Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #41
philsrule91
Minors (Single A)

Will the roster pack with the correct contracts(AirmenSmith's) screw up some of the fixes?
philsrule91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #42
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Yes, that's right!
I see two Major league file.

One in quickstart and other in the main menu. Are they the exactly same?

Thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #43
KySteveH
Minors (Triple A)

Okay, I can either just install the .exe, or I can uninstall and reinstall the new version. The only reason that I might want to reinstall the new version is that it addresses issue in the 2008 MLB league. But reinstalling doesn't affect saved games.

So, if reinstalling doesn't affect save games, how is it going to make changes in the MLB league. That's just a saved game, in a folder, like every other saved game, right?
KySteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #44
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySteveH View Post
Okay, I can either just install the .exe, or I can uninstall and reinstall the new version. The only reason that I might want to reinstall the new version is that it addresses issue in the 2008 MLB league. But reinstalling doesn't affect saved games.

So, if reinstalling doesn't affect save games, how is it going to make changes in the MLB league. That's just a saved game, in a folder, like every other saved game, right?
Changes were made to the MLB quickstart, so you would have to start a new league. The changes will not show up in your already created league using the MLB quickstart.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #45
brado09
Bat Boy

I have a Mac and I'm running a historical game, but will soon start a MLB quick start game with the 2008 rosters. Can I just overwrite the files and be OK with the 2008 roster update since I haven't started a game? In the newsletter it said we'd have to uninstall and then re-install OOTP9 if we wanted to start a new MLB. But since you don't "un-install" OOTP on a Mac like you would on a PC, I'm confused.
brado09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #46
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

With the original release of v 09 I installed the game on my D drive and avoided any folders being created under my documents. (This was wonderful as I have this on my work computer and I can’t keep those types of files under my documents.)
Then today I installed the patch, first trying the overwrite version then uninstalling completely and trying the full install. Now no matter which way I tried every time I open up the game it now creates an “out of the park developments” folder and an “ootp9” folder under my documents. Even if it was an option to keep it there I now have to take the folders that where working fine in the D drive and transfer them to the newly created my documents folders to get any logos, pictures, ect, to work. Anyone know how to get this to work the way it did before the patch came out?

Moved to tech Support: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2517093

Last edited by chredwdew; 06-25-2008 at 09:40 AM.
chredwdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #47
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

question...

If you purchase the game now and download it. Will you still have to download and install the patch or is it already done with the purchase and the original download?

Thanks
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #48
Mattymo
All Star Starter

Help!!!

I followed all the directions here: OOTP Developments - Baseball and Boxing Game Downloads

However, when I downloaded the patch from Mirror1, it put what looks like a OOTP9 shortcut in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments folder. When I click on it, it asks me "am I sure I want to run the file"...when I click run it says "failed to load background image, please uninstall".

Edit: I am trying to do the executable version

Last edited by Mattymo; 06-24-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Mattymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #49
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
If you purchase the game now and download it. Will you still have to download and install the patch or is it already done with the purchase and the original download?

Thanks
In the past, new downloads have been updated to the latest patch. I don't know if that's true for this patch.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #50
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattymo View Post
I followed all the directions here: OOTP Developments - Baseball and Boxing Game Downloads

However, when I downloaded the patch from Mirror1, it put what looks like a OOTP9 shortcut in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments folder. When I click on it, it asks me "am I sure I want to run the file"...when I click run it says "failed to load background image, please uninstall".

Edit: I am trying to do the executable version
What makes you think it's possibly a shortcut? Did you download with a click, or did you right-click Save Target As?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #51
Mattymo
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
What makes you think it's possibly a shortcut? Did you download with a click, or did you right-click Save Target As?
I did "save"...I don't know if it's a shortcut, it just downloaded an icon that looks like the original "OOTP9" icon that opens the game. The baseball with the '9' in it.

From what I understand, I thought it was supposed to be a folder that I'm supposed have to open.

And actually, I don't even see OOTP9.exe in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 folder. I see a bunch of folders, such as logos, photos, saved leagues, etc. I see no OOTP9.exe.

Last edited by Mattymo; 06-24-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did "save"...I don't know if it's a shortcut, it just downloaded an icon that looks like the original "OOTP9" icon that opens the game. The baseball with the '9' in it.

From what I understand, I thought it was supposed to be a folder that I'm supposed have to open.

And actually, I don't even see OOTP9.exe in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 folder. I see a bunch of folders, such as logos, photos, saved leagues, etc. I see no OOTP9.exe.
It goes here: C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 - (open that folder and then past that file into it, it should ask you if you want to overwrite the old file)
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #53
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

I Am Angry

The patch instructions and use are unclear,.

Where is the professionalism.

What did I pay for ?
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #54
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

My Game is now screwed up (OOTP9)

I attempted the download and now can not access the game. This patch mess needs to be fixed.

What do I do now ?
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #55
Mattymo
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It goes here: C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 - (open that folder and then past that file into it, it should ask you if you want to overwrite the old file)

I did that, no such thing happens for me...

Right now I have the icon with the 9 that says "ootp9" (which I downloaded from the patch website) in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 However, when I open OOTP9 from the shortcut on my desktop (the same one I used prior to downloading the patch, which used to be the icon with the '9' but now is just a 'dos' looking icon) it says version 9.0.26

Last edited by Mattymo; 06-24-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #56
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Right now I have the icon with the 9 that says "ootp9" (which I downloaded from the patch website) in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 However, when I open OOTP9 from the shortcut on my desktop (the same one I used prior to downloading the patch, which used to be the icon with the '9' but now is just a 'dos' looking icon) it says version 9.0.26
This has to be easier than it's sounding. Can you paste a screenshot of your icon's properties?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #57
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Mattymo, did you install the game originally to the "Default" directory?

If so, I think you're looking (and putting the file) in the wrong place.

You want to be looking in c:\program files\out of the park developments\ootp baseball 9, and not My Documents. My Documents is where all of the custom data like saved games go. Program files is where all of the, uh, program files go.

If you want a little more information about that, you could see this page.

So, please try to put the new exe in c:\program files\out of the park developments\ootp baseball 9 and see how that works!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #58
hobbes1020
Bat Boy

Steam Update?

What if you purchased the game via Steam? The Steam version is still at 9.0.26. I can't imagine that I can just install the manual update. I would think that it likely has to be updated by Steam? Any idea when the Steam update will be available?
hobbes1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #59
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can't install any of the partial Downloads because it stops what should I do?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #60
Mattymo
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Mattymo, did you install the game originally to the "Default" directory?

If so, I think you're looking (and putting the file) in the wrong place.

You want to be looking in c:\program files\out of the park developments\ootp baseball 9, and not My Documents. My Documents is where all of the custom data like saved games go. Program files is where all of the, uh, program files go.

If you want a little more information about that, you could see this page.

So, please try to put the new exe in c:\program files\out of the park developments\ootp baseball 9 and see how that works!
So I misunderstood...no need to be patronizing to a customer who has been with OOTP for 9 years.

However, I did it the way you told me to and I still had no luck...it's still version 2.0.26.