Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Version 1.7 36 now available

Download links:

PC: https://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.co...m2014setup.exe

Mac: https://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.co...rInstaller.dmg

Please install this on top of current FHM2014 installation, no need to unlicense.

This introduces the new game engine into FHM 2014.

Just an FYI, the following is just a preview of how the game engine will operate in Franchise Hockey Manager 2. However, getting this to function in FHM 2014 is a bit like trying to get the engine of a big truck to work in a small compact car. It might work and still drive you forward, but it’s not optimal and not what it was designed for.

The core of this is the FHM 2 game engine, but due to limitations of FHM 2014 and the underlying database, the performance isn’t quite the same.

That being said, it’s still a drastic improvement over what was in FHM 2014 previously and helps us honor our commitment while also giving FHM 2014 players a much better game and a sneak peak at a small part of what’s new in FHM 2.

A few things to note:

- In FHM 2 there is a lot more depth, including the ability to customize and save tactics and set up an overall gameplan combining multiple tactical templates to be used in different situations.

- The fighting and penalty system in the new engine required substantial reworking of the database and ratings development system, and the old data will not produce optimal results with it. For example, some leagues will have very high fight totals, others will have very low ones (the NHL being on the low side). On the flipside, we do get accurate fight totals in FHM 2.

- There have also been several other updates made to the game engine since it was ported back to FHM 2014. If you notice an issue, please feel free to let us know, but it may have already been addressed in FHM 2.

After installation, the game should display "Version 1.7.36" at the bottom of the startup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-23-2022 at 03:45 PM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

will this update be on steam? thank you aswell! stoked to try this out
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
will this update be on steam? thank you aswell! stoked to try this out
It will be at some point, yes.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

On the game screen-how do you start the game? Things have changed since the last time I played.

Update:

I see that the tab is at the bottom of the screen and I can't play full screen because I'm playing OOTP also.
Tab is located in a bad spot.

I hit esc on my computer keyboard and the game remains in full screen.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-28-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

I am locked out of my email I used for the esellerate, is there anyway else to get my license? or do I just wait for the steam update?
Old 09-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
I am locked out of my email I used for the esellerate, is there anyway else to get my license? or do I just wait for the steam update?
Unless you still have a copy of the original email somewhere, probably easiest to wait for the Steam update - all of eSellerate's recovery options depend on access to the original email, or at least the account it was received on. Steam version probably won't be up until tomorrow - Andreas, who has to do the Steam update, needs to do it from a particular laptop, and he won't be able to get to it until then.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for delivering on this.

I will not be buying FHM2.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
Thank you for delivering on this.

I will not be buying FHM2.
You're missing out on a great game.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #9
Monette
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did the update via Steam and when I want to start a new game , it wite '"invalid database version"
I did all the updates....
Monette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

I have the same problem as monette. With all updates the game is actually unplayable saying invalid database version in New Game and historical and fictional are also unstartable...Hopefully this gets fixed soon it's worrysome. EDIT: It's fixed by re-downloading and re-installing the game.

Last edited by Bugsquasher; 09-29-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #11
hluraven
Major Leagues

Every time I click on Box Score from within a game, FHM crashes instantly. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, this is a fresh install as I was hoping to use the game engine as a demo for the next one so re-installed today.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #12
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
Every time I click on Box Score from within a game, FHM crashes instantly. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, this is a fresh install as I was hoping to use the game engine as a demo for the next one so re-installed today.
it does also happen for me
Old 10-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #13
jahad
Bat Boy

Unhappy Steam update issues

Updated to 1.7 Build 36 by simply just logging into Steam.

Now I have a product that no longer functions.

Cannot load the previous game .. kinda ticked me off. Tried to create a new Game and it starts to copy files and poof Error ! Invalid Database Version!

So, what can I provide you, the developers, to correct these issues. Both issues.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Processor, 16GB,

Last edited by jahad; 10-10-2015 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Moe Info
jahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #14
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
it does also happen for me

Almost everything I click on makes the game crash. Nice final patch. I went from having a game that I hated to play, to one now that I can't even play.
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #15
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahad View Post
Updated to 1.7 Build 36 by simply just logging into Steam.

Now I have a product that no longer functions.

Cannot load the previous game .. kinda ticked me off. Tried to create a new Game and it starts to copy files and poof Error ! Invalid Database Version!

So, what can I provide you, the developers, to correct these issues. Both issues.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Processor, 16GB,
A user above had mentioned the invalid database version issue can be fixed by re-downloading and re-installing the game.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #16
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1968 View Post
Almost everything I click on makes the game crash. Nice final patch. I went from having a game that I hated to play, to one now that I can't even play.
Sorry guys, I pretty much have to agree with this.

The few limited tests I have been doing with this game lead to crashes very often. It was a nice idea to try and put this out and let us test the new match engine and see if it was a positive improvement, but it is hard to play into any season, at times only a few days before something crashes, makes it impossible to really use the game as a test of anything.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:12 PM   #17
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

FHM 2 plays very well. I am happy with the purchase.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #18
stevwatt12
Bat Boy

so I cant even play a 13/14 game anymore because it starts off in the 14/15 season? I like the updates to abilities and the sim but I wanted to still be able to start in the 13/14 season.
stevwatt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #19
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevwatt12 View Post
so I cant even play a 13/14 game anymore because it starts off in the 14/15 season? I like the updates to abilities and the sim but I wanted to still be able to start in the 13/14 season.
You can play 2013/2014 in historical.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #20
stevwatt12
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
You can play 2013/2014 in historical.
Yes but then everything is not correct to the 13/14 season (contracts, staff, abilities, schedule). I tried installing the previous patch update(1.6.19) over the current one (1.7.36) and it still stayed at 1.7.36. should I reinstall the game and download the patch if I want to get back to 1.6.19 version?
stevwatt12 is offline   Reply With Quote