Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation OOTP 17 Update #3, Version 17.6.46 Available!

Important: This update is only for OOTP 17 versions which were purchased directly from us or resellers who use our version.
It is NOT compatible with the Steam or Mac OSX AppStore version! The Steam update is available via the Steam client and the Mac AppStore version is pending review at Apple, which will take some more days.

Surprise!

Breaks are overrated, hence I thought we could just as well continue to improve the game based on customer feedback and bug reports. So, another update has just gone live, OOTP 17 version 17.6.46.

Here is the complete changelist (compared to update #2, version 17.5.43):
- Improved 2016 MLB roster sets (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Added a run differential column to the expanded league standings
- Updated the historical databases (error corrections) and fixed some issues with the historical minor league import functions
- Improved 3D ball flight on home runs (you can now see where the ball lands in the stands)
- Fixed game setup page functions "Reset all team logos", "Reset all caps textures", "Reset all jersey textures"
- Fixed "minutes played" counter on database info page
- Fixed a problem with scouting league selection randomly changin when playing with relative ratings enabled
- Fixed some rare crash issues while playing out games
- Fixed several small bugs and cosmetic issues

Update Info: To apply the update, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. updates always contain all the changes from previous updates. Saved games are compatible between different versions.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac OSX Installer

Download link for Linux:
Main Server: Linux Installer

Mirror server: Index of /ootp/17.6.46

Thank you very much for your support and spread the word about the game, please!
Markus & the OOTP Team
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Amaze Balls as always. Now to decide which team to manage?!?!!?! Hmmmmmmmmmm
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:33 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Will the changes to historical database and minor leagues require us to start a new game?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Will the changes to historical database and minor leagues require us to start a new game?
Not necessarily. But I would recommend it. Hard to say really.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

So...Lemme get this straight...The game's been out three weeks now, and I count six patches since the pre-release. That is bleepin' incredible support folks! Before anybody becomes a stick in the mud and says "Get it right the first time...Herp...Derp", this version was bound to be very buggy as it's extremely ambitious. Full credit to the team for grinding it out and fixing as much as possible as quickly as possible. Will there still be bugs? Duh...Yeah, it's a computer game, but it's reassuring to know that Markus and Co are on the case as soon as we report them. Awesome job guys.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
The thing about these changes DW, is that they should come into effect for players that will come into your league in the future automatically, but they can't do anything for the players that already populate your game unfortunately. So it is up to you, but I would if you don't want the guys that are already in your game to play by different rules than those that will come into your game in the future as it were.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
swoboda
All Star Starter

Adding run differential to expanded standings,....Yes !!

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Ok, Markus.
Take another break, you deserve it.
Then, get working on Patch 4!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #9
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Awesome! Thanks Markus!

Just wanted to double check. Was this issue indeed fixed for the patch?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ee-agents.html
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
JamesH
Bat Boy

Awesome! Thank you for trying to keep the game as realistic as possible...
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #11
lionbacker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hooray! Thank you!
lionbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #12
TwinsGuy34
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Awesome stuff w/ the constant tweaking and constant problem solving w/ issues.

The one, main issue for me is 3D gameplay. I know last patch had some mention of "cosmetic issues" for gameplay cleaned up but the problems I saw w/ the little pegs remained.

Balls rolling into right/left field stands. Players not making throws home when runner is trying to score and the 2nd baseman has the ball as the runner is just reaching 3rd base. It's probably more of a timing issue w/ the animations than anything. There are other examples of wacky game play.

I guess I'd like to see this tweaked and worked on, if it already hasn't. And I know it's all new and it's a process, so I understand that.

Just thought I'd mention.
TwinsGuy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:53 PM   #13
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsGuy34 View Post
Awesome stuff w/ the constant tweaking and constant problem solving w/ issues.

The one, main issue for me is 3D gameplay. I know last patch had some mention of "cosmetic issues" for gameplay cleaned up but the problems I saw w/ the little pegs remained.

Balls rolling into right/left field stands. Players not making throws home when runner is trying to score and the 2nd baseman has the ball as the runner is just reaching 3rd base. It's probably more of a timing issue w/ the animations than anything. There are other examples of wacky game play.

I guess I'd like to see this tweaked and worked on, if it already hasn't. And I know it's all new and it's a process, so I understand that.

Just thought I'd mention.
Certain those issues will be looked at when Matt's back from vacation. Whether it's a get-right-to-it issue (which wouldn't surprise me with Matt) or a summer patch, I know it's an area he wants to continue to improve. He's done amazing things there as it is. Trust that it will come.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #14
zappa1
All Star Starter

I guess you guys just don't know how ta take it easy. hahahhaa Thanks, again, all.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #15
Assos
All Star Starter

[IMG][/IMG]
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #16
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
The thing about these changes DW, is that they should come into effect for players that will come into your league in the future automatically, but they can't do anything for the players that already populate your game unfortunately. So it is up to you, but I would if you don't want the guys that are already in your game to play by different rules than those that will come into your game in the future as it were.
In what way would the rules be different for incoming players if I don't start a new historical league? I am not sure I understand, do you think the difference would be noticeable in a continuing league with a 1921 start?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #17
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Has anyone else noticed draft picks not having hs/college stats? I have found 15 and 16 year olds not eligible for the draft for 2 more years in the online reports as well (so they appear in OU... but not in game). Not sure if this is a bug or just an issue with my league file?
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:15 PM   #18
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I guess you guys just don't know how ta take it easy. hahahhaa Thanks, again, all.
They do...but Markus watched "The Secret of My Success" and works 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, 367 days a year.

He thinks he is Michael J. Fox in that movie....he's Brantley.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #19
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

oops .. sorry, see post below ..... hit wrong button again!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 04-08-2016 at 09:32 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #20
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Markus wrote: "Updated the historical databases (error corrections) and fixed some issues with the historical minor league import functions"

just curious what historical minor league import functions those might be.

Great work on this and thanks.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote