Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #161
MarinersWin116
Bat Boy

Now I just hope OOTP can come out with some sort of CFB game.
Recruiting and the bowl games and stuff is some of the most exciting stuff in sports, and if done right, could transfer to a managerial simulation really well.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #162
noseonarug17
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinersWin116 View Post
Now I just hope OOTP can come out with some sort of CFB game.
Hopefully when that happens it's part of the NFL game and not a separate thing. It would be so cool to start as OC or DC of, like, Wofford, and work your way up to being a Super Bowl winning head coach.

I'm not sure if they've commented on doing that eventually, or if playing as a coordinator even makes sense eith the gameplay, but it would be awesome.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #163
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
Cole,

Thank you for your response. Now that OOTP has control of this game, can they get permission from the NFL for team mascots and such just like they did for OOTP Baseball?
This is most likely impossible as EA (Electronic Arts) owns all of the licenses for any NFL naming/trade mark etc rights in video games. It is an exclusive contract and EA and the NFL always renew it.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #164
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
This is most likely impossible as EA (Electronic Arts) owns all of the licenses for any NFL naming/trade mark etc rights in video games. It is an exclusive contract and EA and the NFL always renew it.
This is why the mod community is of utmost importance.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #165
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Doesn’t OOTP have an agreement with EA in terms of OOTP baseball? I’m sure there’s some kind of leverage there
Old 12-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #166
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Doesn’t OOTP have an agreement with EA in terms of OOTP baseball? I’m sure there’s some kind of leverage there

The license is with MLB/MLBPA. EA has nothing to do with it. They don’t even hold a license anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #167
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

The lack of an NFL license would be one of the least of my concerns. Jim did the legal research years ago and came to the conclusion that he can use real player names and the team cities. FOF has done so for probably over a decade. (I'm thinking FOF2K7 was the first version released with the names of real players.)

He also made it extremely easy to mod FOF to make the name changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kxjhbbc50...41.41.png?dl=0

Out of the box, there is a team called the Atlanta Peregrines (I think that's the nickname, but you get the idea.) Their colors are red and black, Matt Ryan is the QB, Julio Jones is the top WR, etc., and other teams are named things like the New England Minutemen, Dallas Lone Stars, etc., with the appropriate players on them. You just type in the correct names in the screen picture above ONE time--when you first get the game--and all new gamestarts from then on have the Atlanta Falcons. Further, he made the game extremely easy to mod (just download logos, drop 'em in the right folder, and you never have to do that again) with NFL graphics. Typically speaking there are multiple graphics packs released by the community within hours of a release--and sometimes before the release when there were versions that had a pre-release demo.

I'm sure the same will be true with the OOTP release of FOF.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #168
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
The license is with MLB/MLBPA. EA has nothing to do with it. They don’t even hold a license anymore.

I said that OOTP and EA are on good terms, not that EA owned the license.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #169
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
I said that OOTP and EA are on good terms, not that EA owned the license.

Yes, but what he meant was that EA had nothing to do with baseball. The MLBPA license for video games is owned by SONY for MLB The Show. EA doesn't have a baseball game.

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 01-13-2019, 01:43 AM   #170
cdheer
All Star Reserve

Just a note to say that while I haven't been on the forum in years, I am super-duper excited about this announcement, and I cannot wait!
Originally Posted by Dave Barry
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #171
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Does anyone have any updates? Just curious is all. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #172
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Does anyone have any updates? Just curious is all. Thanks!
The latest info from Jim is in this thread. All discussion of the pros and cons of potential future updates has been consolidated here and should remain there. This thread (and any other official update threads) should be reserved for discussion of the information presented by the OOTP team therein.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #173
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Now I have never played FOF before so I have a question. Is it like OOTP in that it can go play by play in a game or is it simply a sim the game, game?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #174
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Now I have never played FOF before so I have a question. Is it like OOTP in that it can go play by play in a game or is it simply a sim the game, game?
You can do play by play.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #175
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Will this game be out for the 2019/20 season?

Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #176
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Let's see OOTP has been "developing" their football game for what 5+ years now ?? What do you think, especially since they have decided to release no information about it in months ?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #177
Jonah Falcon
Minors (Triple A)

Wow, I missed this news last year. Was going to pick up another copy of FOF, but I'm going to wait for the upcoming version now.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #178
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah Falcon View Post
Wow, I missed this news last year. Was going to pick up another copy of FOF, but I'm going to wait for the upcoming version now.

Could be a loooooooooooooooooong wait
Old 02-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #179
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Could be a loooooooooooooooooong wait
I'd rather wait and get a finished product than something rushed that requires patch after patch like some developers. Plus, timing is everything and it would make sense to release around the draft or the start of next season.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #180
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlee2 View Post
I'd rather wait and get a finished product than something rushed that requires patch after patch like some developers. Plus, timing is everything and it would make sense to release around the draft or the start of next season.

I'd just like some news, like a lot of others.