Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:31 PM   #1
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Really hoping there is something by Sept 2020

even if its just a demo
Old 01-07-2020, 03:57 AM   #2
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

"Jim is still working on it"

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 01-24-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Oh.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:10 PM   #4
DD Martin
All Star Reserve

Unfortunately I have lost hope on any football game coming. It seems like it has been a series of unfortunate (and very sad events) of the last what 5-6 years. Greydog Software had also talked about a new football game and nothing has come of that either.

I've been of fan of the Front Office series over the years. Just disappointed that it doesn't seem to be something that is going to get across the finish line.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Martin View Post
Unfortunately I have lost hope on any football game coming. It seems like it has been a series of unfortunate (and very sad events) of the last what 5-6 years. Greydog Software had also talked about a new football game and nothing has come of that either.

I've been of fan of the Front Office series over the years. Just disappointed that it doesn't seem to be something that is going to get across the finish line.
There is a lot in what you say. A bit confounding. I'm with you.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:51 PM   #6
IlliniCubs
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Martin View Post

Unfortunately I have too. This message board opened six years ago this week and based on Jim's recent message we're three developers in over six years and still nowhere close to the game coming out. I held out hope for a while but after the most recent update I'm throwing in the towel and buying one of the other games on the market. I think the best thing for this project is to shut down this discussion board and create a new one when they actually have a product to discuss, with a release date and a list of features.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:56 AM   #7
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I actually believe with the E-Mail newsletter OOTP sent just last week that there will be some kind of announcement coming soon. Markus has indicated that the company went through some changes and I expect they will shed some light on that too.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #8
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
I actually believe with the E-Mail newsletter OOTP sent just last week that there will be some kind of announcement coming soon. Markus has indicated that the company went through some changes and I expect they will shed some light on that too.
what'd he say?
Old 01-28-2020, 11:00 PM   #9
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
what'd he say?
2020 is going to be the biggest year ever!

Out of the Park Developments is primed to deliver the biggest and best products we’ve ever made this year. We’re deep in development on our next projects, and will be announcing official information about them in the coming weeks. We listen intently to our amazing community, and can’t wait to share our entire roadmap with the world soon!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:35 AM   #10
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
what'd he say?
nbryant already posted what the newsletter said. To add to it this is what Markus said in this forum:
Quote:
We will probably have resources available once both OOTP 21 and OOTP Go! are released, yes. But again, things are not easy to plan at the moment, as the last 2 years our company has developed in a different way than anticipated.
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...&postcount=253

And this is what Jim added:
Quote:
We just didn't anticipate the direction the company would take. They have to follow this opportunity. They've worked so hard for it, and now it's within sight, but all hands are needed. I've even tried to pitch in, but they tell me not to.
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...&postcount=264
Old 01-29-2020, 03:43 PM   #11
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
2020 is going to be the biggest year ever!

Out of the Park Developments is primed to deliver the biggest and best products we’ve ever made this year. We’re deep in development on our next projects, and will be announcing official information about them in the coming weeks. We listen intently to our amazing community, and can’t wait to share our entire roadmap with the world soon!
Yeah that definitely feels like a bit of a not so direct message to this community, that leveraged with the fact that they've suddenly become more interactive on this forum makes me believe they're gonna finally pile resources onto FOF after OOTP21.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:31 AM   #12
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

I took some time to update FOF8. Primarily added 2019 files, which is work I'd have to do for FOF9 anyway, since we want at least a few seasons with the initial release. After the Super Bowl (tomorrow), I'm back full-time on coding for FOF9.

At some point after the release, because it's a big ask and we'll need to show we're invested in this project first, I'll be looking for someone who can take charge of rating players and putting together past seasons. That's the way OOTP built such an impressive database. For now, that's all me, which takes time.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:01 AM   #13
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
I took some time to update FOF8. Primarily added 2019 files, which is work I'd have to do for FOF9 anyway, since we want at least a few seasons with the initial release. After the Super Bowl (tomorrow), I'm back full-time on coding for FOF9.

At some point after the release, because it's a big ask and we'll need to show we're invested in this project first, I'll be looking for someone who can take charge of rating players and putting together past seasons. That's the way OOTP built such an impressive database. For now, that's all me, which takes time.
Thank you for the update
Old 02-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #14
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Thank you for the update

Was that direct enough?
Old 02-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #15
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

When this project comes out, no matter how long it takes, the whining and crying about the delay will be replaces by absolute joy.....we've gotten by this long we'll be fine no matter what. All I ask the developers is to not be discouraged by the crying of spoiled entitled brats.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #16
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
When this project comes out, no matter how long it takes, the whining and crying about the delay will be replaces by absolute joy.....we've gotten by this long we'll be fine no matter what. All I ask the developers is to not be discouraged by the crying of spoiled entitled brats.
Very mature comment.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #17
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
Very mature comment.
It must've hit a nerve. All these "mature" posts in here I'll need to make a book using them on how to treat developers

Last edited by UltimateAverageGuy; 02-01-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #18
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
It must've hit a nerve. All these "mature" posts in here I'll need to make a book using them on how to treat developers
Continuing down the high road. Good for you. Now stop contributing to the toxicity you pretend to be avoiding.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:24 PM   #19
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
Continuing down the high road. Good for you. Now stop contributing to the toxicity you pretend to be avoiding.
These are the kind of posts people make when they think they have importance to complete strangers on the internet. Give yourself a hug, if I cared about your opinion I wouldn't have wrote anything to begin with. The truth is the truth, the way people speak to hard working developers is horrible. Dont like the way I present it, oh
Old 02-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #20
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Nm

Last edited by nbryant; 02-01-2020 at 06:03 PM.