Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #281
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Okay, I'll try to remember that. Thanks. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #282
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Just setting the scene here, or at least trying to, anyway. Thanks for your input, though. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #283
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Updated Ottoskarje Lynx set downloaded, as well as updated Stags jerseys and logos. Caps for Lynx might be sufficient enough for my purposes at the present time. Thank you for your help. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #284
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I believe that once Lima's done with, that leaves the Stingers, the Challengers, the Satellites, and the Hearts to do.

When it comes time for the Odlasvoi City Stingers to be done, I definitely do NOT want the Stingers to look too similar to the hockey team, or any other known team called the Stingers in any professional league, at least. Maybe something that's honeybee or wasp or insect-related, or something that features a dragonfly/hummingbird-like animal with a stinger like a scorpion might perhaps have? If the latter, there should probably be twin stingers extending out of the top of the animal's head, semi-coiled, but still prepared to strike quickly at any time, I think, if possible.

Just a few thoughts here, that's all, of course. Thanks for your help. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-21-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: correcting city name in post
Old 02-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #285
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
I believe that once Lima's done with, that leaves the Stingers, the Challengers, the Satellites, and the Hearts to do.

When it comes time for the Odlasvoi Stingers to be done, I definitely do NOT want the Stingers to look too similar to the hockey team, or any other known team called the Stingers in any professional league, at least. Maybe something that's honeybee or wasp or insect-related, or something that features a dragonfly/hummingbird-like animal with a stinger like a scorpion might perhaps have? If the latter, there should probably be twin stingers extending out of the top of the animal's head, semi-coiled, but still prepared to strike quickly at any time, I think, if possible.

Just a few thoughts here, that's all, of course. Thanks for your help. CD out.
I will see if I can find a scorpion to put on your logos... no wasps will be used, although they have far more bees and wasps as compared to scorpions.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #286
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

As for the Hearts, I want them to feature navy blue, but it needs to be a bit darker than the shade that the Athletics have, in reference to the known colors of the high school that is in the place this team gets its location name from, but also Cardinal Red, with another color or two as accent colors, maybe silver or some pastel-like color, I think. They should contrast at least a little bit with the colors you might choose for the Challengers, whatever those are.

I'm thinking Royal blue, grass green and a yet-undetermined third color for the Challengers, if that's all right with you. Maybe something similar to the historical Athletics cursive script, when the team name is written out, like the Athletics have periodically done between Philadelphia and Oakland, but not quite, with maybe a touch of Detroit Tigers' influence, I think. What do you think? Logo design up to anyone who chooses to try to make logos for this team, of course. Thanks for your help. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-20-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #287
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I do want some hints, at least, of insect-type features, though, if they aren't entirely insect-like, just so you know, seeing as their parent club is the Hornets, after all. Thank you for your time, help, and attention, and all, of course. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:34 PM   #288
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Satellites have already been discussed. Use your best judgement as you can, if you decide to try to do them. Otherwise, let's see what the others can come up with, please. IF you do, please remind them that we're still much too early for most, if not all, Space Age-type things, even for this fictional nation here, okay? Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #289
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Please advise Hockey13Playa that the team nickname MUST be spelled with two l's, not one, because I'm not talking about Buddhist monks here, like the Dalai Lama, for example. Thank you. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #290
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Never mind, he's correcting it, or will have, by the time you might read this, I think. Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #291
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

The set looks really good, after he corrected the misspelled nicknames without being asked, thank God! But let's see what others can do as well. I'll probably use multiple sets with the Llamas anyway. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #292
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

It's easier often for me to read text if things are larger, and OOTP 18 does accept main logos at 300x300, at least, in terms of sizes, it seems. I don't see very well without my glasses, often, so bigger logos, such as ones that size, are often better for me to use, I think. Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #293
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I'll take hockey's Lima set, and whatever Boof ultimately comes up with for the Llamas, but still hoping God will lead Boof to increase the size of his proposed main logo for them. Will definitely take the L he did, though.

I think I will eventually create the SHC once we're far enough into the dynasty, seeing the work God is leading others to do here, after all. This will likely slot in either at roughly a Triple A or a Double A quality level, I think. But not sure yet.

This proposed league would most likely have teams in places spread throughout Slaabovia's territories named Turtleoklania and Wellnitzalgo, with half the teams in each territory, as possible and all. Likely cities and/or towns where they might play might include Turtlewood, Tebyro, Nimitz, and Chiyocombe, to name a few. But haven't decided that yet. Let me think about it for a while, please. If I DO ultimately choose to create the SHC, all teams need to match the relevant current time period as best as possible, for sure.

Feel free to throw out any of the other applicable teams, even if they've been done already, for possible improvements or supplementations, if you like. In any case, thank you very much for all your help so far with this project, and please pass along my sincere thanks to anyone trying to help us both with it, of course. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #294
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I would like a blue like you will see at the link provided somewhere in the mix for the Hearts. Cardinal red will reference my favorite MLB team being the Cardinals. The third color to be used is up to the designer or designers in question, of course. I don't care how the blue is incorporated, just so long as it is, in truth, even if it's only a little bit. https://www.stpeterschools.org/ Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #295
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
I'll take hockey's Lima set, and whatever Boof ultimately comes up with for the Llamas, but still hoping God will lead Boof to increase the size of his proposed main logo for them. Will definitely take the L he did, though.

I think I will eventually create the SHC once we're far enough into the dynasty, seeing the work God is leading others to do here, after all. This will likely slot in either at roughly a Triple A or a Double A quality level, I think. But not sure yet.

This proposed league would most likely have teams in places spread throughout Slaabovia's territories named Turtleoklania and Wellnitzalgo, with half the teams in each territory, as possible and all. Likely cities and/or towns where they might play might include Turtlewood, Tebyro, Nimitz, and Chiyocombe, to name a few. But haven't decided that yet. Let me think about it for a while, please. If I DO ultimately choose to create the SHC, all teams need to match the relevant current time period as best as possible, for sure.

Feel free to throw out any of the other applicable teams, even if they've been done already, for possible improvements or supplementations, if you like. In any case, thank you very much for all your help so far with this project, and please pass along my sincere thanks to anyone trying to help us both with it, of course. CD out.
CD, you need to use the teams you listed initially... you will soon have 24 teams with logos, jerseys and caps... you don't want to cast them away and get news ones.

If you do this, all of us who have worked on these 24 teams have wasted our time.

Are you happy with the 24 teams? If so, be thankful and use them... install them in your game and begin play.

If not, let me know... I don't want to waste my time and the other people's time on graphics you are not going to use.

You need to make up your mind ONCE AND FOR ALL and decide what you want as far as teams and team nicknames.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:56 PM   #296
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I am DEFINITELY not going to cast away these first 24 teams, even if things malfunction or whatever at times for me later on, if I don't ever have to. If I did so, I'd be throwing away decades of periodical work on things of this nature, for sure. That would be even more of a waste, don't you think? However, I'd never even expected to consider the possibility, most likely, of having at least one minor league exist under the SRL, I think, until I started getting into OOTP.

As often happens for people with any number of things in their lives, one thing, whether good or bad, can lead to any number of other things, of course. And such is the case here. I never expected to feel the need to ask for so many things until I saw all the wonderful work here. I hope you can understand that well enough here, of course.

Thank you so much for all your help and all here, for sure, Eugene. It is very much appreciated, I promise you. Talk more with you soon, Lord willing! May God bless you and everyone here richly, as He wills and all, I hope. Shalom, my friend. That means peace in Hebrew, by the way. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:05 PM   #297
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have the top 12 teams already at Opening Day of the first season. But don't yet have league or subleague logos for that top league or the parks built yet. Not sure which existing parks would work best for each team just yet, though, unfortunately.

I do have several screenshots I plan to paste into the relevant posts for the related dynasty thread. But I will need to figure out which ones to share and all, plus make several sets of Opening Day cards for those teams, so as to help show others what's going on for each team and all better, I'm sure. Please stay tuned for further developments here. Thanks for everything you've done so far here. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #298
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

The applicable setup doesn't yet have enough players present in the game world to justify creating the CKU. But once it does, I'll certainly create it. At the moment, the SRL is the only league in the game, for I wanted to take things slower. This is so that its world could organically grow and change in a more logical and more controlled manner, you see.

How many players do you think would have to be active in a game world to justify even creating one level of minors under a particular league? Just wondering, that's all. Please advise. Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #299
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I am very pleased, to say the least, with most, if not all, of the work done so far. I don't currently have any substantial enough complaints with it, I think, to warrant not using any of said work at any time, if possible. I have adjusted the teams I've downloaded set items for that currently exist for the applicable game world accordingly, in fact. And when the CKU gets up and running as well, I WILL be using the appropriate sets for it as well, where and when needed, of course.

Thank you for your time and all, Eugene. CD out.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #300
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

All Lima logos downloaded. Not sure which set of Lima-related stuff will be the primary set used, but Hockey's set looks more likely at the moment to be used as such. Waiting for him to finish possible work on the uniforms or caps before I get the rest of the set he's doing now for them. Will keep you posted, I'm sure. Great work on his part, in any case, most definitely. I very much like it, in fact. CD out.