Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22- New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 22- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-27-2022, 11:46 AM   #1
Cubfan2001
Major Leagues

Historical league question

Hello everyone,

I apologize for creating a duplicate thread on the same question but I realized this should be asked here rather than general discussions. I looked to see if I could delete that post but couldn’t find where to do so.

I started a historical league in 1996, I set for a fantasy draft and then set it up where players come in random years rather than the year they normally would have. In 2011 the draft was completely empty. So I started looking around in settings and found “ disable automatic creation of free agents and fictional draft class” I noticed the default was check marked. When I unchecked it fake players started coming and they were good prospects, but now I’m in 2013 and the draft is empty again.

So my question is when you do a historical league set up for a certain year does the game just stop creating players at some point? I always assumed when I would get to real time then it would become a fictional league like we normally could do. Is there maybe something I can do to make the draft la populate again?
Cubfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:09 AM   #2
Jesus Tralfaz
Bat Boy

I have tried to play the 1972 historical season as the Cincinnati Reds, and I am getting frustrated by my inability to throw out any runner. Are you telling me Johnny Bench's rating of 97 does not mean anything? Also, are you telling me that Joe Morgan is getting thrown by catchers with a 38 rating?

I am starting to think this game is joke.
Jesus Tralfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:00 AM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Tralfaz View Post
I have tried to play the 1972 historical season as the Cincinnati Reds, and I am getting frustrated by my inability to throw out any runner. Are you telling me Johnny Bench's rating of 97 does not mean anything? Also, are you telling me that Joe Morgan is getting thrown by catchers with a 38 rating?

I am starting to think this game is joke.
How many games are you into your 1972 season?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:05 AM   #4
Jesus Tralfaz
Bat Boy

I'm lucky to get 2-3 weeks into the season before I delete the season due to frustration. Recently I played the 1976 Reds and quit when the AI was getting the breaks in a Reds-Phillies series. Thinking about looking into Strat-o-matic baseball.

I'm sorry I should have said the AI cheats, not getting the breaks

Last edited by Jesus Tralfaz; 02-27-2022 at 06:08 AM.
Jesus Tralfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:14 AM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter

Game doesn’t cheat.
Just as or maybe more important is the pitcher hold rating.
There use to be a saying that great base stealers would steal against the pitcher more so than against the catcher. It’s probably a combination of the two.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:33 PM   #6
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Possibly the ‘76 Phillies were simply a better team than the Big Red Machine? Certainly the Phils were on their way to dominance, and the Reds were fading.
Pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:39 PM   #7
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Possibly the ‘76 Phillies were simply a better team than the Big Red Machine? Certainly the Phils were on their way to dominance, and the Reds were fading.
The Reds & Phillies were actually both outstanding teams in 1976 and pretty even in both actual wins and expected wins. (Philly took the season series, 7 games to 5.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Tralfaz View Post
I'm lucky to get 2-3 weeks into the season before I delete the season due to frustration. Recently I played the 1976 Reds and quit when the AI was getting the breaks in a Reds-Phillies series. Thinking about looking into Strat-o-matic baseball.
I'm sorry I should have said the AI cheats, not getting the breaks
In a short series, it would not be surprising to see any team - even a very weak one - get "the breaks" and win a series. In your particular example, it would not be at all unexpected to see the Phillies outplay the Reds and win a series, perhaps even sweep it. Just as it would not be surprising to see it go the other way around. In fact, those World-Champions-to-be '76 Reds lost three separate series' to the lowly SF Giants, and lost series' to bad Cards & Padres teams. They also lost two series to the so-so Mets, dropped a 4-game set (3-1) to the Dodgers, and lost 4-out-of-5 to Philly in mid-June. Season-long dominance is not absolute. Even the best teams lose - on average - one out of three games and sometimes those come in streaks, right along with "the breaks."

Fast-sim a whole season a few times, and then you'll likely see that the results are closer to your expectations.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote