Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #121
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Here’s a question for any geniuses: do you think it makes sense to spend money on packs at this point?

On the one hand, house prices seem pretty high, and the only way I’ll get any really good cards is from cracking packs.

On the other hand, we all know that 95% of all packs are junk, and with a very small sample size the odds of getting something good and usable are very low. So chances are I spend all my PP and end up being frustrated that I did not get a single card I could use.

What do you guys think?

I like packs.....I know the ratios are not in your favor but last year I pulled a perfect peak 100 Ted Williams, a 100 Perfect peak Cy Young and a 99 Van Mungo, which carried me far. the only perfect I bought thru the AH was a 100 Live Gerrit Cole late.

Another strategy that I used last year early on is concentrating on loading you team up to at least Silvers across the board then getting Gold/Diamonds to replace once you get more points. I did that last year but will see how all packs go this year.....at least that's my strategy for now.

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #122
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here’s a question for any geniuses: do you think it makes sense to spend money on packs at this point?

On the one hand, house prices seem pretty high, and the only way I’ll get any really good cards is from cracking packs.

On the other hand, we all know that 95% of all packs are junk, and with a very small sample size the odds of getting something good and usable are very low. So chances are I spend all my PP and end up being frustrated that I did not get a single card I could use.

What do you guys think?

With Port Ruppert, I basically log in, check the AH for quick ending auctions, then log out, and enter a tourney or two. I've won a couple of packs that way, but no real luck. I've slowly built up my PP to 5K, so the packs are calling me.

To avoid the Sirens, I started up two other teams. I'm just using them to get the open packs fix, and letting the AI handle them otherwise. They only take about 5 minutes each, even if I pop them into a tournament or two. I go hours between checking on them, but it has helped with the self control on the Mundys side of things. Of course yesterday, one of them pulled an 86 Jim Kaat, my first historical gold pull since the starter packs. He'd be Port Ruppert's ace.

It only takes about 15 minutes for all three teams.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #123
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Lumberton and Asheboro are slowly moving towards OL compliant. Lumberton will wind up being my Pittsburgh only team and Asheboro will be a free for all.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:55 AM   #124
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Castillo, Merced Starter Pack Survivors?

At this point, it seems that original draftees (starter pack pulls) Luis Castillo (the infielder) and Orlando Merced will make the OL roster in PT 21. The Merced is from 1996. I also pulled the 1991 Rookie Sensation Merced in my starter packs.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #125
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:

What do you guys think?

I only use my PP in the AH.

I do not buy packs and the reason is I got burned bad by buying packs with my free PP, back in PT19 as I have never had good pack luck.

Starting in PT20, I get all my hand-picked players via the AH and I only acquire packs from challenge mode and winning tournaments.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #126
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

almost forgot this myself as I haven't touched the setting in v20 since I initially adjusted it.... so just a reminder:

Be sure to change your 'league placement' setting to "use friend's list"... then submit team.... then log out/back in and double check that it took
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:39 PM   #127
adion
All Star Starter

OL teams and 2020 Live players

Why do I see only 3 OL teams in the standings and 2 of them are mine? Also, how can there be 2020 live cards when there is no 2020 season yet? Do we need to remove the 2020 live cards from our team?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:43 AM   #128
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Good to see a lot of the same guys are back! Running six teams this year again but four are on auto pilot. I don’t know how I managed six teams last year.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:25 AM   #129
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Why do I see only 3 OL teams in the standings and 2 of them are mine? Also, how can there be 2020 live cards when there is no 2020 season yet? Do we need to remove the 2020 live cards from our team?

I believe OL doesn't start until March 30th. As for the Live, I assume OOTP has to operate on the assumption that there will be a regular season. If I remember correctly, you cannot use non-compliant cards on your active roster. I prefer keep my ineligible players on inactive for ease of use, and to avoid mistakes. Finally, the leagues will be more populated with OL teams from the same level, provided folks are diligent about using their Friends List, keeping it updated, and making sure to "submit team" before the next week starts.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:28 AM   #130
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Good to see a lot of the same guys are back! Running six teams this year again but four are on auto pilot. I don’t know how I managed six teams last year.

Good to see you as well. If this is up for a vote, I pick Palolo and Kaneohe, although letting Tacoma go sorta stinks. Now that I think about it, wasn't Aina Haina in OL in PT 19?

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-26-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:33 AM   #131
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Goooood Morning, Port Ruppert!

Nice to get up early, decide to check in and to see this had happened yesterday evening. The 1600 PP helps the struggling Mundys gate receipts.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #132
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Mundys Add Promotional Night

All fans attending tonight's game against the first place Detroit Mustangs (although looking at their roster, they might be more aptly named the Special Editions), will received the highly collectable, newly printed, Geoff Zahn Domination card from Donruss.
Attached Images
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 AM   #133
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I tried entering a couple of tournaments yesterday with Brigadoon. Of course did not win anything but it was an interesting experience. And playing in a historical league let me peek at the rosters of the teams that did well!

My question about buying packs or buying players off the AH has become more of an academic one, as I’ve purchased a few players and only have a few hundred points left. I bought Maury Wills because I asked myself how can you construct a good fielding team and NOT have Maury Wills?

I also picked up Pedro Borbon for Annandale since he Was on the roster last year... not that he’s got a bad card this year, but it was a sentimental decision as much as anything else.

Last edited by Charlatan; 03-26-2020 at 06:57 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 AM   #134
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Waffletown picked up their last piece for their old timey squad yesterday, so the Syrups are set for OL play (still have non-compliant cards in the lineup for entry league... might as well milk them for all they can give until Monday)

another reminder... check your friend's list setting and be sure it's set right; and then check off all the OL tagged teams as friend's.... let's avoid any missed teams due to the mundane details
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #135
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I bought Maury Wills because I asked myself how can you construct a good fielding team and NOT have Maury Wills?

So far the best surprise was pulling a 1965 Maury Wills in a starter pack and seeing his fielding rating. So much better than last year, when I really thought he got stiffed, as did many of the historical players in fielding. Thankfully, it seems better this year. By the way, for the hell of it, I've trained him at 2b during this OL pre-season week, and he's up to a 91 already. Always one of my favorites when I was a kid. I gotta feeling he's gonna be on my team for a long time.

Don't know Brigadoon's color scheme, but here's a salute to Maury.
Attached Images
Old 03-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #136
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Thanks! Tell the truth I am not 100% sure of my color scheme yet! I’m thinking of going to the forum where people create logos and asking for some kind soul to make me something based on a tartan. One logo I have seen that I might steal uses green and gold for the colors. And it’s possible I can use my limited artistic skills to massage that one… If that happens I will post it!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #137
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I bought Maury Wills because I asked myself how can you construct a good fielding team and NOT have Maury Wills?

So far the best surprise was pulling a 1965 Maury Wills in a starter pack and seeing his fielding rating. So much better than last year, when I really thought he got stiffed, as did many of the historical players in fielding. Thankfully, it seems better this year. By the way, for the hell of it, I've trained him at 2b during this OL pre-season week, and he's up to a 91 already. Always one of my favorites when I was a kid. I gotta feeling he's gonna be on my team for a long time.

Don't know Brigadoon's color scheme, but here's a salute to Maury.
I sold all my Live 2020 cards and bought players with the points I gained to fill the gaps. You can't depend on what you may get from the cards. In my opinion.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #138
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I sold all my Live 2020 cards and bought players with the points I gained to fill the gaps. You can't depend on what you may get from the cards. In my opinion.

Yes, you are 100% correct.

What you see is not always what you get.

That is why it is good to have a plan A, B, & C.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #139
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks! Tell the truth I am not 100% sure of my color scheme yet! I’m thinking of going to the forum where people create logos and asking for some kind soul to make me something based on a tartan. One logo I have seen that I might steal uses green and gold for the colors. And it’s possible I can use my limited artistic skills to massage that one… If that happens I will post it!

Here's a couple of quick shots. No offense taken if they're not to your liking. I have fun doing them, so no worries if you can't use them. Easy to tweak if they're close. Just holler.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-26-2020, 12:58 PM   #140
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Yes, you are 100% correct.

What you see is not always what you get.

That is why it is good to have a plan A, B, & C.
So far I have opened 12 packs, not counting the initial ones. So, that is 12,000 PP. I have sold live players from those 12 packs totally just over 12,000...basically breaking even. But out of those packs I have picked up some good players for my team, including a 91 Cepeda and a 89 Verlander.

Packs have worked out good for me, so far! But I find the AH more interesting.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote