Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

Contract Negotiations

Anyone having issues with contract negotiations? I tried offering Rod Brind'Amour a 4 year deal(he wanted two) with more money. He rejected so I met his demand and offer the two year deal but then I got another message saying he rejected the 4 year deal and negotiations have been cut off
Old 10-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

That sounds like the qualifying offer problem - if the player really hated the initial offer, he may have broken off negotiations completely at that point. But the game still allows you to submit another offer to qualify him so he's doesn't become a UFA when his contract expires, which will get auto-rejected by the player if he's ended negotiations. But when that happens, because the submitted QO works around the normal restrictions on ended negotiations, it doesn't register with the player and
he responds to as if he's still talking about the offer that caused him to break them off.

It's a little messy to resolve, and I think we need to change the mechanics a bit to do it - probably something like a response option to the "I'm not talking anymore" response from the player that lets you enter a QO right then instead of doing it by allowing another "offer" to be submitted via the regular interface, which is confusing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #3
avsfan96
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I learned that right away. The first time I offered a player more years it was rejected and then I couldn't even get back to them. I found you just accept the year length they want and try to negotiate the dollar value down a bit. If you really want the player just accept his terms.Then wait and see if anyone offers him more. Not much back and forth with contract negotiations. Could be improved for sure. Like to see more interaction between agent/player and GM. Hopefully an area to be updated sometime in the future.
avsfan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

My thing is it keeps saying I'm offering the four year deal when I meet his demands or try to negotiate anything(I've done 1yr/$900k, 2yr/$900k and I keep getting the same notification)
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Nickphillies; 10-27-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Nickphillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
NYM Fan 31
Major Leagues

Has this been resolved? I have the same issue, they keep rejecting the initial offer I made even though I keep increasing it and it is now $10M more than the initial offer. The total value of the contract hasn't changed in the rejected offer news story.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM Fan 31 View Post
Has this been resolved? I have the same issue, they keep rejecting the initial offer I made even though I keep increasing it and it is now $10M more than the initial offer. The total value of the contract hasn't changed in the rejected offer news story.
If he's broken off negotiations, he won't accept any offer for awhile, but you're able to continue making offers to allow you to make sure you get a valid qualifying offer in to prevent a RFA from becoming a UFA when the contract expires (which, given the amounts you've offered, has happened here.) Unless you're very close to July 1, he'll likely start considering offers again once you get close to the contract expiring, or, worst case, after he becomes an RFA. At that point he'll either sign an offer sheet somewhere you can match, or he'll become willing to negotiate again.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote