Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #101
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Syrups take 2nd in a Bronze tourney... only 250 points for the prize, but at this point every little bit helps.

don't forget about the tourneys while you are building/etc.... just toss anything out cause you never know when the random number gods will be kind.

and speaking of tournaments, since those are separate from the OL league play, I'd like to suggest the 'offiicial' OL stance is that any/all players are eligible for tournament play (so if you have quality Live cards on hand, you can use them in tourneys)... those are great ways to earn packs/points for F2P teams, so no sense limiting yourself there since it doesn't impact OL league play.

I was wondering, if you keep Live cards on your inactive roster, does that make them ineligible for tournaments? I'm not very savvy on how they work. When I remember to do it, I just pick one at random and enter.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #102
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I was wondering, if you keep Live cards on your inactive roster, does that make them ineligible for tournaments? I'm not very savvy on how they work. When I remember to do it, I just pick one at random and enter.

All you cards are available including reserve roster or inactive page as long as they meet the tourney criteria.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #103
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Building Blocks?

These are the three best pulls from the Port Ruppert starter packs, and still the best three players overall. The build has been slow, in barely perceptible increments. Glad to see that Maury Wills got a usable card this year.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-24-2020, 06:28 PM   #104
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Syrups take 2nd in a Bronze tourney... only 250 points for the prize, but at this point every little bit helps.

don't forget about the tourneys while you are building/etc.... just toss anything out cause you never know when the random number gods will be kind.

and speaking of tournaments, since those are separate from the OL league play, I'd like to suggest the 'offiicial' OL stance is that any/all players are eligible for tournament play (so if you have quality Live cards on hand, you can use them in tourneys)... those are great ways to earn packs/points for F2P teams, so no sense limiting yourself there since it doesn't impact OL league play.

Thanks for bringing that up, Jason.

Yes, OL rules are for non tournament play.

You can use any player you want when playing in tournament play.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #105
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Hooterville has been busy beating up the AH.

Is it me or does it appear that there aren't that many big name players available as has been the case in past years?

I have been having better than normal luck playing tournaments.

So far, in the last two days I have been rewarded with 6-8 regular packs and 1500pp.

The first one held a 93 Live Diamond, which was a big surprise however, 97% of the other cards have been 50-60's Live cards.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:10 PM   #106
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Forgot to mention that in my Entry Division, there is a huge whale running loose who currently has a 51-4 record.

The whole team is either 100's and Diamond cards!
Old 03-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #107
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Bottom Of The Sixth;4607613]Hooterville has been busy beating up the AH.

Is it me or does it appear that there aren't that many big name players available as has been the case in past years?

I don't know, I have Cal McLish on my roster.

His full name is Calvin Coolidge Julius Caesar Tuskahoma McLish, which is pretty damned big, if you ask me. I'm pretty sure there was a jazz song about his name back in the day. I know there was one for Van Lingle Mungo.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #108
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I haven't won anything in tournaments, but I am pretty lucky with packs. Just nabbed Orlando Cepeda diamond card!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:23 PM   #109
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Two New Collector Coins Minted

Seems a real slog this year just to assemble a mediocre staff. The Mundys present their two newest "aces."
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #110
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Seems a real slog this year just to assemble a mediocre staff. The Mundys present their two newest "aces."
a nice part about working from home is I can have PT running in the background and periodically check the AH throughout the day.... I'm actually down to one more player to nab to finish out the old timey roster.... granted they aren't exactly Murderer's Row but ya gotta start somewhere.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:20 AM   #111
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Forgot to mention that in my Entry Division, there is a huge whale running loose who currently has a 51-4 record.

The whole team is either 100's and Diamond cards!
I have one in my entry level who is 64-4. All diamonds except a perfect Yogi.

As for Coney Island I haven't done much yet but sell my four live golds cards.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:22 AM   #112
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah.. had a few "Live" Diamond cards, sold so I could get more packs.. busted out with mostly irons in those packs... ugh
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #113
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Just make sure that, when Arroyo pitches, you have someone warming up in the bullpen when he starts the 6th inning. When he goes, he goes FAST!

Cue flashback, "Damn it, Dusty! You can't wait until he has given up a walk and two hits to start warming someone up! &^^%$$#$ A 5 run 6th by the time you got him out of there!" So....many...times!!!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:47 AM   #114
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I have one in my entry level who is 64-4. All diamonds except a perfect Yogi.

As for Coney Island I haven't done much yet but sell my four live golds cards.
one of the big dogs in my entry is 66-17 (2 perfects, 7 gold, the rest diamonds).... and my bunch of scrubs is one of their 17 losses took down perfect Gerrit Cole

for my bunch, I'm going to do my best to only sell dupes, so even my spiffy gold Ohtani will end up on the inactive list for regular season play... gonna try to complete some collections as able, and figure might as well keep quality cards for tourney play.... might slow down my progress/improvements, but I'm not in a rush
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:57 AM   #115
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
one of the big dogs in my entry is 66-17 (2 perfects, 7 gold, the rest diamonds).... and my bunch of scrubs is one of their 17 losses took down perfect Gerrit Cole

for my bunch, I'm going to do my best to only sell dupes, so even my spiffy gold Ohtani will end up on the inactive list for regular season play... gonna try to complete some collections as able, and figure might as well keep quality cards for tourney play.... might slow down my progress/improvements, but I'm not in a rush
I am struggling putting together a team. My job in the short term is to stare at a computer screen all day leaving me little motivation to work on my team. Instead I had just purchased the book Scandal on The South Side and have been doing a little reading and turning the computer off.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #116
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The only collection I've completed is the Harold Baines, because it was cheaper than the auction house. I was interested in Eddie Plank and Chuck Klein, but they would be cheaper on the auction so, like you, I'm gonna only sell doubles for awhile and let the collections build over time, hoping to pack a few players from tourneys.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:19 AM   #117
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Rupperts Add a Couple of Classic Georges

This is how I entertain myself during what should be PT time. There's not much to be done there, so I log out before I'm tempted to turn my meager points into a couple of packs.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #118
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

BFF League PT21

Quote:
Make sure you use your friends list. The Mundys and Whalers might be still there waiting for you. Correction: with only 12 promoted, they will be waiting for you.
I had a respectable May, with a .400+ winning Percentage.

I have a fully functional team. Debating on whether to go packs only, as that will be my only way to catch a LIVE diamond or perfect to flip. Plus I like opening packs.

I won a Diamond Championship last year doing the conventional FTP route, so I'll see how far packs get me.

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #119
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Got both of my rosters compliant so that’s settled.

Still finding the auction house challenging. I have thought about it a bit and have my theories are

* in general, low supply and high demand is driving prices higher
* live player prices are being bumped by collections being in from the start. So people are chasing live players to get those sweet SE cards
* For historical cards, lower-level players (bronze and silver) prices are juiced because tournaments are already in place and people are trying to get some PP through winning bronze tournaments. So they’re scarfing up all usable lower level historical cards

It’s quite a different environment from last year when you could pick up some good hitting/bad fielding bronze cards for almost nothing. I’m paying more than I want for Mose everyone. Maybe in a week or two prices will deflate a bit.

Last edited by Charlatan; 03-25-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #120
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Here’s a question for any geniuses: do you think it makes sense to spend money on packs at this point?

On the one hand, house prices seem pretty high, and the only way I’ll get any really good cards is from cracking packs.

On the other hand, we all know that 95% of all packs are junk, and with a very small sample size the odds of getting something good and usable are very low. So chances are I spend all my PP and end up being frustrated that I did not get a single card I could use.

What do you guys think?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote