Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:00 AM   #21
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

No History Either

Hi Folks,
I just noticed that my history was not imported from v16 to v17. There is so much info here that I am totally confused. It's weird, I am up to year 2052 in my league and can only open the Almanac from 2051, all the other years I made almanacs for 2034-2050 won't open.
I get an error that says
UPPER_AREA_PAGE::handle - unable to open almanac. Could not find file index.html.

I pretty much have no computer skills and am clueless about these issues. I have a backup of the current season I'm playing and another from the beginning of that season.
Can some kind soul help/guide me through this.
thanks
phillsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #22
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

A couple of things that may help. I had problems importing my OOTP16 league, eventually uninstalled then reinstalled the game and everything (apart from ballpark images which I moved manually) transferred perfectly. I also followed a suggestion from Markus to move the almanacs to a separate folder (outside the game) before transfer to speed things up. When I'd imported the OOTP16 league I then moved the almanacs back into the appropriate folder. Everything seems fine. Hope this helps.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #23
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo13 View Post
A couple of things that may help. I had problems importing my OOTP16 league, eventually uninstalled then reinstalled the game and everything (apart from ballpark images which I moved manually) transferred perfectly. I also followed a suggestion from Markus to move the almanacs to a separate folder (outside the game) before transfer to speed things up. When I'd imported the OOTP16 league I then moved the almanacs back into the appropriate folder. Everything seems fine. Hope this helps.

Where would I find the almanacs and how do I move them?
Old 04-01-2016, 11:15 AM   #24
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

On my PC they're in Documents/OOTP Developments/OOTP16/Saved Games/News. I created a new folder outside of OOTP then just dragged each almanac into the new folder. When I'd reinstalled the OOTP17 I imported my OOTP16 game and dragged the almanacs back into the news folder which was now in OOTP17/Saved Games. Hope I've explained the process reasonably clearly!!
Old 04-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #25
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
On my PC they're in Documents/OOTP Developments/OOTP16/Saved Games/News. I created a new folder outside of OOTP then just dragged each almanac into the new folder. When I'd reinstalled the OOTP17 I imported my OOTP16 game and dragged the almanacs back into the news folder which was now in OOTP17/Saved Games. Hope I've explained the process reasonably clearly!!
I have tried this a few times. Uninstalled 17 completely and DL v17 again. Still not working. What's weird is that when I open almanac for year 2051 ask the stats are there and I can then link to every year I had an almanac for, 2035 to 51. Clicking any other almanac year gives me that error message

Last edited by phillsphan; 04-01-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:44 AM   #26
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Phillsphan, is the imported game complete (history, news,logos etc) and working apart from the almanacs?
Old 04-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #27
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Phillsphan, is the imported game complete (history, news,logos etc) and working apart from the almanacs?

Yes, everything is there now, history is back and almanac will work , though only if I open 2051
Old 04-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #28
Jekyllfox
Bat Boy

Error Messages

I'm getting this error message after trying to save my current game:

DATABASE::save_database - could not save sqlite database file
OOTP tries to roll back the transaction
Jekyllfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #29
r0nster
Hall Of Famer