Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
dpwicz
Bat Boy

Run-time error

Every time I save the game I end up getting a run-time error It also happens at random times during play.
dpwicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwicz View Post
Every time I save the game I end up getting a run-time error It also happens at random times during play.
Runtime errors usually have 3 causes. Hardware, conflicting software or a virus. If its hardware its usually related to bad RAM. Bad RAM, there are utilities that check your RAM modules for errors, if you are using Windows 7 you can use the built in memory checker, here are the instructions. Software, are you running any other programs in the background while OOTP is running? Virus, do a scan with your anti-virus software. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling OOTP? Have you contacted OOTP technical support?

Last edited by D-BacksJosh; 08-16-2013 at 12:03 PM.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I've contacted OOTP support for this problem back in OOTP 13, the guy said the file would be sent to Andreas, have not gotten a reply back in ages.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
dpwicz
Bat Boy

No virus or RAM issues game was working fine from when it came out till a couple of days ago I am in 2056 and it was fine until 2055
dpwicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
No virus or RAM issues game was working fine from when it came out till a couple of days ago I am in 2056 and it was fine until 2055
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling OOTP?
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
MrPitch.Slider
Bat Boy

It's been doing that to me. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it 15 times since Sunday and nothing. It still pops up for me.
MrPitch.Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have a few questions:
  1. Have you installed any new software?
  2. Has Windows installed any new updates?
  3. Have you tested for any software driver issues?
  4. Are you sure that no other software is conflicting with OOTP?
To test for any conflicting software, open Windows Task Manager (usually CTRL+ALT+DEL) and click on the Processes tab. Next, click on the Image Name to sort the running processes alphabetically. Next, one-by-one, right click on any process that has your User Name and click End Process. Keep ending these processes until either you no longer receive that error or you run out of User processes to end.

To test your system for driver issues, there are a couple of free demo programs that you could try. It should be noted here that in order to use these utilities to update any outdated drivers, you'll have to pay $30.

The two programs I recommend:
  1. Driver Reviver by ReviverSoft
  2. DriverScanner 2012 by Uniblue
Additionally, at you discretion, you could add another utility to additional stability to your system. Auslogics BootSpeed 6 will monitor your system and clean up, speed up and fix your computer to make it run as fast and stable as new. BootSpeed 6 however will not fix any software driver issues. If you or anyone wishes to check into this utility, feel free to go here:
Why is My Computer Slow to Load and Shut Down-Fix Slow Computer

Cheers,
Bowtie

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
MrPitch.Slider
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
I have a few questions:
  1. Have you installed any new software?
  2. Has Windows installed any new updates?
  3. Have you tested for any software driver issues?
  4. Are you sure that no other software is conflicting with OOTP?
To test for any conflicting software, open Windows Task Manager (usually CTRL+ALT+DEL) and click on the Processes tab. Next, click on the Image Name to sort the running processes alphabetically. Next, one-by-one, right click on any process that has your User Name and click End Process. Keep ending these processes until either you no longer receive that error or you run out of User processes to end.

To test your system for driver issues, there are a couple of free demo programs that you could try. It should be noted here that in order to use these utilities to update any outdated drivers, you'll have to pay $30.

The two programs I recommend:
  1. Driver Reviver by ReviverSoft
  2. DriverScanner 2012 by Uniblue
Additionally, at you discretion, you could add another utility to additional stability to your system. Auslogics BootSpeed 6 will monitor your system and clean up, speed up and fix your computer to make it run as fast and stable as new. BootSpeed 6 however will not fix any software driver issues. If you or anyone wishes to check into this utility, feel free to go here:
Why is My Computer Slow to Load and Shut Down-Fix Slow Computer

Cheers,
Bowtie
I tried all of these. It didn't work for me. I guess I need a new computer. This one's memory isn't that great. Hopefully I'll get one next weekend.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

This happened on one of my OOTP 13 leagues (mentioned above I think) and it surely isn't my computer's hardware. I wish someone would reply back to me on my ticket. It's been a while. I'd like some closure
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
MrPitch.Slider
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
This happened on one of my OOTP 13 leagues (mentioned above I think) and it surely isn't my computer's hardware. I wish someone would reply back to me on my ticket. It's been a while. I'd like some closure
Me too! I want to know what's wrong.