl club and not expand echl?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #76
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, [league evolution] is not a feature for FHM 2.
I'm done with FHM for now, but I'm coming back to the forums just for this.

Also, Quebec in the Western Conference???
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #77
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Why not put the OTP engine in this Game? In OTP you have can Expansion Draft anytime in Offseason and select if just add Teams and no Draft. Also in League Structure you can added Teams Manually but some how that Feature isn't turned and should be but don't get Minor League Teams have added them Manually and affiliate them with them or another Team? Shared Affliates?
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #78
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgomz View Post
Why not put the OTP engine in this Game? In OTP you have can Expansion Draft anytime in Offseason and select if just add Teams and no Draft. Also in League Structure you can added Teams Manually but some how that Feature isn't turned and should be but don't get Minor League Teams have added them Manually and affiliate them with them or another Team? Shared Affliates?
Hockey and baseball are drastically different sports, and FHM and OOTP are drastically different games created by different programmers. It's not really a case where you can just "put the OOTP engine" into FHM.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #79
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

What I meant all Features/Options that OTP put in this Game mostly turn on League structure,World Templates and so on.
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #80
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgomz View Post
What I meant all Features/Options that OTP put in this Game mostly turn on League structure,World Templates and so on.
Yes and I am telling you it's not just a matter of "copying over all features from OOTP to FHM" .. It doesn't work that way, they are two separate games.

In terms of league structure, that is set to limited options to improve stability. These types of things will be opened up over time.

Over time, FHM will strive to add more of the features that people love in OOTP (as well as creating some that OOTP will adapt) and there are definitely some in there already from OOTP, but in the end the game is developed to be its own game, not to just be the hockey version of OOTP.