Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Been playing it, if you're sitting on the fence BUY THE GAME

Been playing a new league and an imported league, and the game is great. Buy the game, it's better than 11, and 11 is awesome.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Reggie
Major Leagues

Took a little effort chasing down my eLicense ( my fault ) and waiting for the server to catch up ( not that big of a deal for me ).. but I'm ready to play ball!

I won't be back on the forums for a while because I'll be playing every spare minute I have. I want to think Markus and everyone who put this together. And thanks for the awesome Tech support I've gotten over the last few months.

Last edited by Reggie; 06-20-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
I'd like to point out that besides the obvious new features (several of which will feel indispensable in the coming years), there was a LOT changed under the hood that isn't quite as obvious but makes OOTP12 a much better baseball simulator than OOTP11 (and OOTP11 was the best ever).

It's not perfect yet, but it is definitely another step closer to the promised land.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

It is fast as hell, I will give you that.
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic View Post
It is fast as hell, I will give you that.
Agreed. I'm just getting my jersey's and logos in the game and firing it up but load times seem improved. Glad it wasn't my imagination.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

It's better in oh so many ways...BUY THE GAME!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Been playing a new league and an imported league, and the game is great. Buy the game, it's better than 11, and 11 is awesome.
Sure, OOTP 11 is awesome and sure, OOTP 12 is better than OOTP 11. I knew and could figure those out, respectively. How much better is OOTP 12 and why, specifically?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Newspaper feature isn't bowling me over but the Off Season center is awesome
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Sure, OOTP 11 is awesome and sure, OOTP 12 is better than OOTP 11. I knew and could figure those out, respectively. How much better is OOTP 12 and why, specifically?
Wrong question. The right question is "Is it worth the money to upgrade?" and the answer is "Hell yeah!" You can trust me now and have more fun starting tonight, or you can be cautious and wait for tons of details and buy it later. Your call, but you will be buying it so you're better off having a little faith and buying it now and having more fun.

Hell, it's worth it just for the damn speed increase.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Depends on how you like to play the game.

For Historical Players who want to accuratelty recreate the past there are new features that make the game a MUST have over OOTP11. Real Lineups, real transactions, auto-calculation of league modifiers to name a few of the biggies.

The auto-calculation feature is huge for anyone who is particular about the shape of their league's stats. No longer do you have to hunt for good league modifiers through trial and error; just plug in what you want the stats to look like and the game will do the rest (and do it well).

For everyone, the AI is much improved. The roster management and in game generalship are much better. Still not perfect, but much better.

These things alone justify the greatness of OOTP12 over OOTP11, but there are several other features that also improve the game experience. The Financial estimator is very helpful for players wishing to set up non-standard economics in their leagues and want to insure that they aren't making a setup that won't work. The Depth Chart screen is very cool and useful. The International Scouting overhaul is a great improvement over OOTP11.

What else?
Did I say that the AI was improved?

To me, that's the biggest thing in the release, so I'll say it again: the AI is not as stupid as it was. He's still not a genius, but his baseball IQ may have finally reached triple digits.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
What else?
Did I say that the AI was improved?

To me, that's the biggest thing in the release, so I'll say it again: the AI is not as stupid as it was. He's still not a genius, but his baseball IQ may have finally reached triple digits.

Agreed. The hunt for the ultimate AI is the most important thing for any simulation game. Glad that got some love this go around. Can't wait to get into the game more and get more of a feel for it.

Do you know Quest if this applies to trades too?

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 06-20-2011 at 08:25 PM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
Agreed. The hunt for the ultimate AI is the most important thing for any simulation game. Glad that got some love this go around. Can't wait to get into the game more and get more of a feel for it.

Do you know Quest if this applies to trades too?
Yes, definitely applies to trades. The whole player evaluation algorithm was redone.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic View Post
Newspaper feature isn't bowling me over but the Off Season center is awesome
I am not overly excited about the newspaper but it is a first step and something to build on. Baby steps. I like the offseason center, depth charts, and contract negotiations for starters
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I like the new weekly news stories.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
AstrosFan409
Minors (Rookie Ball)

After a full days work, then class, then internet going down here at home i finally have my game activated, now time to get into it!
AstrosFan409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #16
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment of "JUST BUY THE GAME". Other than the hour I spent with my son playing real baseball, I've been glued to this game since 4:30. I was able to import my existing game and other than adding the stadium images back, have experienced no problems (not really a problem as this was known)

The upgrades are definately worth the $30/$40.
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftdr View Post
Couldn't agree more with the sentiment of "JUST BUY THE GAME". Other than the hour I spent with my son playing real baseball, I've been glued to this game since 4:30. I was able to import my existing game and other than adding the stadium images back, have experienced no problems (not really a problem as this was known)

The upgrades are definately worth the $30/$40.
Definitely! There are some small problems that a quick patch will fix, like some team history being left out, but this is a must buy if you like OOTP.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #18
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
It's better in oh so many ways...BUY THE GAME!
You're such a fanboy. :P

Actually, I'm just jealous that I've barely had time to scratch the surface... c'mon wife! c'mon baby! Get with the program!

ANYway, new dynasty thread coming for me... soon... time permitting.

Oh yeah... thanks for all the hard work, OOTPD peoples! Both of you! Take a dollar out of petty cash and get yourselves frosty chocolate milkshakes!
jmm8356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #19
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

It's late and I'm tired, so I'll just agree with the original post. What an excellent upgrade over what was already the best OOTP of all time. This game is faster, smarter, sleeker, more robust and just flat out better than its predecessors.
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #20
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Will my city, nation, name files etc transfer over into 12 easily or will I have to remake all of them ? Maybe wrong but sure somebody said you have to re do them, if this is the case then I'll be passing on 12 as I must have put around 50-60 hours doing those files to what I want them to be.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote