Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #101
rogmax11
All Star Starter

Since you asked, albeit not of myself, may i respectfully request the ability to import historical draft classes out of sequence, much as one can import individual players now?

How about the ability to randomize names within a draft class or league or sub league or team that only uses THOSE specific names as source for randomization? Alternatively, how about a way to randomize talents among a player subset to increase the fog of war factor.

How about a simpler way to implement the myriad mods into ones game for those old fuddys such as myself who cant seem to do so without fubaring things up? Why not charge a minimal fee for such mods, and split the deal with the originators ( think Spritze for example ), using the Iphone model?

And of course, league associations would seal the deal
rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #102
mp33
Minors (Single A)

I want it this weekend Back to the barracks Sunday night then I have to download via data stick ... bleh!

Legacy Baseball League - Philadelphia Brewers
- former -
United States of Baseball - Houston Defenders
British Baseball Society - Northumbria 1530
mp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #103
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

How about this update?

"game will be released tonight at midnight.. happy Father's Day to all the dads"

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #104
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
How about this update?

"game will be released tonight at midnight.. happy Father's Day to all the dads"

Maybe Markus wants to make sure we spend time with the kids before the game comes out
Old 06-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #105
daveawrit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
Maybe Markus wants to make sure we spend time with the kids before the game comes out
Is that what father's day was about? I thought it was about the wife and kids leaving me alone for day. I must be doing it wrong
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #106
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yeah I'm glad it's not coming out until Monday since this is my first fathers day. However, a release at 7 PM tomorrow after my baby girl goes to sleep would be nice.
Dr. dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #107
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

See, I took *Tuesday* off precisely so I could OOTPerate all day without having to wait for the danged release.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #108
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks kids.. now leave me alone to play some ootp.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #109
zukes
All Star Starter

I try not to be a post whore, I don't post for "thanks", though I try to help people when I can. I mostly browse...I was 2 years before I stopped lurking and actually signed up.

That being said, Markus, you are a King of men. You have outdone yourself again! I wish all gaming companies took the time and pride that you and your team do on this game!
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #110
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
See? Despite all the ADHD and drama, OOTP 12 is going to be just what you all should been expecting it to be - totally awesome - after all. All it took was some faith and some patience. Remember this during the wait for OOTP 13.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf; 06-19-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Left out an "it."
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #111
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Remember this during the wait for OOTP 13.
Ah, if only this could work out that way. It would be nice, and I certainly hope it will. OOTP 12 looks like it will deliver and then some. That's why it's been easier to deal with the wait on this one, because 11 was such a superior product to the previous couple of versions. Much like it was easier to wait extended time once OOTP and SI began their short-lived collaboration, because OOTP 6.5 was just brilliant compared to the previous versions.

Do us a favor, Markus, and make us not worry too much about when OOTP 13 comes out because we are still so immersed in version 12!

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #112
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbuttons View Post
Ah, if only this could work out that way. It would be nice, and I certainly hope it will. OOTP 12 looks like it will deliver and then some. That's why it's been easier to deal with the wait on this one, because 11 was such a superior product to the previous couple of versions. Much like it was easier to wait extended time once OOTP and SI began their short-lived collaboration, because OOTP 6.5 was just brilliant compared to the previous versions.

Do us a favor, Markus, and make us not worry too much about when OOTP 13 comes out because we are still so immersed in version 12!

I imagine most of the impatient people are like me and just discoverd the game in April. At that point it didn't make much sense to buy 11 since at that time the game was supposed to come out in early May according to a post on this board. I have been waiting for almost 3 months now.
Dr. dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #113
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. dru View Post
I imagine most of the impatient people are like me and just discoverd the game in April. At that point it didn't make much sense to buy 11 since at that time the game was supposed to come out in early May according to a post on this board. I have been waiting for almost 3 months now.
This could be rectified by giving the people buying by pre-ordering a version a limited time license for the present version until the new version is released. Upon the release of the new version the license for the old version would expire and make the game unplayable except for the league transfer.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #114
hfield007
All Star Starter

Is there a release date for ootp 13 yet?

all this 12 talk is old news.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 AM   #115
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
See? Despite all the ADHD and drama, OOTP 12 is going to be just what you all should been expecting to be - totally awesome - after all. All it took was some faith and some patience. Remember this during the wait for OOTP 13.
At least the OOTP13 wait will be shorter, right?

I mean... unless we move Summer Solstice... or they miss "Spring" entirely...

In other words, the insanity is pre-scheduled for next year... in a condensed format.

(Besides, shouldn't we skip OOTP 13 or go to a new numbering scheme or something? [insert spooky music here])
jmm8356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #116
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
2) Automatically calculate league total modifiers so that the stats output match the league totals : Sounds complicated, but isn't. Imagine you want your league to match 1984 MLB, both in terms of strategy, finances and simulation results. The former two could already be attained in OOTP 11, but the stats output was again trial and error. Now I have added a function which lets you enter your desired league totals (= output), hit a button, and the game quick-simulates the season while adjusting the league total modifiers. The result is that your league will spit out league total stats that are within +/- 2% of the real stats. Oh by the way, this funtion is utilized for historical leagues automatically, resulting in the best historical simulation accuracy ever!
So I want my league to match real life, 2011 modern day. Is there some place you have these listed or a dropdown somewhere?

I guess I could look at the stats from last year in the ML and use those?
Old 06-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #117
Toado
Minors (Double A)

I always have to do it myself because by default it just randomizes market sizes / fan interest, etc... Assuming we'll have to do it manually again this year, this link should help! Obviously, I use actual payrolls to determine each team's budget and average attendance to determine fan support / interest.

2010 Major League Baseball Attendance & Miscellaneous - Baseball-Reference.com

If you want to be more updated with payrolls:

2011 MLB Salaries by Team - USATODAY.com
Toado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #118
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Send me $10k and I'll get you the current beta build My PayPal account is markus(at)ootpdevelopments.com...
I would have thought you would have sent that to everyone who pre- bought the game as a fathers day gift.....................................Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #119
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golander40 View Post
Please allow "One Pitch" option while viewing a game played by teams other than your own (Not have to touch computer while game is playing out) Takes to long otherwise,will allow other activities,while game is playing.
Thanks
Gil The Ancient One
It alows this already. Atleast with Ver 11................................................ .Z
Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #120
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveawrit View Post
is that what father's day was about? I thought it was about the wife and kids leaving me alone for day. I must be doing it wrong
roflmao......................................Z