Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

Folder on a Mac?

OOTP20 files could be found in "Library" then "Application Support" then "OOTP20". I have some files I'd like to move over to the new game in this way and I cannot locate OOTP21 anywhere.

Also, when I tried to import my game from OOTP20 to 21 in the game it can only see the OOTP21 folder (the one I can't see outside the game), and cannot locate my OOTP20 folder (which is all I can see outside the game). According to the import screen OOTP21 folder is in the same location as OOTP20 is.

Any ideas?

Last edited by jerheme; 03-17-2020 at 10:55 AM.
jerheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

/Users/[username]/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.ootp21/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Were you guys finally able to locate your OOTP 20 files? I tried the file mapping posted above and OOTP 21 files are the only ones this import window seems to recognize.

I can't see OOTP 20 or any of the earlier version files.
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

On Macs, OOTP21 files are in a different location than they were in OOTP20 (security rules).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #5
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerheme View Post
OOTP20 files could be found in "Library" then "Application Support" then "OOTP20". I have some files I'd like to move over to the new game in this way and I cannot locate OOTP21 anywhere.

Also, when I tried to import my game from OOTP20 to 21 in the game it can only see the OOTP21 folder (the one I can't see outside the game), and cannot locate my OOTP20 folder (which is all I can see outside the game). According to the import screen OOTP21 folder is in the same location as OOTP20 is.

Any ideas?
Are you able to hit the up button when trying to import? I think you can do that until you get back out to where the OOTP20 folder is located. Or you could make a copy of your 20 lg file and put it where the 21 game is looking for it.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #6
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

yeah...you have to bring whatever imported folders from xx into the 21 folders so it can find them to create old lgs in the new game...cant just hunt for em on a mac like last year
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #7
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Yes, I can hit the UP button. But it blows right past where I want it to look. I'll try copying the file and moving it over to where OOTP 21 wants to "look" for it. Would I only need to duplicate the "world.dat" file or the whole lg folder?

Last edited by martyjay75; 03-17-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #8
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjay75 View Post
Yes, I can hit the UP button. But it blows right past where I want it to look. I'll try copying the file and moving it over to where OOTP 21 wants to "look" for it.
Yeah, just tried it and can't get to it myself.

Edit: This was a change that was required in the middle of beta testing, so I had already imported my league files at that time.

Further Edit: Not sure if you could just make a copy of the world.dat or not...a developer would need to confirm that. I would probably do the whole lg folder to be sure.

Last edited by Chico Guilbault; 03-17-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #9
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

I figured it out. Copied the folder into the OOTP21 folder first then clicked on it to import as an old save but named it something new.
jerheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:30 PM   #10
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
On Macs, OOTP21 files are in a different location than they were in OOTP20 (security rules).
Is there any way we can manually change it back to the original location? Im in the process of doing my own edits to the 2020 uniforms and have them stored in a folder on my desktop, but in-game I cant actually get to my desktop to open them.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:59 PM   #11
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

I still seem to be stuck. I managed to duplicate the world.dat file from my franchise on ootp 20 and transfer that over to where OOTP 21 could find it. I tried to import into OOTP 21 and it got an error message after about 2 minutes of files copying. It said it could not load the names file and asked if I wanted OOTP to try and fix it by creating an "incident folder" and then trying to fix it when the game loaded up. Then the application crashses and drops be back to the desktop (happened 2 times).

Not sure where to go from here.

Also, since there was an incomplete .lg folder created (as well as other data from perfect team) from the aborted import, I seem to have lost the ability to find the OOTP 21 folders. I used to be able to hit the "Open" button on the import window and it would open up the folders on the desktop that housed OOTP 21 files. But that only worked when the OOTP 21 import window could not "see" any files Now that there are visible files in that folder, when I hit the OPEN button nothing happens.

One last thing....is it normal to be asked for the activation key EVERY time you load OOTP 21 after shutting down/restarting your computer?

Last edited by martyjay75; 03-17-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:15 PM   #12
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

I just imported a fictional league from ootp 20. As was mentioned before you can't navigate to the ootp 20 files from within ootp21, so you have to take your "entire" league folder you want to import from 20 and move them to where the files of the ootp 21 are located. I'm emphasize entire folder because just moving the world.dat file will not work. It seems to have worked for me but I'm not sure what the consequences are of the following message I got after the import was done: unable to open the historical database file historical_database.odb in users/xxxx/ootp20baseball20/stats! Please check your database path in game options/league setup/historical
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:03 AM   #13
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Yes, duplicating the entire .lg folder from the OOTP 20 saved games folder did the trick. I was able to import the franchise and get my first game played.

I like the improved camera, although the movement is still a little wonky on deep flies to the outfield.

Thanks everybody for their help and suggestions.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #14
CoachRevere
Bat Boy

ok, so I found the file in the ootp20 folder and copy/pasted it in the ootp21 folder under "saved_games". Once I do that I can see it when trying to Import OOTP 20 Game". But, I get an error message saying "OOTP cannot import this saved game because it was saved with OOTP19. This version of OOTP can only import saved games with version #20."

Thoughts??

I no longer have OOTP19 on this machine . . . so not sure what is going on there.
CoachRevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #15
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachRevere View Post
ok, so I found the file in the ootp20 folder and copy/pasted it in the ootp21 folder under "saved_games". Once I do that I can see it when trying to Import OOTP 20 Game". But, I get an error message saying "OOTP cannot import this saved game because it was saved with OOTP19. This version of OOTP can only import saved games with version #20."

Thoughts??

I no longer have OOTP19 on this machine . . . so not sure what is going on there.
When you say "file" do you mean folder? When you say file I'm picturing one file, but I think some people use the word file for folder. If you're copying the folder than all is well, but if not you need to copy the league folder found within saved games of ootp 20 and paste or move that to the ootp 21 folder
If that's not your problem than I'm not sure what it is. Maybe an ootp 19 league folder got thrown into your ootp20 saved games?
Old 03-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #16
CoachRevere
Bat Boy

So I went into OOTP20 game > settings > troubleshooting > open saved games folder.

From there I copied that folder (yes . . . not just A file). I then went into OOTP 21 game > settings > troubleshooting > open saved games folder

From there I pasted the entire folder. This took about 10 minutes and was a much larger filed then my 1st attempt (yes, I think I somehow found an OOTP19 file). After the copy/paste was complete, changed the new "copied" folder's name.

Went back into OOTP21 game > import OOTP 20 > found the file under "saved games" > renamed it (as its an online league so has to have specific name) . . . and it worked

This was a pain in the ass and I assume there is (or should be) an easier way to go about transfer over . . . but all in all, I'm in and online now
CoachRevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #17
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Yeah, let's hope they find an easier way for us Mac guys in the future
Old 03-20-2020, 09:03 PM   #18
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Did they remap where the save files are in since release today? I had successfully imported a saved game file from OOTP 20 and played through a game without any problems. Upon downloading the release version today, the "Continue Game" button is greyed out and there is no longer any saved game file to load the game from.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #19
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjay75 View Post
Did they remap where the save files are in since release today? I had successfully imported a saved game file from OOTP 20 and played through a game without any problems. Upon downloading the release version today, the "Continue Game" button is greyed out and there is no longer any saved game file to load the game from.
Yes they did. But it still in the containers folder. Go to the page where you can change team logos and jerseys, click the button to change a logo, and click the "up" button a couple times. It'll show the specific containers folder at the top.

EDIT: Specific folder is com.ootpdevelopments.ootp21macqlm.

Last edited by itsmb8; 03-20-2020 at 10:42 PM.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:31 PM   #20
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Yes they did. But it still in the containers folder. Go to the page where you can change team logos and jerseys, click the button to change a logo, and click the "up" button a couple times. It'll show the specific containers folder at the top.

EDIT: Specific folder is com.ootpdevelopments.ootp21macqlm.
So, this isn't going to happen every time we update OOTP is it?