Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #161
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb8300 View Post
Able to see free agent coach's player preferences and relationships without 6 clicks per coach.

God yes, just the ability to scroll up and down through coaches when looking at coach profiles would be a massive improvement, much less making relationship/development ratings sortable
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #162
Hkim
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Fire Fighter View Post
I would like to see historical transactions to show me which player is involved in the transaction and what type of transaction has happened, trade, free agency, retiring, and injury. Before OOTp XX thus worked fine.
Secondly how about the date of the game on the main game screen.

John

To add to this, I'd like to know what my scout rated each player at the time (at the very least overall/potential). See what I or the AI was thinking at the time so I can compare it to now.

Last edited by Hkim; 12-11-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Hkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #163
godmode
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Give us pants!..to edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQNRj6GuSc
godmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #164
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

I would love to see improvements to audio play-by-play. It's very choppy right now and not in sync with the play on the field. I could remove the play-by-play box on the screen and give myself more screen real estate if this was improved.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #165
Cod
All Star Reserve

The overall player development of the game needs to be overhauled. From scouting to actual development. I'm not sure how to best approach this yet, but I've been jotting down ideas as I go. Hopefully one of them can be fleshed out...
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:48 PM   #166
kevin95630
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Improved animations

I love this game! While accuracy of performance in simulations is paramount, I would love to see further improvement in the simulations.

With free smartphone apps that provide simulations that are so lifelike, even down to the simulated players being easily recognizable, this is one area where OOTP seems to be lagging a bit.

It would really add to the experience, and I'd be happy to pay a little more for a significant improvement there.

With a "low res" option for those whose systems can't handle it.
kevin95630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #167
akilleusjm
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
They are already called out on your roster page. I belive it is by # without looking at the game.
You're right but seriously good to have this option in the PLAYERS window.

Something that should take update is the Player delopment, because a system that is based on placing an amount and no difference is noticed that serves something or not, it is not very realistic should implement a system that handles costs and that you can see the evolution and the work of our players and prospects.

As well as a staff that is responsible for teaching throwing types, reduce or increase stamina, good speed execution and defends. He decides in contact and power. based on the characteristics of our players.
akilleusjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #168
katielied
Minors (Single A)

how about an easy way to import custom players?

i used to be able to import custom players/stats from a csv file then a few years ago it was blocked and historical ootb file which i couldn't tinker with.

so much customization in the game yet the the only one i want is an easy way to customize players...unless i missed it, no reason was given for the change.

since u asking...
katielied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #169
swoboda
All Star Starter

Ability to see who the opposing mgr is warming up in the bullpen.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:59 PM   #170
kevin95630
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog43 View Post
More attention to solo players please
Yes! As well as tools to facilitate networking, for live interaction between solo players.
kevin95630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #171
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Something I have mentioned in previous years that I would like to see is the number of POTG awards tracked in stats and each team pick a MVP at the end of the season based on the highest total of these (or could have other criteria if more desirable). Could also be chosen by player on player controlled teams

Tigers only

Featuring stars from the 60s, 70s, & 80s
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #172
LSUTigerJosh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would like to see a way that we can "train" stamina to pitchers so that someone like Dizzy Dean isn't stuck being a relief pitcher in the game because he started as one.
LSUTigerJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #173
illflow
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph3 View Post
1. Much more realistic Spring Training with Grapefruit and Cactus leagues,
Split squad games, real Spring Training schedules, real Spring Training ballparks, etc.

2. Historical ballparks included.

3. Perfect Team which upward adjusts defensive ratings for historical players before 1940.
- I I've asked about this awhile back with the split squads. Looks like it still hasn't gotten traction. Also would be nice to be allowed to have your split squads scrimmage against each other.

- Given the depth of the game, I'm surprised there still isn't an option to have a minor league camp as the pros do.

- Would be nice to have the option to allow ties in spring games as they do in real life.
illflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:58 PM   #174
CBeisbol
Banned

Be able to set the number of batters opening pitchers face.

I love to use piggyback starters with 2 pitchers facing 18 hitters each (usually 4-5 innings).

If I could start an opener for 18 batters, then use a follower I wouldn't have to play out all of those games.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:17 PM   #175
mjryan65
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
It really isn't possible to have a truly flexible and open-ended playoff format creation system within any in-game menu-drive system. Even one to recreate the myriad of current and past playoff formats isn't really doable. There are just too many variables.

However, it is possible to create a schedule file-like playoff customization system that, because it isn't constrained by a menu system, could create any past or current playoff format, or even formats that don't exist at all. If you can imagine it, you could probably recreate it.

I have been developing and refining such a playoff system for some time now. It's too late for OOTP 20, but it could be done for next year. Keep in mind the system I have in mind is an 'advanced user' level feature, but the compensation is a truly flexible, open-ended system.

At some point I'll finalize the details, write them up, and pass them along to Matt et. al.

The entire question of postponed and rescheduled games needs more work.

The first thing to note is that OOTP is actually quite unrealistic in that every league plays out its schedule in full every season. In real life, especially in the minors, clubs do not play out the full schedule because of postponements. Indeed, this is one of the unique aspects of baseball, yet OOTP does not recreate it.

OOTP should differentiate between the majors and minors when it comes to both postponement rates and the manner in which games are rescheduled. Also, it should allow clubs to sometimes not play out its full original schedule.
A schedule file for playoffs, like the pre-season schedule import file, would be very helpful. I get to the end of an NCAA season and have to manually input the tournament games for 14 conferences, then manually input all the college play-off games, as well.
mjryan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #176
Danovar
Bat Boy

First time poster but I have played since 17 decided join discussion!

Small things have not seen mentioned in no order of importance.

1. I am color blind (Every possible combination lol) and under "player trade" it shows teams strengths and weakness. I absolutely have never been able to use this. I of course know my teams strengths weakness but when making trade no idea on other team.

2. When I expand my league or when I relocate a team and I "shop" a player the teams are no longer listed in alphabetical order. It's small thing but would make finding certain teams easier to find mostly in large leagues.

Actually next is actually largest.

I play my leagues under a lot of "home rules" i just prefer. AKA change everyone to DH. Roster size to 26. Add another arm to bullpen for everyone. etc etc I am sure everyone makes their own changes.

It would be nice to be able to be able to make these changes, save it, and be able just to jump in a new game using these settings without going and manually changing them all upon every new game creation. It can take me 2/3 hours to get a league up and going.

That's about it! As new poster just want to say thanks for the game and work you put in it. Over years got 4000 hours in so far!

edit: bad grammar

Last edited by Danovar; 12-27-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Danovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #177
TreeRol
Bat Boy

The same thing I've wanted for the past 15 years: custom in-game calculations.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:57 PM   #178
falcon4e
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A few things off top of my head

1) More options for contracts/salary cap etc. The ability to have a franchise tag like they do in the NFL, or max contracts like the NBA.
2) The ability to easily set parameters for a schedule and have the AI set it up for you without having to go into an excel sheet and mess around with stuff. I would like to make a weekend only league but I don't want to spend hours working on an excel sheet
3) I just want feeder leagues to work better.
falcon4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #179
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I suppose it's a pretty good sign when so many of the requests seem to be for somewhat niche fictional settings (not to say those such requests are bad or useless or anything of the sort!)
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #180
falcon4e
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The ability to not have to have a city name. So just have the Braves be the Braves instead of being the Atlanta Braves.
falcon4e is offline   Reply With Quote