Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22- New to the Game?

OOTP 22- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-05-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
brigmcneil
Minors (Double A)

Start a Historic League on Opening Day?

Hey folks, I am trying to set up a new historic league for 1974 and want it to start on Opening Day, NOT Spring Training or early February. How do I do that?

Thanks

Brian
brigmcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:45 PM   #2
christopherpmoreno
Minors (Single A)

Pitch Limit

If its greyed out and you're a Gm, it is my understanding that the manager does not allow you interfering with the specific pitchers pitch count. I could be wrong though.
christopherpmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:42 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigmcneil View Post
Hey folks, I am trying to set up a new historic league for 1974 and want it to start on Opening Day, NOT Spring Training or early February. How do I do that?

Thanks

Brian
I don't think you can. However, I'd try this as a test:

1) Create your game
2) Turn off development
3) Disable spring training
4) Turn injuries off
5) Make sure trading is disabled (probably should do the same for Option Years and Rule 5 Draft; not sure, but can't hurt to disable them)
6) Change Secondary Rosters Size to 25 players and Run Computer Manager on All Teams
7) Set All Teams to Not Allow Roster Changes

Then advance the game until opening day. With the above settings, pretty much nothing would happen (other than news articles). But check things out to see what may have occurred that you don't want to happen. And then maybe there's a way to get around those things, too...

If you have historical transactions enabled, then those would still occur, which is probably ok because you probably want opening day rosters to be somewhat accurate. At any rate, before you'd play games on opening day and beyond, you'd need to revisit some of the settings mentioned above. #7, for sure, and then others optionally, depending upon how you want your game to play out.

At this point I would save the game as a Quickstart. That way, you could use your saved quickstart to accomplish what you want. IOW, you'd start a new game from your 1974 Quickstart, and it'd be all set to go beginning on opening day.

See if that works
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:12 PM   #4
brigmcneil
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, I was hoping that it would be automatic but your suggestions appear sound. Once I get to Opening Day, I'll just revert to normal.

Brian
brigmcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #5
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigmcneil View Post
Thanks, I was hoping that it would be automatic but your suggestions appear sound. Once I get to Opening Day, I'll just revert to normal.

Brian
Cool! Make sure of this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
At this point I would save the game as a Quickstart. That way, you could use your saved quickstart to accomplish what you want. IOW, you'd start a new game from your 1974 Quickstart, and it'd be all set to go beginning on opening day.
... in case you realize you need to go back and tweak something, and/or just wanna have fun and do the same replay again.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote