Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-17-2020, 02:19 AM   #1
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

I think I have a problem

Ok. So in my game last season I added some teams to the WHL and increased the number of regular season games.

Ive progressed the year and its now May 20. The WHL championship final is just about to start.

I noticed that the Memorial Cup says it will start on May 22. No chance the WHL series will be done by then. Whats going to happen? Im guessing an error. Is there anything I can do prevent this from happening? Im in 2023. and have done a lot of creating in my saved game. I would hate for this game to just end on me like this. My user controlled NHL team is had a great regular season and is in a strong playoff race!

Last edited by toddr037; 02-17-2020 at 02:33 AM.
toddr037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:29 AM   #2
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Well I did get an error like I thought I would. Luckily the games last save was the autosave on May 2nd. Before the crash I looked and saw in the WHL a few series went 7 games (every round had at least 1 series go 7), including the eastern final. IF i can somehow "fix" the games and make every series go 4 or 5 games, MAYBE the final will end on time. Maybe. I hope!
Old 02-18-2020, 03:15 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

What were the exact changes you made to the WHL's structure and schedule length? It sounds like we may need to add some restrictions there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
What were the exact changes you made to the WHL's structure and schedule length? It sounds like we may need to add some restrictions there.

I completely changed up the league. 6 new teams, and bumped the number of games from 68 games to 78 games.

If the mem cup is fixed to start on May 22nd, maybe there could be a option to possibly start the season 2 weeks or so earlier.

Heres an update though! I did use my editor and made some edits to make a fast playoffs. created a lot of minor injuries (2 weeks max) for a fast and quick playoffs. It worked and the WHL championship finished on May 20. The Mem cup went on without problems.

On July 1, to prevent issues next year, I reset the number of games back to 68.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:28 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, so it sounds like it was very close to working at 78 if it only needed to end slightly earlier for the cup to work. But I think we'll have to add schedule length limit, otherwise we're going to run into conflicts with those post-playoff cups and possibly international play.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Ah, so it sounds like it was very close to working at 78 if it only needed to end slightly earlier for the cup to work. But I think we'll have to add schedule length limit, otherwise we're going to run into conflicts with those post-playoff cups and possibly international play.

But also keep in mind that 78 games will only work if every playoff series only goes 4 or 5 games. I think in order to actually be comfortable enough, just in case every round has one that goes 7 (like my game), 68 games is the perfect amount of games. I still think, if possible, In situations where leagues expand, maybe having an option to pick a date for regular season to start, or have the option to have have a shorter exhibition season. That way the memorial cup can still start when its supposed to, and the league in question can still comfortably play out their schedule.