Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
DCustard67
Bat Boy

Crashes after last update.

Since the last update, while playing a regular season the game shuts down completely and I have to restart the game. Then it will play error free for a bit then same thing a complete shutdown. I've rebooted computer several times and all drivers are up to date. I'm running windows 10 and there were no problems since the last update. Thanks
DCustard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Sorry that's happening!

I could use a bit more info from you to figure out what's going on.

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing. Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
DCustard67
Bat Boy

hello

So what I ended up doing was uninstalling the game completely including all the game files. Then I reinstalled but without the last update and I've not had a problem since. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. But other then that I love this game!!!
DCustard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #4
TonyF8996
Bat Boy

Angry Same problem since perfect team updates

The game shuts down by itself ,,have over 500 hours without issue,,,, now since those last updates . keeps shutting down.

im on Steam ,, is there a way to remove those last updates, or not install them.

This was my best game ,,,, now its a real pain

Last edited by TonyF8996; 11-24-2018 at 09:23 AM.
TonyF8996 is offline   Reply With Quote