Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Entry Pool Thread (2020) - AWAY WE GO!

Let's have an abbreviated season thread. Talk about the start your teams have made in entry pool, your squad, anything related to the current season!

I'll start with my Steelport Saints. 2-time PL champion in PT 20, the Saints started with a $100 investment which netted them 96 Jack Chesbro, 96 Roger Peckinpaugh, and 93 Glenn Wright. After selling live dupes, I've begun the process of doing collections. As a result, this allowed the Saints to add the likes of 95 Randy Johnson, 91 Eddie Plank, 90 Jason Kendall, 82 Wally Joyner, 91 Troy Tulowitzki, and 91 Dave Winfield!

We are currently 11-3 in entry pool, including a win over the mighty Singapore Sluggers. Hoping to see the wins keep rolling in as we go further into the weekend of this abbreviated entry pool round.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Well nice start!

But what happened to Grumpy Magus?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #3
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Also, what did you spend your $100 on? Packs, points, or a bit of both?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 03-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Also, what did you spend your $100 on? Packs, points, or a bit of both?
Packs. During the first few days IMO is the only reason to spend money on packs. Market's inflated because of the early rush, so if you pack something big there's a consideration towards cashing in.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

That makes sense. Explains why you got so many live missions done. What was that, 175 packs? Or did you keep some powder dry?

Was laughing at the "hit-and-hope" nature of the early auction listings in the first few hours. The only listings that actually had bids were the ones that were in line with similar cards in PT20 which tells me the market will probably stabilise in a similar position #AmateurEconomist

SPTT team

Old 03-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
That makes sense. Explains why you got so many live missions done. What was that, 175 packs? Or did you keep some powder dry?

Was laughing at the "hit-and-hope" nature of the early auction listings in the first few hours. The only listings that actually had bids were the ones that were in line with similar cards in PT20 which tells me the market will probably stabilise in a similar position #AmateurEconomist
175 packs. I then sold my dupes and got some good points back, allowed me to buy the pieces I was missing. Hoping to finish some more teams this weekend.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:11 PM   #7
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Okay, final question, Magus Rickey - did you quicksell the dupes or try to find some suckers?

SPTT team

Old 03-20-2020, 10:14 PM   #8
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, final question, Magus Rickey - did you quicksell the dupes or try to find some suckers?
I sold them on the auction house. Was able to sell most of the bronzes for 100 a piece, the silvers closer to 1k.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #9
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

This is my first foray into PT. I spent $100 and pulled some lives which I am in the process of reselling. After some fine tuning, I have built a decent squad with room to grow.

I'm still hoping for a John Olerud peak, but I was able to get Cody Bellinger, Baez, and Arenado. Selling Arenado for now.

The Calgary Cannons are back!
Old 03-20-2020, 11:24 PM   #10
lukestephens2293
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Let's have an abbreviated season thread. Talk about the start your teams have made in entry pool, your squad, anything related to the current season!

I'll start with my Steelport Saints. 2-time PL champion in PT 20, the Saints started with a $100 investment which netted them 96 Jack Chesbro, 96 Roger Peckinpaugh, and 93 Glenn Wright. After selling live dupes, I've begun the process of doing collections. As a result, this allowed the Saints to add the likes of 95 Randy Johnson, 91 Eddie Plank, 90 Jason Kendall, 82 Wally Joyner, 91 Troy Tulowitzki, and 91 Dave Winfield!

We are currently 11-3 in entry pool, including a win over the mighty Singapore Sluggers. Hoping to see the wins keep rolling in as we go further into the weekend of this abbreviated entry pool round.
are you a New Orleans Saints fan by any chance?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #11
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukestephens2293 View Post
are you a New Orleans Saints fan by any chance?
No. My team is based on the Saints Row series of video games, mainly the third one, where the game is based in the fictional city of Steelport.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:29 AM   #12
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I spent $10 extra per team to build them up a little. My Broncos pulled a 96 SP Jack Powell and he threw a perfect game and then pulled a perfect Nolan Arenado with the points from that game.

Good start.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #13
mitchbaker
Bat Boy

fully FTP, picked up a few regular packs with some extra PP I had from a 34-5 blowout win, and yeah I'm really liking the game so far

mitchbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #14
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

Great pull! So I'm 26-12 and reasonably happy until that's good for only 8th place. The top teams have stacked rosters.

I did complete the Blue Jays collection mission so that was nice
Old 03-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #15
heavyde050
Bat Boy

So I am very new to this. It says my Client is out of date. Where can I update?

Edit - Nevermind. A restart did it.

Last edited by heavyde050; 03-21-2020 at 12:15 PM.
heavyde050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #16
Orion
Major Leagues

Auction house is painful to use here, how about everyone else?

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #17
Justinw303
Minors (Single A)

AH has been pretty sluggish to start, was hoping it would be a little more nimble this year.

@heavyde there’s always a link to latest version in a sticky thread on the main OOTP21 forum
Justinw303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #18
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

First live weekend for the game, so everybody is going to want to give it a ride today. Its disappointing that it can't fully handle the load as much as we'd all like, but I have confidence it will normalize as people reduce the amount of time scouring it to discover new players and find deals.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #19
heavyde050
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinw303 View Post
AH has been pretty sluggish to start, was hoping it would be a little more nimble this year.

@heavyde there’s always a link to latest version in a sticky thread on the main OOTP21 forum
Thank you very much.
heavyde050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #20
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

I have my YakAnglers and Marathoners up and running finally. I picked a terrible week to go on vacation and NOT bring the laptop with me, it made the 1200 mile drive back home so much longer.

No great pulls on the first two teams, but did get a 90 Fidrych, so that was kinda cool.

Still trying to decide to whether or not to setup team 3 or wait a week or so.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote