Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #221
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
1 update all of 2019, which gave no info. Still no screenshots or any visual confirmation of the game...it’s dead.
I'll take that bet.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:59 AM   #222
IlliniCubs
Bat Boy

This all reminds me of this thread from back in 2017, just before OOTP shut down BTS. Lots of people requesting a status update, mum from the developers other than generic statements that development is ongoing. Then eventually the plug gets pulled.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:10 AM   #223
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCubs View Post
This all reminds me of this thread from back in 2017, just before OOTP shut down BTS. Lots of people requesting a status update, mum from the developers other than generic statements that development is ongoing. Then eventually the plug gets pulled.
Dude, the "plug got pulled" on BTS, because the lead developer unfortunately passed away.

I'm just as keen to hear something - anything- as everyone else, but I really wish people would stop pointing back to the original BTS and comparing it to this project as if the two are linked in any capacity aside from both being under OOTPD.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:43 AM   #224
IlliniCubs
Bat Boy

We all miss Francis, even us lurkers, but there's some serious revisionist history there. There was a year of BTS as the Michael Winter project with continuous vague promises that the development was ongoing before the plug got pulled.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #225
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCubs View Post
We all miss Francis, even us lurkers, but there's some serious revisionist history there. There was a year of BTS as the Michael Winter project with continuous vague promises that the development was ongoing before the plug got pulled.
Right, yes, I didn't go back to read that specific thread to determine what the time line was.

Even still, the Michael Winter era is still not at all tied to Jim Gindin/FOF. As I recall, Winter was also attempting to start something completely from scratch, which is a pretty enormous undertaking (I recall him even like asking people for suggestions on books to read on football/coaching strategy, etc)... So it was probably a bit of wishful thinking by the company that anything would have surfaced at any time within a few years at least of that starting.

At any rate... my point still remains. Yes, the long-term "OOTPD football game project" has been a long time coming, but the current Jim Gindin/FOF era I think needs to be viewed on its own merits/on its own timeline, since that's an established developer bringing an existing game to a new platform, as opposed to someone starting something from scratch. That being said, based on the silence in here I'm not surprised people aren't overly optimistic, either way.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #226
tzussu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazfan67 View Post
Happy Friday everyone. I jump on this thread every few weeks, just to see what's there. Like a lot of other social media (FB, Instagram, etc.) there's a lot of impatient people but those are the times. Harken back to the days of having no access to any information about a game. I used to try to scour the internet back in the day looking for a cool game. Now we just expect to see something new and/or informative as soon as we jump on.
I am a beta-tester for the baseball side but had an epiphany this summer after open-heart surgery at 54. Patience. Don't be in such a rush to get the newest or latest. If what you want isn't there but a decent facsimile is, get that. Enough of this BS back and forth. I remember having to wait in the mail for a Lance Haffner football game that I had ordered or checking the back pages of the Sporting News to see if there was a neat new game or when the new Strat-O-Matic cards were coming out.
Let's just relax and when we get some new information, be happy that it isn't dead, or that at least, you aren't.
Ha! Yazfan - you reminded me of when Johnnie Lemaster got traded from the NL to the AL then back to the NL before half our league even knew about it (especially the guy who wanted to dump him but blew his chance!!!). It was definitely the 'Lack of Information Age'.And getting those strat cards via snail mail was better than Christmas day when they arrived. Thanks for your perspective (as other notables have already thanked you for).
Old 12-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #227
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
Excellent points Zep.

By the way, below is the exact quote from Markus back on Feb. 20th, 2018. Also, take note of the comment about Solecismic and OOTP working together for 8 months prior to Feb. 2018. That means there has been some sort of development effort on going for 2 1/2 years now.

OOTP originally set these expectations, not the community. It is not unreasonable to anticipate or request an occasional status update.
They were shooting for 2018, when that didn't happen as things were taking longer than expected, Jim pushed out a large free patch to FOF8 which contains some stuff he was keeping for FOF9.

This past June they said the game is still being worked on, but OOTP had to pull some resources (not Jim, I assume) from FOF development to aid in development elsewhere in OOTP.

Sorry if I got any of those details a bit off, but my point is that the development roadmap is not an easy one. Something as seemingly simple as OOTP Go, which is a straight port of OOTP XX to mobile, has been delayed until next year when they said it would be out this past summer.

OOTP does not have a huge staff. When things get tough, they have to pool resources the best they can and other projects suffer. There's simply no indication this game is dead when back in June they said "hold tight, it's still coming." In the meantime, enjoy what we do have in OOTP, FOF, DDS, etc. I think that's a better use of everyone's time and energy than drive-by posting with an "it's dead." Shark also should know better than respond as he did.

Last edited by garion333; 12-09-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #228
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Fair points, thanks Garion. Just shows how important semi-consistent communication is, in my opinion.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #229
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
They were shooting for 2018, when that didn't happen as things were taking longer than expected, Jim pushed out a large free patch to FOF8 which contains some stuff he was keeping for FOF9.

This past June they said the game is still being worked on, but OOTP had to pull some resources (not Jim, I assume) from FOF development to aid in development elsewhere in OOTP.

Sorry if I got any of those details a bit off, but my point is that the development roadmap is not an easy one. Something as seemingly simple as OOTP Go, which is a straight port of OOTP XX to mobile, has been delayed until next year when they said it would be out this past summer.

OOTP does not have a huge staff. When things get tough, they have to pool resources the best they can and other projects suffer. There's simply no indication this game is dead when back in June they said "hold tight, it's still coming." In the meantime, enjoy what we do have in OOTP, FOF, DDS, etc. I think that's a better use of everyone's time and energy than drive-by posting with an "it's dead." Shark also should know better than respond as he did.

That's not the point, 6 months without a word and 12 months or whatever it is without any positive news to a loyal fan base stinks. Stop making excuses for them please!
Old 12-09-2019, 11:11 PM   #230
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
That's not the point, 6 months without a word and 12 months or whatever it is without any positive news to a loyal fan base stinks. Stop making excuses for them please!
How long have you played FOF, sir? I'm guessing it's not very long... maybe not at all? Jim has been this way ALMOST as long as the game has been out, and certainly as long as I've been playing (since FOF 3).

The POINT is that, if you understand Jim, you understand he is a perfectionist and he also does not like to talk about the progress. The loyal following of this game knows and understands that, through YEARS of going through it.

Again, get over it, and go to another game until this one is ready if you don't like coming back here to nothing new. When the game is ready... it will get around and everyone will know. You don't have to come back here any more. Go have fun instead of bringing your attitude here

Have a good day
Old 12-10-2019, 04:37 AM   #231
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The thing is, you can't blame people for thinking the game is dead if it was intended to come out in fall of 2018 and the only communication since has been "it's still being worked on".
Old 12-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #232
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootMurph View Post
How long have you played FOF, sir? I'm guessing it's not very long... maybe not at all? Jim has been this way ALMOST as long as the game has been out, and certainly as long as I've been playing (since FOF 3).

The POINT is that, if you understand Jim, you understand he is a perfectionist and he also does not like to talk about the progress. The loyal following of this game knows and understands that, through YEARS of going through it.

Again, get over it, and go to another game until this one is ready if you don't like coming back here to nothing new. When the game is ready... it will get around and everyone will know. You don't have to come back here any more. Go have fun instead of bringing your attitude here

Have a good day

How long have i played FOF, about 10 years on and off. It's not Jim's game anymore other wise this would be on FOFC not OOTP so get your facts right before you start slagging me off. And i guess by telling me to get over it you're telling all the other posters on here who are fed up with the no news for 12 months to get over it.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #233
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
How long have i played FOF, about 10 years on and off. It's not Jim's game anymore other wise this would be on FOFC not OOTP so get your facts right before you start slagging me off. And i guess by telling me to get over it you're telling all the other posters on here who are fed up with the no news for 12 months to get over it.
It's very simple cat and from your replies I can see you like to keep it simple. You don't like it or the wait - leave! It is that easy. So either ride the wave like most of us and wait or take your business elsewhere.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:12 AM   #234
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
It's very simple cat and from your replies I can see you like to keep it simple. You don't like it or the wait - leave! It is that easy. So either ride the wave like most of us and wait or take your business elsewhere.

Quite happy here thanks.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #235
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

I just want to know if beer tents will be included in this game.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #236
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Jims history says something will most likely be released yet this football season. Either a new game or a roster update for FOF8. Until he releases a roster update I will keep hoping that it is the new game.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:09 PM   #237
Clavette
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavenHunting View Post
Jims history says something will most likely be released yet this football season. Either a new game or a roster update for FOF8. Until he releases a roster update I will keep hoping that it is the new game.
Season is almost over
Old 12-13-2019, 12:34 AM   #238
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
Season is almost over
Jim once released a roster update on 12/29. He almost always at a minimum releases a roster update if not a new game.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #239
Kodiakbear
Bat Boy

Greetings everyone I am new, I have been playing FOF since its inception. I am frustrated that we have not heard any news. However I would be happy with a statement saying the game will be released by next September or December, and then they can surprise everyone and release it early if they so choose. I would like to know that it is still coming etc.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:49 AM   #240
chicagomaroon
Bat Boy

Fwiw

This evening, I offered my services to help bring the game to completion. I honestly don't know much at all about the current status of the project (Nor do many of us, outside of vague updates), but I certainly think I could be an asset to help bring this game to market, at long last. I have several conceptual ideas that I think the team might be receptive to if they're not too far along in their development, both in terms of game features, and easing their burden on creating accurate rosters, that are adjustable based on somewhat similar criteria that is used in the OOTP series.

I, like many of you, are loyal OOTP fans/players, and I definitely think there is a not-insignificant market that can be realized with a game like this, even right out of the gates. I know that with my connections in the sports media community, there are some opportunities both for cross-promotion/utilization of some services that I'm not sure have been tapped yet. If that helps improve this game, or gets it across the finish line, I will gladly help.