Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
snepp
All Star Starter

Hidden players are the guys that your scout find if you invest into international scouting.

Ghost players are the temporary players that will get used if they're needed. You don't have to worry about constantly shuffling backups around in the minors to cover for injuries and such.
snepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I believe jb is suggesting that SandMan have the AI take care of his minors instead of using the reserve roster.
Yep.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Ghost players are there to fill out your minors rosters when you don't have enough real players to fill them out yourself. Say for example you only have 12 players at AA. Your line-ups may look like there are blank spots when filled out because of not enough players. These blank spots are filled by ghost players.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
2Rowdy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Kind of spooky, ain't it?
2Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
hfield007
All Star Starter

In my main league...

from 1901-1910 I had 1 Triple A
From 1911-1935 (present) I've added a Double A.
In the middle of the 40's I plan on adding a Single A league.

Still at 16 major league teams, I plan to add 4 more teams in the 60s. As far as minors go though I don't see myself ever adding another level or league after I add Single A.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

how do i delete minors? Can i do this during my franchise? and If I delete a level will every other team do the same?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #27
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp View Post
In your reserve roster leagues in v13 are you able to offer minor league contracts to free agents and discovered players?
I am still using 12 for my current league (don't want to mess it up importing to 13). With the reserve rosters I am not able to offer minor league contracts but the AI teams are.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #28
snepp
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I am still using 12 for my current league (don't want to mess it up importing to 13). With the reserve rosters I am not able to offer minor league contracts but the AI teams are.

Ok, that's the same behavior as in 13. Has there ever been an explanation why it works that way? I guess it's one way to give the AI a slight edge.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #29
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

How do u delete minors in your franchise? And what happens to those players?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG719 View Post
How do u delete minors in your franchise? And what happens to those players?
In OOTP 12 League Options>>Selected league>>General Functions>>Delete the league. Those players should become free agents.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
Bmorebirds_24
Minors (Single A)

Can you delete minors in the middle of a season?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Bmorebirds_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #32
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Yes, but be carefull. Any prospects (your's or the AI's) in that league will be FA aswell. Move them to another level of Minors to avoid this.
Righty Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Personally I have used 4 levels in almost every league I make, AAA - R skipping Short A leagues.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
Bmorebirds_24
Minors (Single A)

Can someone PLEASE explain in detail on V13 how to delete certain minor leagues??? I'm afraid to ruin my whole franchise.

Bmorebirds_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #35
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorebirds_24 View Post
Can someone PLEASE explain in detail on V13 how to delete certain minor leagues??? I'm afraid to ruin my whole franchise.

select the league you want to remove. go to game options. select 'delete league'. done. All players in the league will be dumped into free agency so move the ones you want to keep to another affiliate.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
snepp
All Star Starter

Are you playing an MLB league? Which minor leagues are you trying to get rid of?

This is how I think that I'd do it....

-----> Back up your league <-----

Don't skip that step. People skip it all the time and it inevitably ends up costing them.

Set the roster limit in the lowest minor league to unlimited (or whatever league isn't getting deleted).
Use the function to disable all AI roster moves.
Go to the roster page for one of the minor league teams in the league you want to delete.
Use the mass-select button.
Demote all players on the team to the lowest level in that organization.
Repeat the select/demote for each team in the league.

Once all players have been demoted to the lowest level, feel free to delete the league and re-enable AI roster moves.

Sounds good in theory anyway.

Last edited by snepp; 04-15-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #37
luger
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
Trying out a reserve roster sounds interesting as I don't really enjoy managing the minors. Does the fact that you can't offer minor league contracts ever negatively effect you? Also, how many draft rounds do you do (because the feeder league guides and such use a formula to determine draft rounds based on number of minor leagues)?
luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger View Post
Trying out a reserve roster sounds interesting as I don't really enjoy managing the minors. Does the fact that you can't offer minor league contracts ever negatively effect you? Also, how many draft rounds do you do (because the feeder league guides and such use a formula to determine draft rounds based on number of minor leagues)?

It does bother me a little that I can not offer minor league contracts to minor league free agents but I can live with it. In the inaugural draft I had 45 rounds to have my 25 man roster and 20 man reserve roster with a limit of 30 players on the reserve roster. Each year after that I have a 6 round draft. After a few seasons you need to get rid of the dead weight to not go over the 30 players. A lot of times to get players for the reserve I will trade a 1-star active player for 2 or 3 minor league contract players off of another team. This way I will have coverage in case of injury. I usually end up drafting in the 29 or 30 slot and don't get much in the draft but sometimes I find that one player that becomes a star player.

Good luck in you league. Overall I am happy using the reserve roster.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #39
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp View Post
In your reserve roster leagues in v13 are you able to offer minor league contracts to free agents and discovered players?

No. If you do not have minor leagues, you can only offer guys major league contracts.

At least that is how it was in my league. Prior to adding my first minor league, everyone had a 15 man reserve roster (which the lucky teams had maybe 4 guys on, I had about 10, several teams had 1 or none). And the AI was able to give guys minor league deals, I on the other hand only was able to offer major league contracts. Granted, this was with no draft, no 40-man roster, no option years, no free agency, so the only players I was bidding on were players released or the new batch generated for that year's rookie crop (which tend to offer plenty of major league ready talent in this set up).

Once I added a minor league, I was able to offer players minor league deals, and that hyrbid deal where the guy has a minor league deal but can become a free agent if his has not made the major league club at a certain date.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!

Last edited by Cras; 04-18-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #40
legofarley
Major Leagues

I use 5 levels of minors. AAA, AA, A, Short A, Rookie, plus a college feeder league. I find it's somewhat realistic without being the hassle that the MLB set up has with 7 or 8 minor league affiliates per franchise.