Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
Element84
Bat Boy

The New MLB (1995 -

Given that strike in 1994 occurred, and shattered the hearts of many fans, I have decided to make a few radical changes for the 1995 MLB season.

1) Fans like offense, so the DH will be implemented in both leagues.

2) The league will be completely restructured. There is no more American League and National League. Instead, it will be the Doubleday Conference (Abner Doubleday is considered the founder of baseball), and the Landis Conference (Kenesaw Mountain Landis was baseball's first commissioner). The re-alignment will now focus on geographical rivalries, like the other major sports leagues; however, I did my best to retain historical rivalries within the divisions.

- The Doubleday Conference will feature the Ruth Division, the Alexander Division, and the Aaron Division.

- The Landis Conference will feature the Rose Division, the Koufax Division, and the Olivia Division.

3. The biggest change of all is a completely revamped playoff structure. 2 teams in each division will qualify for the playoffs, followed by 2 wild card teams in each conference. There's currently 28 teams in the league, as the Devils Rays and Diamondbacks did not enter until 1998. 16 teams will be playoff eligible.

4. Given that the playoff structure has expanded, it is necessary to shorten the season schedule. There will now be 126 games played in a season, with an unbalanced schedule format. The season will now end in the middle of August, just before football begins.

5. With the changes that have been implemented, a fantasy draft will be conducted so management around the league can build their rosters differently, and change their strategies with the new format. I will be controlling the Philadelphia Phillies, to start.

Doubleday Conference

Ruth Division

New York Mets
New York Yankees
Boston Red Sox
Montreal Expos
Toronto Blue Jays

Alexander Division

Philadelphia Phillies
Baltimore Orioles
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Pittsburgh Pirates

Aaron Division

Atlanta Braves
Florida Marlins
Texas Rangers
Houston Astros

Landis Conference

Rose Division

Milwaukee Brewers
Chicago Cubs
Chicago White Sox
Cincinnati Reds
St. Louis Cardinals

Koufax Division

Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
California Angels
Oakland Athletics
San Francisco Giants

Olivia Division

Minnesota Twins
Colorado Rockies
Kansas City Royals
Seattle Mariners
Element84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
Element84
Bat Boy

Fantasy Draft Results

We had the 8th overall pick in the draft. From round 24 on, I let the AI pick the rest of the players.

1. Jeff Bagwell (1B)
2. Andy Benes (SP)
3. Alex Rodriguez (SS)
4. Todd Hundley (C)
5. Doug Drabek (SP)
6. Kirby Puckett (RF)
7. Gregg Jefferies (LF)
8. Troy Percival (RP)
9. Jim Abbott (SP)
10. Kirk Gibson (CF)
11. Jason Giambi (LF)
12. Buddy Black (SP)
13. Lou Whitaker (2B)
14. Scott Livingstone (3B)
15. Cal Eldred (SP)
16. Jerry Browne (3B)
17. John Cangelosi (LF)
18. Randy Myers (RP)
19. Rick Aguilera (RP)
20. Don Slaught (C)
21. Norm Charlton (RP)
22. Mark Acre (RP)
23. Rich Brogan (RP)
24. Vaughn Eshelman (RP)
25. Jeff Suppan (RP)

Projected Lineup:

1. (LF) Gregg Jefferies (.325, 12 HR, 55 RBI)
2. (DH) Lou Whitaker (.301, 12 HR, 43 RBI)
3. (1B) Jeff Bagwell (.367, 39 HR, 116 RBI)
4. (SS) Alex Rodriguez (.204, 0 HR, 2 RBI)
5. (RF) Kirby Puckett (.317, 20 HR, 112 RBI)
6. (C) Todd Hundley (.237, 16 HR, 42 RBI)
7. (CF) Kirk Gibson (.276, 23 HR, 72 RBI)
8. (3B) Scott Livingstone (.272, 2 HR, 10 RBI)
9. (2B) Mark Lewis (.205, 1 HR, 8 RBI)

Projected Bench:

(C) Don Slaught (.287, 2 HR, 21 RBI)
(IF) Jerry Browne (.295, 3 HR, 30 RBI)
(OF) John Cangelosi (.252, 0 HR, 4 RBI)
(OF) Shane Mack (.333, 15 HR, 61 RBI)

There's a lot of things to like about our offense. Rodriguez is only 19 years old but has serious potential to develop into a fantastic hitter, with a lot of power. Bagwell was the American League MVP last year. Puckett and Jefferies were all-stars last season. Hundley has a lot of pop for a catcher. Our bench is pretty solid too, and there's a lot of different lineups that can be utilized by filling Whitaker in at 2B and subbing in Mack or Browne. For now I'm starting Whitaker at DH since Lewis is better with the glove. We'll want to keep an eye on Whitaker and Gibson, they're 37 years old and may only have a couple of seasons left in the tank.

Projected Rotation:

1. Andy Benes (6-14, 3.86 ERA, 179 K)
2. Doug Drabek (12-6, 2.84 ERA, 121K)
3. Cal Eldred (11-11, 4.68 ERA, 98 K)
4. Jim Abbott (9-8, 4.55 ERA, 90 K)
5. Buddy Black (4-2, 4.47 ERA, 28 K)

Benes and Drabek are a solid 1-2 punch, but neither pitcher really has ace-like material. Benes had an unlucky season, as he played for a weak-hitting Padres team last season. He's probably looking forward to having a stronger lineup behind him. Our back end of the rotation is as average as it comes, and is prone to giving up a high number of walks.

Projected Bullpen:

(L) Rich Brogan (No MLB Experience)
(R) Danny Cox (1-1, 1.45 ERA, 14 K)
(R) Mark Acre (5-1, 3.41 ERA, 21 K)
(L) Norm Charlton (1-3, 2.34 ERA, 48 K)
(R) Troy Percival (No MLB Experience)
(R) Rick Aguilera (1-4, 3.63 ERA, 46 K)
(L) Randy Myers (1-5, 3.79 ERA, 32 K)

We've got a very experienced bullpen, which is a huge plus given our average rotation. Charlton earned 18 saves last season, Aguilera earned 23 saves last season, and Myers earned 21 saves. Percival doesn't have any experience, yet. But scouting reports are very positive on him, as he has a blazing high 90s fastball.

Overall, I think we have a very excellent team and drafted pretty well. We should easily compete for a playoff spot, and even compete for the top spot in the division.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #3
Element84
Bat Boy

I made one more quick alteration to the league format. In order to increase competitiveness within the divisions, I set it back to 2 divisions, and 7 teams in each division. There's no wildcard, the 4 top teams in each division qualify for the playoffs.

The Phillies and Pirates are now in the Ruth Division. This allows the Phillies and Mets to keep their historical rivalry. The Tigers, Orioles, and Indians are now in the Aaron Division.

The Twins and Royals are now in the Rose Division. Minnesota and Kansas can retain their rivalry with the White Sox. Seattle and Colorado will move to the Koufax division.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #4
Element84
Bat Boy

1995 Preseason Predictions

Ruth Division

1. Toronto Blue Jays (72-54)
2. New York Mets (70-56)
3. Montreal Expos (68-58)
4. Philadelphia Phillies (68-58)
5. New York Yankees (62-64)
6. Pittsburgh Pirates (60-66)
7. Boston Red Sox (57-69)

Aaron Division

1. Atlanta Braves (66-60)
2. Florida Marlins (65-61)
3. Houston Astros (65-61)
4. Baltimore Orioles (63-63)
5. Cleveland Indians (63-63)
6. Detroit Tigers (54-72)
7. Texas Rangers (53-73)

Rose Division

1. St. Louis Cardinals (71-55)
2. Kansas City Royals (66-60)
3. Chicago White Sox (65-61)
4. Minnesota Twins (60-66)
5. Chicago Cubs (59-67)
6. Cincinnati Reds (58-68)
7. Milwaukee Brewers (56-70)

Koufax Division

1. Oakland Athletics (69-57)
2. San Diego Padres (67-59)
3. San Francisco Giants (67-59)
4. Los Angeles Dodgers (66-60)
5. Seattle Mariners (66-60)
6. Colorado Rockies (64-62)
7. California Angels (52-74)

Notes:

- Tony Gwynn is on the Tigers, he's projected to hit .412.
- Mark McGwire is still on the Athletics, and he's projected to hit 47 homeruns. That would equate to 60 in a 162-game season.
- Alex Rodriguez is projected for 118 RBI's.
- The Phillies are projected to hit .308 as a team, but have a team ERA of 5.48.
- The Boston Red Sox are projected to hit 210 homeruns, which would be tops in the league, yet finish last in the division.
- The Colorado Rockies are projected to score 914 runs, and allow 916 runs. They're also projected to hit .332 as a team, but only hit 139 homeruns, which would be the second lowest in the Koufax Division.
- The Houston Astros are projected to have the best team ERA, at 4.48.
- Tom Gordon of the Blue Jays is projected to have a 2.91 ERA, which would lead the Doubleday Conference.
- Andy Benes is projected to earn 14 wins, which would lead the Doubleday Conference.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #5
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Are you going to expand to the real life teams? Hoping not as I think the current teams in the league is when MLB was best.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #6
Element84
Bat Boy

Quote:
Are you going to expand to the real life teams? Hoping not as I think the current teams in the league is when MLB was best.
Very good question! I haven't thought that far ahead yet, but I will say I like to keep things balanced and even between leagues.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
Element84
Bat Boy

Spring Training Report

So, we pretty much killed it in spring training. We finished with a healthy record of 24-6. Hopefully this success carries over into the regular season!

Injuries

We had a few players with day-to-day injuries which wasn't too serious. The notable ones are listed below.

(RP) Randy Myers - Strained Back, 2-3 weeks, Returned to bullpen
(OF) Shane Mack - Twisted Ankle - Missed 2 weeks, but will need recovery for 1 more week.

Minor League Report

Before we start the season, lets take a look at the farm and review the top prospects.

AAA Park View-Windsor Hills Night Owls

(LF) Jason Giambi (53/70) - Giambi is already a decent hitter, but has potential to develop more power and plate discipline. He'll likely see some action later in the year, if not this year, next season for sure.

(RF) Wade Monahan (20/58) - Scouting reports are projecting Monahan to be an above-average hitter, with above average speed. He's definitely a player to keep an eye on, but I don't think he'll be ready for at least a couple of more seasons.

(1B) Scott Stahoviak (47/48) - So he's probably hit his peak already, but he's noteworthy because he's got above average gap power, and decent plate discipline. He'd be borderline for a starter in the MLB.

(RP) Jeff Suppan (40/44) - A 20 year old, Suppan is equipped with 6 pitches. If he can improve on his command and mitigate his walk rates, he could be a decent pitcher in the future.

AA Garland Monkeys

(LF) Roger Cedeno (35/46) - He won't hit for homeruns, but he has potential to be a high-contact hitter with decent speed. He'll likely pan out to be a 4th outfielder, and have a fair share of starts sprinkled in.

(CF) Jim Stodgell (20/46) - He can play each outfield position, and a little bit of first base. Already equipped with excellent speed, he needs to develop his swing if he wants to move up.

(RP) Todd Williams (20/44) - He's got a decent ceiling to work on his movement and control, but he likely won't be anything more than a middle reliever.

A Brier Horned Frogs

(RP) Jon Abbass (20/64) - He's got a mid 90s fastball, and a slider in his arsenal. The development reports indicate he has excellent potential to make his pitches unhittable, and that he could be a future closer someday.

(2B) Damani Young (20/46) - A line drive hitter, he's also capable of playing shortstop and first base. He may project to become a utility player someday. Decent potential to drive the ball for gap power.

R Lansing Steamrollers

(SP) Gil De Leon (20/45) - At 18 years old, he has a very quick fastball that reaches the high 90s. However, his only other pitch is the slider. Developing a third pitch could really benefit him in the future, but he should start with mastering his pitches he already has first.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #8
Element84
Bat Boy

Phillies Drop Season Opener
April 2, 1994

Philadelphia, PA - A nearly sold-out Veterans Stadium crowd witnessed a Phillies game for the first time since last August. Unfortunately, the baseball-starved crowd left the exits witnessing a Boston Red Sox victory as Rick Aguilera allowed a 9th inning solo bomb to Vinny Castilla, sealing the win.

"I just left it out over the plate" remarked Aguilera. " I didn't put enough into the pitch and I paid the price. This is game 1 of the season, so we can't dwell on today's loss."

Jeff Bagwell picked right from where he left off last season, blasting an RBI-double in the first inning to score Lou Whitaker, giving the Phillies an early 1-0 lead.

Doug Drabek, who made the season opener to give Andy Benes a little more rest, allowed a run in the 4th and 5th innings, but was otherwise under control, striking out 7 and allowing 5 hits in 7 innings pitched.

Alex Rodriguez wasted no time adjusting to the clean-up spot in the lineup, blasting a solo homerun into the right field bleachers in the bottom of the 6th to tie the game at 2.

After Aguilera allowed the run in the 9th, Todd Hundley slapped a 1-out single in the bottom half of the inning, but he wouldn't advance any further as Ed Vosberg retired Kirk Gibson and Scott Livingstone to end the ballgame.

The Phillies will host the Red Sox for 2 more games, before they embark on a New York road trip to face the Mets and the Yankees.

Last edited by Element84; 06-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.