Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Trading for Two-way players, fleecing the CPU

I believe that has been brought up already a few years back..

Anyways, look at the screenshots below, setting the position to 1B the CPU thinks it's a good deal, however, when set to SP it won't agree to the trade.
Should definitely not work like that.
Attached Images
Image Image 
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
venflaalachi
Minors (Double A)

I got a really good first baseman that way. They were set as a SP and had an ERA over 4, but had really good hitting stats. Was offered him in a trade, did the trade, changed him to first base, and he became one of the best hitters in the league.
venflaalachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

I feel it might also plays a role when the cpu is drafting. After a few rounds I usually draft pitchers with good hitting potential, the cpu is passing on the until later. Not 100 percent sure on that one however.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #4
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome View Post
I feel it might also plays a role when the cpu is drafting. After a few rounds I usually draft pitchers with good hitting potential, the cpu is passing on the until later. Not 100 percent sure on that one however.
You're right about this. 2-way players with their position set to their weaker side, whether it's pitching or hitting, are usually undervalued in the draft. I believe in most cases this lets you find undervalued batters set to SP... haven't seen much the other way around.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
You're right about this. 2-way players with their position set to their weaker side, whether it's pitching or hitting, are usually undervalued in the draft. I believe in most cases this lets you find undervalued batters set to SP... haven't seen much the other way around.
I've seen this, also, although it seems a little better in OOTP20. In previous versions, I could get position players with good pitching potential after round 15 (often they were catchers). Not stud potential, but good enough that I had a few guys reach the majors as relievers after I converted them.

Now, in the three drafts I've done in OOTP20, those guys seem to be gone by the middle of the draft. But I don't know if there's just less of them or if they're being drafted earlier.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:29 AM   #6
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I've seen this, also, although it seems a little better in OOTP20. In previous versions, I could get position players with good pitching potential after round 15 (often they were catchers). Not stud potential, but good enough that I had a few guys reach the majors as relievers after I converted them.

Now, in the three drafts I've done in OOTP20, those guys seem to be gone by the middle of the draft. But I don't know if there's just less of them or if they're being drafted earlier.
don't think there are less, I usually do the first 5 or 6 rounds with the best talents available then the next 3 or 4 rounds I'm taking the best two way players, often guys who are primarily SP or RP, but are way more talented as position players. often potential wise good enough to actually be taken way earlier, but its safe to wait cos cpu ignores them. This has been that way for years, can it be so difficult to fix?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk