Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:47 AM   #1
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

any word on latest patch?

I think its awesome that the fighter database is updated daily, but is there any word on when another patch will come out to fix the existing issues with version 2.5?
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Cap
Hall Of Famer

The good news is there is a word.

The bad news is the word is "Phlerm"......

Cap
Old 12-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Darkstar One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hahahahahaha!

Bwahahahahahaha!

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Oh, wait...you were serious? Oh, ok.

Wasn't laughing at you...just at the fact that the probability of us seeing another patch is probably the probability of me winning Lotto Wednesday night on one ticket.

Although I probably have better chances of hitting Lotto.
Darkstar One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

And with that lottery win you can finance further TB development.
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
And with that lottery win you can finance further TB development.
+1
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
Darkstar One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
+1
The saddest part of all is that that's all there is for Andreas to say about this.

I understand the realities of the situation...but I still feel, to a large extent, that we've paid to be extended beta-testers.
Darkstar One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
Cap
Hall Of Famer

So, is our TBCB money going towards improving the baseball sim?

Will it require a million dollar lottery win to pay for improvements to Title Bout?

Cap
Old 12-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post

Will it require a million dollar lottery win to pay for improvements to Title Bout?

Cap
My guess is that their OOTP baseball sim money is going towards improving our Title Bout.

I'm not sure what you guys try to achieve asking the same questions in multiple threads over and over again.

Last edited by Tommysixfingers; 12-28-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixfingers View Post
I'm not sure what you guys try to achieve asking the same questions in multiple threads over and over again.
They want to hear the same answers again and again, but it could happen sometimes that they get a warning for spamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixfingers View Post
My guess is that their OOTP baseball sim money is going towards improving our Title Bout.
Yes, very true.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar One View Post
The saddest part of all is that that's all there is for Andreas to say about this.

I understand the realities of the situation...but I still feel, to a large extent, that we've paid to be extended beta-testers.
That's not fair IMO. TB 2.5 is much better than TB 2.0. And we had a long and successful beta testing period before the release.

I will not repeat again and again the reasons for the situation of TB 2.5.

Mugsy & Darkstar, could you please give me details about the bugs in TB 2.5 which you're talking about?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
No. But without the BB sim, TB would not exist now. So what do you say now, Cap?

Quote:

Cap
It would help, of course
But 500 more sales would do it, too.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
meade95
Hall Of Famer

All of us should make sure to spread the word in other gamming forums about TBCB 2.5 -
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #13
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Mugsy & Darkstar, could you please give me details about the bugs in TB 2.5 which you're talking about?[/quote]

The two issues I have are it seems that fights are stopped way more due to cuts than in the previous versions. I know it happens sometimes in real life, but not to the extent it happens in 2.5. My second main issue is the strategies. I had a fight where Evander Holyfield fought outside defensively 9 straight rounds. That would never happen nor should it happen since he does not have that many fight outsides in his strategies. My minor complaints are that retired referees are not included when you select random referee for the fight and also a random venue is always in one of the fighters home country. I never had any of these issues in version 1.9.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #14
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
Mugsy & Darkstar, could you please give me details about the bugs in TB 2.5 which you're talking about?

The two issues I have are it seems that fights are stopped way more due to cuts than in the previous versions. I know it happens sometimes in real life, but not to the extent it happens in 2.5. My second main issue is the strategies. I had a fight where Evander Holyfield fought outside defensively 9 straight rounds. That would never happen nor should it happen since he does not have that many fight outsides in his strategies. My minor complaints are that retired referees are not included when you select random referee for the fight and also a random venue is always in one of the fighters home country. I never had any of these issues in version 1.9.[/quote]

Do you think this is a bad thing though? I guess Ive never noticed it but it actually seems more to real life that the home venue would usually consist of one the fighters from their home country.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

also a random venue is always in one of the fighters home country. I never had any of these issues in version 1.9.[/quote]

Do you think this is a bad thing though? I guess Ive never noticed it but it actually seems more to real life that the home venue would usually consist of one the fighters from their home country.[/quote]

Not saying its a bad thing, and in the grand scheme its just a minor thing. But I always found it fun to have say Joe Louis fight Muhammed Ali in Germany or something
Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #16
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

The random venues changed from anywhere-in-the-world to anywhere-within-the-relevent-home-countries for version 2.0 at the request of board members. At least that one was not a change in version 2.5
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

actually!!

it happen since v2.0
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:22 AM   #18
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
The random venues changed from anywhere-in-the-world to anywhere-within-the-relevent-home-countries for version 2.0 at the request of board members. At least that one was not a change in version 2.5
The venue thing was just a minor nuance that I enjoyed. As I stated previously I am more concerned with the fights being stopped on cuts too frequently in my opinion and the strategies. If these are never to be fixed with a patch then so be it. But I'd like to know if there are plans to address these issues.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #19
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
No. But without the BB sim, TB would not exist now. So what do you say now, Cap?

It would help, of course
But 500 more sales would do it, too.
Only 500 more sales?? Perhaps some advertising in boxing magazines like The Ring, Boxing Monthly or Boxing News would help??
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
The venue thing was just a minor nuance that I enjoyed. As I stated previously I am more concerned with the fights being stopped on cuts too frequently in my opinion and the strategies. If these are never to be fixed with a patch then so be it. But I'd like to know if there are plans to address these issues.
Would adjusting the cornermans ability to reduce cuts help with this?
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote