Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
kjb023
Major Leagues

How come I can set the Intl Amateur FA Budget as high as I want even though I can only spend 5 mil?

I know the cap is $5 million but I figured since the game let me set the budget higher i'd be able to spend more?
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

double check that it is enabled, first. It probably shoudln't allow you to do that... it only hurts your team by reducing available money for other things, though. it's may not be technically a bug, but they'd probably shore that up at some point, if they are unaware of that context occurring.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
kjb023
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
double check that it is enabled, first. It probably shoudln't allow you to do that... it only hurts your team by reducing available money for other things, though. it's may not be technically a bug, but they'd probably shore that up at some point, if they are unaware of that context occurring.

It's enabled. I'm at the July 2nd date for Intl FA and when I offer a guy a contract of say $5 mil it says I still have $15 mil left of my $20 mil Intl FA Budget. But I can't spend anymore money at all.
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

The feature is there so that if you know you're not planning on spending to the signing cap you can have that money available already. It shouldn't be able to be pushed past the hard limit; not sure if that's a developer oversight or difficult to program in.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
Mannyw
Minors (Single A)

I'm seeing the same issue, I can sign unlimited International Procpects regardless of my money cap.
Mannyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:54 AM   #6
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Will we ever see a realistic IAFA setup? Because it's not a hard cap IRL. Once you pass 5mill you can't sign another player for over 300k (at least I think that's the amount?)
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:28 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Will we ever see a realistic IAFA setup? Because it's not a hard cap IRL. Once you pass 5mill you can't sign another player for over 300k (at least I think that's the amount?)
We sort of emulate that with the scouting discoveries, who are "free" in-game but IRL still would fall under the same cap and would make up the vast majority of guys in the category you mention.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We sort of emulate that with the scouting discoveries, who are "free" in-game but IRL still would fall under the same cap and would make up the vast majority of guys in the category you mention.
My problem with this is that none of the guys ever seem to be more than 2 star prospects. When in reality some very interesting prospects sign for under 300k
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #9
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
My problem with this is that none of the guys ever seem to be more than 2 star prospects. When in reality some very interesting prospects sign for under 300k
I have seen the contrary where if you look at the top 100 list there usually are scouting discoveries in the top 10 and top 20. May not be for your team, but they are there.

Thanks
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:03 PM   #10
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

The reason you can set your budget beyond $5 million (or whatever your signing cap is set to) is because there is a setting to eliminate the hard cap, as the rules were in MLB about five years ago.

If you uncheck "Use Hard Intl. Amateur FA Cap" but leave the "International Amateur FA Signing Cap (0=none)" setting at $5,000,000, you will have a soft cap of $5,000,000 but the game will allow you to go over, although the penalties are more severe at certain levels. My guess is the developers didn't see any reason to cap the number even if your setting is on for a hard cap, but maybe it could be added.

As far as the talent level of the players, you won't get a lot of great potential players with the "generate international amateur free agents" at the "default" level or the "few" level. If you want more talent entering the league, I would recommend using the "more" setting, which gives you a handful of high potential prospects and seems to mirror the real world scouting reports each July much better.

Last edited by TwinsTHunter; 09-05-2019 at 06:04 PM.
TwinsTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote