Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #41
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZA View Post
ok find me Andraes i will pay him to fix it
He is on the members list under Community.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #42
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
He is on the members list under Community.
Just following up on this, I sent an email about my licensing issue to OOTP and was quite surprised that a response came from Andreas himself issuing me a new license for the game, so perhaps you can go that way.

Though I want to be clear, I don't imagine any money is being made here, so I for one wouldn't expect Andreas to give up his valuable time to fix something essentially for free. After all, this doesn't seem to be a problem with the game itself but rather an issue stemming from yet another disastrous update from Microsoft.

For what it's worth. Just wanted to mention that emails to OOTP do seem to go to Andreas, so perhaps he can be reached that way. Perhaps we get lucky here and there is a very easy fix for an experienced programmer.
jas80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:36 PM   #43
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas80s View Post
Just following up on this, I sent an email about my licensing issue to OOTP and was quite surprised that a response came from Andreas himself issuing me a new license for the game, so perhaps you can go that way.

Though I want to be clear, I don't imagine any money is being made here, so I for one wouldn't expect Andreas to give up his valuable time to fix something essentially for free. After all, this doesn't seem to be a problem with the game itself but rather an issue stemming from yet another disastrous update from Microsoft.

For what it's worth. Just wanted to mention that emails to OOTP do seem to go to Andreas, so perhaps he can be reached that way. Perhaps we get lucky here and there is a very easy fix for an experienced programmer.

From what Paul of PISD posted a while back, it might not to be as simple as it looks on the surface. Trunzo still owns the rights to the board game, Andreas/OOTP has the rights to 2.5, while PISD has the rights to 2013 and whatever follows...if anything.

So you might see yourself as fighting a hydra rather than a dragon here.

Yes you can lay blame on Microsoft producing another OS, but who is going to make it right? Not OOTP. As you said there's no money in 2.5 for OOTP here. Forget about Trunzo; he's only got the board game.

And PISD? Why should Paul revise a game he doesn't own?

Of course it's an easy fix. APBA upgraded BBW 5.75 from XP all the way to Win 10. And Dave Koch did the same with his Action! PC games. And both did so without a hitch! The transitions were pretty much seamless

If you're looking to point fingers or assess blame, I'd start by looking at how TBCB was broken up in a tripartite manner rather than simply writing it off as "another disastrous update from Microsoft."

I have to disagree with your major premise that it's not a problem with the game. It certainly is a problem with the game. TBCB 2.5 is in essence outdated; the fact that no one chooses to update it isn't the fault of Microsoft.

Last edited by professordp; 01-30-2018 at 01:16 AM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:22 AM   #44
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
From what Paul of PISD posted a while back, it might not to be as simple as it looks on the surface. Trunzo still owns the rights to the board game, Andreas/OOTP has the rights to 2.5, while PISD has the rights to 2013 and whatever follows...if anything.

Yes you can lay blame on Microsoft producing another OS, but who is going to make it right? Not OOTP. As you said there's no money in 2.5 for OOTP here. Forget about Trunzo; he's only got the board game.

Of course it's an easy fix. APBA upgraded BBW 5.75 from XP all the way to Win 10. And Dave Koch did the same with his Action! PC games. And both did so without a hitch! The transitions were pretty much seamless

If you're looking to point fingers or assess blame, I'd start by looking at how TBCB was broken up in a tripartite manner rather than simply writing it off as "another disastrous update from Microsoft."

I have to disagree with your major premise that it's not a problem with the game. It certainly is a problem with the game. TBCB 2.5 is in essence outdated; the fact that no one chooses to update it isn't the fault of Microsoft.
Ya, I hear you.

It sounds like we are all playing version 2.5, so I can't see how Paul or the Trunzo's would have anything to do with this.

The best case scenario would be that Andreas would take a look to see if something could be adjusted to get it working again. Though, as I said and will say again, there would be no reason at all to expect him to do that other than simply to be nice and see if he could fix the problem since he would be the only one with the expertise to do it.

I went ahead and submitted a support ticket on the OOTP site, I mean, what can they do to me??
Old 01-30-2018, 02:25 AM   #45
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post

And, for the record, my characterization of Microsoft and their updates isn't simply about this game. I find that I have little trouble finding people who agree with my characterization of them generally.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:50 AM   #46
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And, for the record, my characterization of Microsoft and their updates isn't simply about this game. I find that I have little trouble finding people who agree with my characterization of them generally.
Care to elaborate? Regardless, you seem to have evaded the main question. Is TBCB 2.5 outdated?
Old 01-30-2018, 02:55 AM   #47
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ya, I hear you.

It sounds like we are all playing version 2.5, so I can't see how Paul or the Trunzo's would have anything to do with this.

The best case scenario would be that Andreas would take a look to see if something could be adjusted to get it working again. Though, as I said and will say again, there would be no reason at all to expect him to do that other than simply to be nice and see if he could fix the problem since he would be the only one with the expertise to do it.

I went ahead and submitted a support ticket on the OOTP site, I mean, what can they do to me??
Dream on (LOL)!
Old 01-30-2018, 03:09 AM   #48
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

Not expecting much, but it seemed like the only way to get some kind of answer to the question at hand...even if it's just a nicely worded go to hell...

Maybe they will surprise us and be as awesome as Microsoft is...:
I'm sure nobody here has ever had any trouble with any version of windows or any update...
Old 01-30-2018, 03:16 AM   #49
professordp
Hall Of Famer

As far as programmers go, Andreas isn't the only one to make things right. There's Richard Hanna, the premier sports game programmer, and I doubt that he'd touch this with a ten foot pole.

A couple of guys proffered a boxing game to Dave Koch, and he said no dice.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:30 AM   #50
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not expecting much, but it seemed like the only way to get some kind of answer to the question at hand...even if it's just a nicely worded go to hell...

I'm sure nobody here has ever had any trouble with any version of windows or any update...

Perhaps the Easter Bunny will deliver the upgrade in our baskets. The naked truth that no one in this forum wants to admit is that we've been had.

Andreas is more than willing to grant licenses for an outdated game. And where's PISD Paul these days?

I've said it many times, OOTP got rid of the game by passing it off to Paul who after five years gave us nothing but a bug-ridden beta game.

Look at your calendar...it's 2018. That's five years gone by and nothing to show for it but a few cryptic reports by the game's "testers".

Last edited by professordp; 01-30-2018 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:54 AM   #51
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You're still ducking the question...is 2.5 outdated? Seems that APBA, PC Action!, ASG,..etc. have little or no problem transitioning from one Windows OS to the next.

Your statement, "I'm sure nobody here has ever had any trouble with any version of windows or any update" strikes me as somewhat of a canard.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:00 AM   #52
AZZA
Major Leagues

Not liking your pessimistic attitude but agree Paul after 5 years has blown it simple. but Andreas however is issuing licences and still selling game I only bought it for my new pc 2 weeks ago therefore he should be looking for a fix so even tho its old it can still work on windows 10. its a keyboard freezing thing maybe its not that bad?
AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #53
AZZA
Major Leagues

Those that are effected can we all email Andraes and ask if he can help?
at least we will find out what the problem is.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #54
pilight
All Star Starter

re: keyboard freezing

The only time I've had the keyboard freeze in 2.5 is when I tried to let it load in the background. Title Bout does not take well to you doing other things while it loads.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #55
Cap
Hall Of Famer

As for Microsoft and Windows. There is a good reason why almost no one is running Win8. It was a total disaster. WIN10 and its interface was obviously designed for the smartphone/tablet crowd. I have it on one laptop but without an internet connection so no updates. I disregarded "updating" the OS on this machine and instead had it switched to WIN7 which I have no problem with.

I don't think there is any reason to believe Andreas is going to update TB 2.5 as he has pretty much washed his hands of it. The only hope we have right now is Paul Norman will have time from his duties with OOTP to finally finish a new stable version of Title Bout.

The only other possibility in sight is for one of us die-hards to win the lottery and buy the rights to Title Bout from Paul and hire a team to produce an updated version which will sell about fifty copies unless it is made to appeal to the younger crowd.

Anyone win the lottery yet?

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 01-30-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #56
AZZA
Major Leagues

I tried
Old 01-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #57
AZZA
Major Leagues

ok bit of an update
I disconnected the internet and booted up old pc. no updates obviously were uploaded I then disabled updates to pc and will just use it to run tbcb. The weird thing is the old machine is running windows 10 and I didn't have a problem it is only since a recent update that there were problems. This problem we are getting might be a real easy thing to sort and we shouldn't give up on it . I have emailed Andraes and will also contact Paul
Old 02-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #58
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

i had those freeze i while back ago, and i realize that was somethign related to the direct x that uses windows 10.

the freeze is caused when the game goes out of focus, what i do in that case to unfreeze the game is to minimize the game by clicking right click and minimize until the game minimize then i choose the option to restore all of those steps clickicking on the task bar.

i will try to make a video showing that.

it's the only way that i found to continue playing
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #59
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

here it is an example.
Attached Images
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #60
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you so much for posting the possible workaround, Javier...

It does get me to wondering whether or not Paul plans to make it possible to import a universe from version 2.5 into any version of 3.0 that might be coming in the future? If not, this may truly be wasted time (running a version 2.5 uni). I mean, between the eventual obsolescence of the older game and a forthcoming version that doesn't allow any import, I have to wonder what I am doing playing this game at all..

And while I am at it, would 3.0 be playable simply as a sim? Or are you required to manage a given group of fighters against a universe of other fighters managed by the computer?

I know you are involved in the testing of the new game, so i thought you might know. On the other hand, I know that often people in your position are precluded from discussing the game in development.

Anyway, thanks again for the possible solution with Windows 10, much appreciated.