Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #681
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans View Post
I attempted to use the advertising signage you guys created from previous versions in OOTP 20 and most signs fit fine, but when they didn't, they looked bad.

Any ideas? Has the modeling changed that much from one year to the next? Is this operator error on my part? Any help would be appreciated. At the same time, outstanding work over the years!
I looked at the OOTP20 parks and they appear to be the same as used in 19. So, if you copy all the parks I did for 19, i.e. those ending with -19-AD, and the Advertising-19-AD folder to the models folder and, for each -19-AD park import the .prk for you will have the ones I did last year. If you no longer have those files, they are available from the below link. I have no plans to redo the OOTP20 parks until there is a reasonable way to mod the signage and/or big screens. I don't know when/if the parks will be reformatted.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ttyv...9_Park_Signage
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #682
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS5 View Post
Thanks that worked...are these stadiums in 3d model too or just using in 2D? Sorry, I'm new here.
3D. Use the import function by selecting the .prk file for each park you are using.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #683
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I looked at the OOTP20 parks and they appear to be the same as used in 19. So, if you copy all the parks I did for 19, i.e. those ending with -19-AD, and the Advertising-19-AD folder to the models folder and, for each -19-AD park import the .prk for you will have the ones I did last year. If you no longer have those files, they are available from the below link. I have no plans to redo the OOTP20 parks until there is a reasonable way to mod the signage and/or big screens. I don't know when/if the parks will be reformatted.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ttyv...9_Park_Signage
I followed your instructions and...voila...it was me being me all along!

Thanks for your patience!
christophermichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #684
zappa1
All Star Starter

1901 league park - Cleveland

Silvam or anybody that could help.

I've just played my first game in this park and I can't see the rightfielder. He's positioned behind the fence. This is in modern 3D mode. When a flyball is hit to right, he comes through the fence to make the play. I was wondering if there is something I could do to have the rightfielder visible on the field. Some setting or something. This park is similar to Baker Bowl and the rightfielder in Baker Bowl is visible. This doesn't affect the play of the game, it's just a cosmetic type of thing to look out there and not see the fielder. The park is cool and plays great. Just wondering if something I could do to fix this. Thanks.

Last edited by zappa1; 04-19-2019 at 06:05 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:58 AM   #685
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post

I've just played my first game in this park and I can't see the rightfielder. He's positioned behind the fence. This is in modern 3D mode. When a flyball is hit to right, he comes through the fence to make the play. I was wondering if there is something I could do to have the rightfielder visible on the field. Some setting or something. This park is similar to Baker Bowl and the rightfielder in Baker Bowl is visible. This doesn't affect the play of the game, it's just a cosmetic type of thing to look out there and not see the fielder. The park is cool and plays great. Just wondering if something I could do to fix this. Thanks.
I have the same problem.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:35 PM   #686
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post

If you look at the grid and compare it to Baker, you will see the the right field grid on League Field is way out side the wall That is probably why we can't see the player. I don't if it is the size of the grid or the scale of the park is the problem. I don't know how to change the size of the grid and I don't want to mess with scale of Mike's park. I am sure he will know how to fix it.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #687
JustinS5
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
3D. Use the import function by selecting the .prk file for each park you are using.
Interesting. The prk files import in 2D but I have to go to the 3D side and then import another type of file (I think obj file) for it to work in 3D. Any advice on getting the crowd to show up?
JustinS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #688
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS5 View Post
Interesting. The prk files import in 2D but I have to go to the 3D side and then import another type of file (I think obj file) for it to work in 3D. Any advice on getting the crowd to show up?
If you have each individual park folder directly in your models folder, it should work. Mine work fine.

Are you following this procedure?
1. Download the .rar file of a stadium
2. Open it using winrar (or whatever program you use)
3. Drag the entire folder into your “/ballparks/models” folder
4. In the game, go to park editor
5 find the stadium of the team you want to change.
6 under the “Actions” menu, select “Manually import park from a file”
7 navigate to the park folder in /ballparks/models
8 select the .prk file

If you bulk download parks you will have to do this for each individual park in the bulk .rar download, i.e. open the bulk download on you desktop then follow the above for earch park.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #689
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

That's some amazing work!

How complex is it to edit the 3D models? What tools do you need? I'd love to fix the dugouts in OOTP's version of PNC Park... I'd hate to be sitting behind the dugouts there. Talk about obstructed views!
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #690
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hibbs View Post
That's some amazing work!

How complex is it to edit the 3D models? What tools do you need? I'd love to fix the dugouts in OOTP's version of PNC Park... I'd hate to be sitting behind the dugouts there. Talk about obstructed views!
I did know what program OOTP used for the stadiums but I have forgotten. I do remember that it was expensive. I was told that they could be modified with Blender but I was not very successful with that program.

Instead of trying modify the park, have you tried changing the view on the park editor page? I fooled around with it a bit and came up with this. I am no sure what view you really want.
Attached Images

Last edited by adion; 04-20-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #691
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sir, you are a God!
sexpositiongrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #692
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Using Steam and OOTP XX- first park I am playing in won't show in 3D mode. In 2D mode it shows the park and players but when ball is hit they all disappear and the ball just moves as a coordinate marker. Any ideas how to fix?
sexpositiongrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #693
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpositiongrief View Post
Using Steam and OOTP XX- first park I am playing in won't show in 3D mode. In 2D mode it shows the park and players but when ball is hit they all disappear and the ball just moves as a coordinate marker. Any ideas how to fix?
What park and did you import it using the .prk file?
Old 04-20-2019, 06:49 PM   #694
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Selecting the .obj file isn’t sufficient to utilize park factors? The additional import is mandatory? I don’t recall any of that last year.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #695
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Inventory of 3D Ballparks by Silvam14 and Adion

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Selecting the .obj file isn’t sufficient to utilize park factors? The additional import is mandatory? I don’t recall any of that last year.

The prk file houses all of the park factors, dimensions, 2D ball locations and other general park info. The obj is strictly the 3D model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #696
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
The prk file houses all of the park factors, dimensions, 2D ball locations and other general park info. The obj is strictly the 3D model

Hmmmm. Could hv sworn the prk file was packaged. Doggone it. Another item on the Thought I Knew list.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #697
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmmm. Could hv sworn the prk file was packaged. Doggone it. Another item on the Thought I Knew list.

Thanks!
So I'm probably using the same PRK file for every team then, at least those using these parks, eh? I'll adjust. And those were part of the original zip so they'll be in the same Models/Whatever, right?

Also, what park factors then do the default 'game' parks use? Aren't they all different? Just automatically imported/installed then?
Old 04-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #698
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I'm probably using the same PRK file for every team then, at least those using these parks, eh? I'll adjust. And those were part of the original zip so they'll be in the same Models/Whatever, right?

Also, what park factors then do the default 'game' parks use? Aren't they all different? Just automatically imported/installed then?

All I know is each park has a different prk file which, once loaded should import everything for that park.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #699
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:

Just for clarification, all of Silvam's park folder contain the .prk file for each, so do my OOTP-19-AD parks. The parks that come with OOTP have the .prk files in the main ballpark folder, not in the models folder or in the park folder.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:23 PM   #700
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Loaf View Post
My only question for you Silvam is what would be the best approach to adding the background? I had a hard time getting the pictures to paste up as transparent along the skyline.
If you're talking about the skyline image, here's the process I use on my parks:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...7&postcount=16