Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #101
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I mean, you need a half yard. You have a 6'6" 250 lb QB. And you do a trick play???? Not just that, but a poorly executed trick play. It was telegraphed from the get go. What ever happened to "you get you biggest guys, I'll get my biggest guys, and we'll see who can get push @ the LOS"? Why have a FB on the roster if you aren't going to use him @ that moment?

4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #102
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
That sounds like wishful thinking. Baltimore is a super bowl caliber team, Arizona is working with a rookie quarterback.
I'm gonna have to disagree with the notion that Baltimore is a Super Bowl contender. Lamar Jackson was spectacular on Sunday, but a team comprised of all of us in here could probably beat the Dolphins. The team employed such a poor scheme defensively that one of their lone talented players remaining, Minkah Fitzpatrick, asked for a trade after being left exposed to Marquise Brown's speed.

Baltimore's got a good O-Line, but they're lacking in depth up front. Their receivers are still a question mark until they prove they can do it consistently. The pass rush is worse than it's been in years, and the team is already dealing with injuries to Tavon Young and Jimmy Smith on the back end while expecting 16 games from Earl Thomas is a tall ask at this point. I still think that through week 1 Baltimore looks like the favorite to win the division, although Cleveland will have a free win this week after the Patriots gave Demariyus Thomas mono and traded him to the Jets so he could take out their starting quarterback.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #103
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
Lamar Jackson was spectacular on Sunday, but a team comprised of all of us in here could probably beat the Dolphins.
I think it might end badly, but I’m willing to give that a go
Old 09-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #104
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
a team comprised of all of us in here could probably beat the Dolphins.
I would favor us by 5.5 points.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #105
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

That's the reason the Dolphins didn't sign any of us. We are too good and might mess up their tanking plans.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #106
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That sounds like wishful thinking. Baltimore is a super bowl caliber team, Arizona is working with a rookie quarterback.
This is a bit much. The Ravens played an absolutely putrid team in tank mode. They are not a Super Bowl caliber team after week 1. No one is except for the Patriots. The Ravens have no QB. I don't care what Jackson's rating was after one game against a non team. I'll take Arizona's QB over theirs any day of the week, and I didn't think Murray is an NFL quarterback. There is no wishful thinking about it. If the Ravens go anywhere this year it is due to their defense. Which remains to be seen.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #107
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm gonna have to disagree with the notion that Baltimore is a Super Bowl contender.
They're not. They are a playoff contender because Nick Foles got injured. Other than that they are one and done.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #108
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
They're not. They are a playoff contender because Nick Foles got injured. Other than that they are one and done.
I think the AFC has a lot of parity, I could see the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, or Chiefs making the Super Bowl, and maybe even the Titans, Browns or Chargers.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #109
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the AFC has a lot of parity, I could see the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, or Chiefs making the Super Bowl, and maybe even the Titans, Browns or Chargers.
I'm not sure there is much parity on either side, NFC or AFC.

It's only been week 1 so not a good sample size. But in the AFC I see a Chiefs/Patriots Championship game. I see the Chargers as another quality team, but no one else IMO. The Browns, Ravens, and Titans may emerge but we'll have to see. We need 4-5 more weeks to see if anyone can compete with the big two. The Steelers? Not making the playoffs.

The NFC has the Rams/Saints as the big two. Eagles/Cowboys/Bears/Packers/Vikings to challenge. We'll see who's for real within the next few weeks. But any team I didn't mention, not going to the Super Bowl. It's easier now than before the salary cap.

Last edited by Ragnar; 09-14-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #110
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

If the Ravens are a super bowl caliber team, then my Texans are a super bowl caliber team.

Lots of talent, lots of glaring holes.
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #111
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Titans With Mariota? Lol.

Browns Why? Cause they have OBJ?
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:30 PM   #112
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Titans With Mariota? Lol.

Browns Why? Cause they have OBJ?

Yeah, I don't get the Browns hype. They were under .500 last year and all they did was add OBJ. Seriously, his he worth several wins? Some of the media crowned them offseason champs. I bet they finish 8-8 at best. They're not beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #113
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Yeah, I don't get the Browns hype. They were under .500 last year and all they did was add OBJ. Seriously, his he worth several wins? Some of the media crowned them offseason champs. I bet they finish 8-8 at best. They're not beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
They added more than OBJ. I'm pretty sure Kareem Hunt is on the Browns too? I think he's suspended now. But they also added some pretty good defenders. It was only week 1. Give it some time. Most teams need a few weeks to catch up.

One WR can mean a lot. The Cowboys were 3-4 last year then added Cooper. Then they went 7-2.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #114
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They added more than OBJ. I'm pretty sure Kareem Hunt is on the Browns too? I think he's suspended now. But they also added some pretty good defenders. It was only week 1. Give it some time. Most teams need a few weeks to catch up.

One WR can mean a lot. The Cowboys were 3-4 last year then added Cooper. Then they went 7-2.
Plus all their draft picks are a year older.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #115
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I honestly don't know why refs can't get it in their heads to let the play run before blowing their whistles. It seems like the simplest thing to do.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #116
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I honestly don't know why refs can't get it in their heads to let the play run before blowing their whistles. It seems like the simplest thing to do.
That would make sense. They can always call it an incomplete pass upon review.

How about the illegal crack back block they called on the Saints? How is that illegal when he was behind the LOS going forward, not working his way back to the LOS. Am I missing something here?
Old 09-15-2019, 11:54 PM   #117
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That would make sense. They can always call it an incomplete pass upon review.

How about the illegal crack back block they called on the Saints? How is that illegal when he was behind the LOS going forward, not working his way back to the LOS. Am I missing something here?
I'm not sure about that one. SInce I'm old school, I look at those plays as "just football". So some of these new ones created for safety's concern catch me off guard. Like last Monday night when Hopkins was flagged . I always called that a tackle.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 AM   #118
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Clemson versus Miami dolphins who wins?
Old 09-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #119
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clemson versus Miami dolphins who wins?
Dolphins. But it's a lot closer than it should be... I've heard on sports radio a few times that the Dolphins will struggle to win 3 games. Speaking as a life-long Miami fan, I'm thinking that is an overly-optimistic scenario. I actually think they are a near-cinch to go 0-16, and will be hard-pressed to lose more than three games by less than double-figures...

Cowboys and Chargers will destroy them...
vs Redskins, could be close... -ish... too soon to say where the 'Skins are...
They'll lose by 15-20 to a mediocre Bills team in Buffalo...
Steelers will trounce them...
They might give the Jets a decent game since it's at home...
Colts will destroy them...
Rematch at home vs Buffalo might be close...
Browns should handle them easily...
Eagles will kill 'em...
Jets and Giants should beat them by 20+ in back to back games in NY...
At home against the Bengals could be close; hard to say what a week 16 game against Cincy will look like at this point...
In the finale in Foxboro, the Pats' 2nd-teamers should put the whoop-azz on by 25 points or so...

It's gonna be ugly. As Rick Pitino might say, "Dan Marino, Mark Duper, and AJ Duhe are not walking through that door..."
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #120
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Because of their strong finish last year, the fact Baker broke the rookie passing touchdown record despite playing 13 and a half games, the addition of OBJ to a receiving corps that already looked pretty good, and the addition of Sheldon Richardson to a defensive front that not only looked strong already but moved on from Gregg Williams and the two pass rush moves he would let Myles Garrett use.

I haven't gotten game pass yet so I haven't seen that Titans game but what I've heard from game reviews is that the team didn't take their tackle problem seriously enough in the offseason and it showed as Cameron Wake dominated. Also the defense at times was running this strange scheme that allowed situations like Derrick Henry's long screen pass touchdown. It looks like Freddie Kitchens might be out of his depth running the team, but it was only one game
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote