Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
jdolecek49
Major Leagues

franchise Mode

I have been playing this game more and more every single day. I love the game of baseball. I come from the old skool and I do not like the game of today, I fdl like in some ways the love for the game has been lost so for that fact I do not watch it on tv any longer.but I still have the passion just like I did when i was 12 years old over 30 years ago.....

I have been playing OOTP for a month now. I'm not interested in peffect team, my thing is franchise mode.I'm still trying to learn everything. Do you guys prefer trading?drafting? minor leagues? or what is your preferred way to build up your team? I keep starting a game over because i lack so many things. do you guys play every single game out? have tried watching videos on youtube but I just don't have patience for the rambling on that those videos have, so thought i would ask here for tips and suggestions....also how do you view draft day? i have yet to do a draft, so i have no idea how to handle that when it comes. I have seen a lot od things where drafting is the topic. I just really wished there were tutorials on youtube that was straight to the point but after spending a lot of time watching videos where they wee just more chit-chatty, i just don't have the patience for that....I just want to learn and play....i want to get going and enjoy myself so if you can post anything that pertains to your experience, knowledge,expertise. That would be great.

I will say how much I miss being a kid....and the game brings me back...where I lived our minor league team hosted the largest minor league tournament of All the minor league teams, teams came from all over, there were 150 teams that came to town and for over a month their would be teams that would play baseball around the clock starting by 10am and ending as late as 2am. I was a kid then but I saw big name players and all the retired players back then turned in baseball scouts and all the retired players were scouts then and they all sat in the best seats, so i would sit next to them and learned from them because they all were willing to talk to a 10 year old kid, so i got to talk to a ton of old timers.....i distinctively remember spending a lot of time with George Steinbrenner's dad. spent most alone time with them in the morning games and the late games after everyone went home fofr those late night gamed. Sometime their wee games in extra innings that we to 3-4 in the morning. As a kid they taught me what to look for in a player and they gave me copies of the sheets they used to scout a player and as a kid with all these retired players it was a dream. Most people did not even know who these guys were and lot of timea I did not either, it was just amazing.....
My grandma would drop m off at 10am and pick me up at 1am on my most days, her boyfriend knew one of the guys tht ran the thing so I was safe even at 10-11 years old.....The Royals were my team Brett, Willie Wilson,frank while, dan quizenberry....I remember being a kid and at home I would either be watching them on tv or listening to them on te radio and on their off days I would be outside playing with my plastic batting helmet and when it was my turn to bat, I would step up to the plate I would act like i was George Brett, I guy in and had my mouth full of big league chew....anyway sorry about the long post, I just wanted to share with you all my love for the game and my experiences....'m looking forward to hearing from you and I'm hoping you can help me get gling with this game is baseball is forever in my heart and feel free to send me a personal message if they suits you....After watching a few short videos on the new version coming out, it's increased graphics made me get it....looking forward to getting to know you all and making some new friends along the way.
jdolecek49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

when 21 is dropped you will lose many hours of your life in seemingly 12 minutes . if you have any questions or need tips feel free to message me,
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote