Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
HondoLane
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Platinum Series 3 mission set is a screw job

I was not hit hard by this (because I had so many extra PS3 diamonds I was planning on selling) but...

...this latest mission set is a pure screw job.

First, you needed two diamonds or a diamond and perfect to complete any mission, doubling the hardest part of the set - was one diamond (sometimes a high diamond) to complete the PS2 and PS1 sets. The rewards increased as well, of course, right? Nope. Just 2 historical packs (which was already a weak reward compared to CC, ie). Why would you increase the mission difficulty for a running series with no reward increase?

This just feels greedy.

Second, the missions were poorly designed so that the 'modern' mission has few cards and will be insanely expensive for most people - only 3 diamonds and you need 2 of the 3? And Perfects are USELESS for this mission and act literally the same as a diamond no matter how you put it in. Absolutely dumb. 'HR' set has 7 diamonds, You couldn't have moved one of those over to 'modern'?

People have been whining about missions all year - I haven't been one of them, actually. But this right here is just disrespectful to the player.
HondoLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 02:17 PM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Well...

ok then...
Attached Images
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:48 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Missions, smissions. I sold some cards to the collectors and scooped up Ted Williams for the low, low price of 690K. McCovey gets bumped as Pujols shifts to 1B. Fun times. Until I watch Ted's price fall, fall and fall some more. It's hard to believe I started this team just 13 weeks ago.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:22 AM   #4
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

For the sake of my packs teams, I'd quite like a filter specifically to hide the Platinum Series missions from view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
It's hard to believe I started this team just 13 weeks ago.
That's the same period it's been since my main team pulled an HP from a regular pack, so it seems like a loong time to me!
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:34 PM   #5
HondoLane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Missions, smissions. I sold some cards to the collectors and scooped up Ted Williams for the low, low price of 690K. McCovey gets bumped as Pujols shifts to 1B. Fun times. Until I watch Ted's price fall, fall and fall some more. It's hard to believe I started this team just 13 weeks ago.
Yeah, it's whatever - I completed the missions, myself. Just disappointed at this point in the season and series, they just take a cheap shot at all the players like that.
HondoLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #6
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoLane View Post
Yeah, it's whatever - I completed the missions, myself. Just disappointed at this point in the season and series, they just take a cheap shot at all the players like that.
I have to agree with you. Especially about the Modern Mission. The chance of drawing those cards to complete the modern set are astronomical. Add to that there are so few of them available and the worthless Diamonds and Perfects prices are completely insane to complete the mission. I have personally bought and collected baseball cards from packs since 1950. Obviously I bought many more commons than Mickey Mantle in those packs. But I always knew I would get that card I needed if I kept spending my nickles. The difference here is that I have a better chance to win the lottery than to draw those cards in time.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #7
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

Reminder that this is a game, made up of fake baseball players. It's not that serious. Really it isn't.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:30 AM   #8
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
Reminder that this is a game, made up of fake baseball players. It's not that serious. Really it isn't.
You're right. But we still are smarter than the mule with the carrot just out of his reach. At some point down the line, customers will stop pulling the plow.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:54 AM   #9
HondoLane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
Edited for content. Warning issued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoLane View Post
Additional Edit: TC Dale is the best moderator on this forum.
kq76 EDIT: Fixed that for you.

Last edited by kq76; 11-09-2022 at 01:47 PM. Reason: warning issued. Not following rules for forums.
HondoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11-09-2022, 12:40 PM   #10
HondoLane
Banned

kq76 EDIT: HondoLane will be taking a break from OOTP.

Last edited by kq76; 11-09-2022 at 01:43 PM.
HondoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11-14-2022, 06:22 AM   #11
Clavette
Major Leagues

Wait until PS4
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:53 AM   #12
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
Wait until PS4