Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
jkell1980
Bat Boy

Spent 2 hours getting my team ready and game crashed on opening day

No buttons would work except the red X. When red X was pushed I could not push 'yes' or 'no'. VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS WASTED TIME! I have a feeling Im in store for more crashes based on some of the posts in the impressions thread.
jkell1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
jkell1980
Bat Boy

I hit 'simulate' on opening day and then nothing.........2 hours gone.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkell1980 View Post
No buttons would work except the red X. When red X was pushed I could not push 'yes' or 'no'. VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS WASTED TIME! I have a feeling Im in store for more crashes based on some of the posts in the impressions thread.
I'd make sure it's nothing on your end. Not to say there couldn't be crashes but I haven't had a crash in OOTP since....... honestly I can't even remember. v10 maybe? I just don't see what could have changed to make the game unstable as it is basically still OOTP 13 with a few new features and some tweaks to the engine.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
jkell1980
Bat Boy

I haven't don't anything different than I did in last years version. Not even sure what to check on my end. I read in the impressions thread about the exact same problem happening to others.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Cras
Hall Of Famer

I think it says somewhere in the manual, so I will mention it here....

after setting up your league 'BACK IT UP'!
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

I'm only telling you my experience. I've not had a crash that wasn't due to something on my end since 2007 or 2008. Like I said OOTP14 is basically OOTP13 with a couple new features and some tweaks to the engine. I find it unlikely(but possible) that it's something in OOTP14.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

yea we got all the crashes out in beta build like 1 or 2 that WE WERE aware of and we havent had them since really i mean like nearly 20 builds or something like that and no crashes . so i mean i think that over 7 k of users playing and really only a few reports of crashes is pretty good for a small beta team lol but yea still needs to be fixed but with the pre orderers ur like a 2nd beta test in a way u give us a larger sample size and help find things we couldnt reproduce to find or see . I know ur frustrated i am a bit to as i wish this would have shown up in beta as i dont like any bugs getting to the public as it makes me think i did poorly testing but in reality we cant get them all and 100% of people looking at the game is always better than 1-2% looking at the game , but hey at least here u get patches and fixes and we strive to make the game better unlike other companies that dont fix known bugs for years i.e madden and their players walking thu walls lol (yes i played madden yesterday )

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
jkell1980
Bat Boy

I appreciate all that goes into making this excellent game, just very bummed out. Restarting now. Oh, and saving very frequently!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

It happens

Quote:
I appreciate all that goes into making this excellent game, just very bummed out. Restarting now. Oh, and saving very frequently!
That's really the best you can do, this still happens occasionally to me in v 13.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #10
Vinnyvagus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The game just crashed on me as well. Just playing my first game of the season as the Reds... and then a pop up appeared saying OOTP14 had stopped responding.

Oh well at least it was only the start of the season.
Vinnyvagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #11
slugga27
All Star Starter

For the OOTP team, which I'm sure has seen my previous posts about crashing issues, in case it was confusing...

The first post in this thread is EXACTLY what I have been experiencing. Like I've said before, it seemingly happens at random.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #12
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about the crashing you experienced. As I wrote in the impressions thread, crash bugs are a top priority and we want to get these fixed ASAP. One thing that will help is if you can post this in the bug reporting thread. Also, see my post #144 in that impressions thread here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ns-here-8.html
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

old timer, you're doing great at providing excellent customer service with the onslaught of unhelpful complaints. Not to say the original poster doesn't have a problem nor a case, but how the hell is anything going to be resolved if the tech support team only has a simple description of the problem?

The key is reporting these issues in the correct channel (i.e. Bug reports thread) and sending the league files to the tech support team; that way any time invested in looking into your issue is probably more constructive then trying to figure out your issue by means of interpreting rudimentary threads like this one. Thank the Universe for people like Old Timer.

PS: I hope your issue gets resolved (and I fully expect it to). I empathize, but working in IT myself, I understand it's nerve-wracking for the support team manually having to remind the end-user to report their own issue. Others will likely experience the same issue, or something residual as a result of that specific part of OOTP; get it documented and shipped to tech support so the issue can be identified and squashed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 04-13-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
rworth88
Minors (Double A)

Had a similar problem in 13, now I save every 3 days and backup every week, better safe than sorry...feel for ya!
rworth88 is offline   Reply With Quote