Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #341
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

L.J. Hoes (starts as a FA in the quickstart) is listed as having 239 years of service time, and (assumedly because of his centuries of experience) won't accept less than $14M to sign.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:43 AM   #342
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post
L.J. Hoes (starts as a FA in the quickstart) is listed as having 239 years of service time, and (assumedly because of his centuries of experience) won't accept less than $14M to sign.
Yeah, that's weird. He's set correctly in the db. Must be an import issue. I'll report it to Markus.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #343
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Didn't know where to post this but will post it here...

ABL will expand from six to eight teams for 2018-19.

The 7th team will be Winterball Korea, a team comprised of Korean players.

The 8th team is expected to be Auckland, New Zealand.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #344
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Didn't know where to post this but will post it here...

ABL will expand from six to eight teams for 2018-19.

The 7th team will be Winterball Korea, a team comprised of Korean players.

The 8th team is expected to be Auckland, New Zealand.
Because the in-game ABL season is 2018-19, there's no reason to not make this change... but it's too late for the current patch, because the 8th team isn't yet officially confirmed.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:33 AM   #345
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Because the in-game ABL season is 2018-19, there's no reason to not make this change... but it's too late for the current patch, because the 8th team isn't yet officially confirmed.
Well, the problem I can see is that the Korean team will most likely be impossible to recreate in-game currently if they have all players that are on loan from the KBO. I suppose we can just add them without players and let them sign their own.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #346
aks62
Major Leagues

Start Mid-Season?

Every time I create a new league now, it starts me at July 16 of 2018. Why does it not start at the beginning of the season/spring training?
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #347
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
Every time I create a new league now, it starts me at July 16 of 2018. Why does it not start at the beginning of the season/spring training?
How are you creating the new league? Sounds like you may be using a quickstart instead of clicking on standard game. I just created a new game and it started Early March.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #348
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
How are you creating the new league? Sounds like you may be using a quickstart instead of clicking on standard game. I just created a new game and it started Early March.
I've been trying Custom leagues so I could import my template. They're starting in mid-July and I don't understand why.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #349
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
I've been trying Custom leagues so I could import my template. They're starting in mid-July and I don't understand why.
Sounds like whatever template you are using is set for Mid-July. Where did you get the template?
Old 05-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #350
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Try creating a new thread and posting your exact steps you are doing and maybe include some screenshots using the below link.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3937

This thread is for the current roster set when creating a Standard game, maybe someone has run into the same issue you are and they are unlikely to see it in this thread.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #351
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Try creating a new thread and posting your exact steps you are doing and maybe include some screenshots using the below link.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3937

This thread is for the current roster set when creating a Standard game, maybe someone has run into the same issue you are and they are unlikely to see it in this thread.
I think I was able to figure it out––thanks.

However, even after importing the template into my standard game, I noticed that the game didn't take my template into effect. Is there a reason for that?
Old 06-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #352
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post

He shows up fine in my game. Just started a new game to check, after this latest patch, and it shows up that he has 239 DAYS of service time, not years, which is correct. He's willing to sign a minor league deal. This is in a normal, MLB QS.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:16 AM   #353
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Rafael Palmeiro has came out of retirement to play for the Cleburne Railriders. He is their 1B/DH. Seems he was on their Opening Day roster. Not sure if this was mentioned or not previously.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:36 AM   #354
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Rafael Palmeiro has came out of retirement to play for the Cleburne Railriders. He is their 1B/DH. Seems he was on their Opening Day roster. Not sure if this was mentioned or not previously.

I can confirm this. Manny Ramirez is the same. I just went in to commish mode and re-retired both guys. In Manny's case, it doesn't effect his current status on the HOF ballot, which is awesome.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #355
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman View Post
I can confirm this. Manny Ramirez is the same. I just went in to commish mode and re-retired both guys. In Manny's case, it doesn't effect his current status on the HOF ballot, which is awesome.
Manny played in Japan last season on the Kōchi Fighting Dogs of the Japanese Shikoku Island League Plus independent league, as far as I know he is not playing this year anywhere. I don't think the Japanese Indy Leagues have been updated recently since it's tough to find an English website (I tried to update the SILP but only got through the Kagawa Olive Guyners.

His son Manny Ramirez Jr is playing in the Atlantic League for the New Britain Bees and should be on their roster.

Quote:
Both Palmeiro's (Raffy and his son Patrick) are on Cleburne in the latest patch.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 06-02-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:57 AM   #356
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

I know this situation is a strange one, but I think Pirates IF Jung-Ho Kang should probably be retired, or at least released, in the roster set. From everything I've read, there's virtually no chance that he ever suits up for the Pirates again. I've researched the situation a bit and most articles conclude that he won't ever play in MLB again.

Personally, I go in and retire him. I can see why he remains on the Pirates, as the situation isn't resolved yet, but realistically, from all I've read, he will never play for them again. Just a thought.

EDIT: Also, it would free up money for the Pirates to use on other players because they aren't paying any of Kang's salary currently, in real life.

Last edited by The Yurpman; 06-11-2018 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:36 AM   #357
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman View Post
I know this situation is a strange one, but I think Pirates IF Jung-Ho Kang should probably be retired, or at least released, in the roster set. From everything I've read, there's virtually no chance that he ever suits up for the Pirates again. I've researched the situation a bit and most articles conclude that he won't ever play in MLB again.

Personally, I go in and retire him. I can see why he remains on the Pirates, as the situation isn't resolved yet, but realistically, from all I've read, he will never play for them again. Just a thought.

EDIT: Also, it would free up money for the Pirates to use on other players because they aren't paying any of Kang's salary currently, in real life.
Since he's playing in the Pirates minors right now, I really don't see how we could realistically release him.

The articles I've seen don't seem to conclude he won't play in MLB again, just that it's undetermined if he will or not. In fact since he just got promoted to Indianapolis, that seems to be a potential precursor to his making it back to Pittsburgh.

Maybe we could knock his ratings down a bit, but long as he's in the Pirates org (and they must be paying him something btw, I doubt he's playing for free), we can't release him.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-11-2018 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:02 AM   #358
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Since he's playing in the Pirates minors right now, I really don't see how we could realistically release him.

The articles I've seen don't seem to conclude he won't play in MLB again, just that it's undetermined if he will or not. In fact since he just got promoted to Indianapolis, that seems to be a potential precursor to his making it back to Pittsburgh.

Maybe we could knock his ratings down a bit, but long as he's in the Pirates org (and they must be paying him something btw, I doubt he's playing for free), we can't release him.

Ahh, I didn't see that he was now playing in the Pirates minors. Last I heard he was still unable to play for the MLB or it's minors. That changes a lot. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #359
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There appears to be some players that were drafted last week that are listed as retired in the roster set. My guess is they're mostly college seniors that were in the draft in last year's roster set?
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #360
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
There appears to be some players that were drafted last week that are listed as retired in the roster set. My guess is they're mostly college seniors that were in the draft in last year's roster set?
Yes, that's probably mostly the case.

We'll have a huge draft focused roster update next patch, so most of that should be resolved, tons of missing guys will be added, lots of ratings tweaked etc.