Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #21
HonusWagner
All Star Reserve

Why is there an option in the settings to create ghost players?
HonusWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #22
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

i have the same issue, so what can i do because i cannot advance..

Has an illegal number of player in the active roster (40), so what can i do??
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #23
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can go to that teams rosters page and "ask ai to set up mil" or for entire organization... if that doesn't work you can fill the team through a league function found on the main league settings page if not multiple ways to get to it.

both answers are in the thread, for what it is worth.

i've been running a 3-R 1SA 2A 1aa, and 1aaa system with ~40rounds and 42 created. keeps a healthy amount of mil fa plus doesn't stack up too much except in rare instances (saw ~70 players in a short A one time, but it was out of their season, too.. rosters likely jostled).

in general ~30 players at each level

(all service time max+1 for actual years allowed at that level)

R - 1 year max and age max of 19 or 20.
other 2 R's - 2 years max no age limits
sa - 3 years
A1 - 4 years
a2 - 5 years - sorta simulates a 'high' a with older players at least
AA - Age max:27
AAA-nothing

using age later (AA) makes sense, because it's doesn't care if they were 18 or 22 when drafted while using age as a max at an earlier point is impoossible unless intentionally cutting out college players, as i did above with 1 out of 3 rookie leagues.

since i have 3 r's i tried to corral al the 1st and 2nd year AND younger players into 1 of them, then just rely on service time in the other 2. side note, get to use multiple coach foci at each rookie and tailor development to need, at least early on.

sa is essentially a rookie league, although you can't force the more developed palyers to go there with age or service time, so i just stuck with service time so as not to scr^w over the more devevloped younger players.

funny, i turned off option years thinking it would help push younger talent to the majors, but the start of careers wasn't noticeably changed, in fact with .950 aging speed my leaderboard is littered with a tone of 15-17 year guys but in 100ytears only one priminent batter with ~20+ years played.... i don't expect many, but 1 seemed like a small number - of the better players and not a thorough search by any means.

not sure if my mil setup is partly to blame or if no option years had an opposite effect..

anyway, it's better to have 'more' players in your mil system then too few... things run way smoother... e.g. that younger player might not stay in R due to lack of players fitting the requirements when they are better rated for a much higher league etc etc.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-17-2017 at 12:42 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #24
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

i was not able to make the cpu to maintain the league so i change the roster limit from the leagues rules..
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote