Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #81
Assos
All Star Starter

The MLB graphics are great! Well done! I am singing praises all day!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #82
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I can't load or restore games from OOTP 15

I have saved and backed up all of my games in OOTP 15.

When I go into import an OOTP 15 game, it says it can't import it, because it was saved with OOTP 14. Not true...I just saved it in OOTP 15. Also, they are in the OOTP 14 folder, but I am definitely playing with OOTP 15. There IS no OOTP15 folder. I am not sure why that is so, but I am definitely playing with OOTP 15!

Also, when I click on Backup, none of my leagues that I just backed up in OOTP show up except for 1976 and there is no file to restore. I clicked on all of the directories and still no file!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo...what am I missing?

Thanks!

============================
More info...The game defaults to the User/documents directory where only 14 and 16 are listed. I've since discovered that there is an OOTP 15 backup folder in the ProgramFiles (x86)/OOTP folder, but it still doesn't help, because there are no files to restor when I go into the Backup Folder. All my games are there, but everything is grayed out 'underneath' it.

I am lost.

Thx!

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-20-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #83
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgolo View Post
So far so good, love the improvements...just one small problem for me (and it's only because I'm nearing 50 and have to wear glasses) is that during the game, the font size for some of the graphics is a little smaller than in years past. But overall, am very satisfied with what I've seen so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You can make the font size bigger.
Yeah I tried that. It is a global adjustment unfortunately. On other screens the larger font affects columns and spacing a bit. It would be nice to be able to adjust specific font sizes such as the 7-day lineups only. I found that switching to the "classic" skin helped with the 7-day lineups font by reducing the white glare of the background.

FWIW

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #84
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

The combination of the new facegen and the integrated nickname project logos/uniforms is making my fictional league look amazing with no work from me. Seven thumbs up!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #85
Benoit256
Bat Boy

Happy Camper

Easily downloaded this morning and been playing nonstop. The team out did itself this year. Love everything you've done to make this a most enjoyable game to play. Too many improvements to list but this edition is amazing to say the least. No problems running the program. Thanks a lot for a first class product and workmanship.
Benoit256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #86
Exodor
Major Leagues

Are we no longer able to see coach ratings? When I go to a coach's page or look at the list of availablecoaches I don't see a way to see "teach hitting", "teach pitchng", etc.

As league commish if I go into the editor I can see the raw numbers but that seems like cheating.

Transferred my long-running league into OOTP16 without a hitch except one - the reliever I've been holding off signing upped his demand from ~$4M in OOTP15 to ~$14M in OOTP16 - and of course my owner has made signing him a goal
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #87
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
But, I am getting tired of having to type in that 85 digit order code every year. Why is it that I can copy and paste that thing into any program except OOTP, where I have to laboriously type it in?

I mentioned this last year and the year before yet it still stays as a problem.

I do a "Control-C" and then a "Control-V" and all that pastes is a lower case 'v'.

VERY annoying!!!!
Talk about complaining. So once a year you have to type a 20 plus digit code? Start a fund raiser!
phillsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #88
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa36 View Post
Just started an MLB quickstart and my Phillies lost the first 14 games of the season! This is the most accurate version yet! Well done.
I went 2 and 12 with my phillies.
phillsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #89
Bleacherboy
Bat Boy

Psyched to crank it up and rest the Cubs' championship clock!

Haven’t proceeded too far yet (which is part of the problem) and don’t know that the causes are “bugs” per se – I guess that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I’m an OOTP vet (though I skipped version 15) and operating on a pretty powerful laptop that had no problem with OOTP14. Issues thus far:

1) Simulation speed – previously playing “until next week”, would take 7-10 seconds/per day, this version > minute/day...zooms through games then hangs a loooooong time;
2) Free agent signings: (a) though I have all signing control set to me, there are constantly offers being made by my organization that I have not executed; (b) when I get a note stating that an FA wants more money, I cannot alter my offer – told that I have a pending offer.

Apologies is this should be posted elsewhere (let me know) – just seeing if there re quick fixes I’m overlooking or if I am alone in my issues. Thanks.

Last edited by Bleacherboy; 03-20-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Bleacherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #90
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have it all downloaded and installed before I left for work this morning. Is the MLB QS all ready to go with everything or do we need extra mods? (logos/uniforms/facegen/ball parks/etc)
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #91
John Locke
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Yup, got about half done and stopped. Tried it twice. Trying the DL Manager now.
Failed again with a DL Manager. Got to around 550 MB this time. Let's try again I guess...
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #92
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Still just scratching the surface, but I noticed that in addition to the All-Star voting, there's also a setting to adjust the influence of player popularity in the All-Star vote. Pretty sure that didn't exist last year. Fantastic.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #93
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

OOTP 16 manual Missing?

When I click on the OOTP 16 manual in game option it refers me to the OOTP 15 manual. Where is the manual for ootp 16 ?
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #94
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strzepeksc View Post
When I click on the OOTP 16 manual in game option it refers me to the OOTP 15 manual. Where is the manual for ootp 16 ?
Not yet available... working on it. Most is identical, though.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #95
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodor View Post
Are we no longer able to see coach ratings? When I go to a coach's page or look at the list of available coaches I don't see a way to see "teach hitting", "teach pitching", etc.

As league commish if I go into the editor I can see the raw numbers but that seems like cheating.
Correct.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #96
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I've decided to play as GM only, and it seems like the way Managers have been implemented is fantastic, with reputation and personality determining how much strategy control you have as GM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #97
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsphan View Post
Talk about complaining. So once a year you have to type a 20 plus digit code? Start a fund raiser!
If I could be bothered I could probably remember it, although it seems too much effort when it's simpler to copy and paste it

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #98
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
Still just scratching the surface, but I noticed that in addition to the All-Star voting, there's also a setting to adjust the influence of player popularity in the All-Star vote. Pretty sure that didn't exist last year. Fantastic.

So, am I to understand then that players that are unpopular but great may not get the same support as a player with similar numbers but people love? I can dig that.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #99
DWK
All Star Reserve

Well done Guy's, you hit it out of the park
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #100
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Can we no longer click and drag to rearrange the player names on the field graphic when we're playing out games? I prefer doing it in-game rather than going into the Edit Ballpark menu, but it now automatically goes to the player's profile when you try to click and drag. Seems an odd thing to get rid of, so maybe it's an oversight?
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote