Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #1
UDM2004

Newbie Questions

I'm playing my first season on MLBM 2015 trying to figure my way through but there are a few things I don't understand.

1. What does the abbreviation INF column mean?
2. What does the blue up arrow in the INF column mean?
3. Why do minor league players become angry when they are placed back in the minors after they leave the DL?
4. At the end of the season do I need to resign all of my minor league players?
5. Are my draft picks automatically given a minor league contract for the remainder of the season they are drafted in?
6. How many players should I have on my minor league roster (how many SP, MR, CL, C, 1B...)?

I'm sure I will have more questions the further I get into the game.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:20 AM   #2
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004 View Post
I'm playing my first season on MLBM 2015 trying to figure my way through but there are a few things I don't understand.

1. What does the abbreviation INF column mean?
2. What does the blue up arrow in the INF column mean?
3. Why do minor league players become angry when they are placed back in the minors after they leave the DL?
4. At the end of the season do I need to resign all of my minor league players?
5. Are my draft picks automatically given a minor league contract for the remainder of the season they are drafted in?
6. How many players should I have on my minor league roster (how many SP, MR, CL, C, 1B...)?

I'm sure I will have more questions the further I get into the game.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
1. INF basically is status

2. It means the player has the ability to be brought up to the Majors

3. They usually are mad at the fact that they are in the minors to begin with, hence why they'd be mad again

4. Nope, they auto renew, unless it is a veteran who has the option of free agency so always check the financial info in your minors

5. Yes, unless they are in the Majors as soon as they are drafted

6. No limit, i just usually keep the pitchers who have good velocity and ratings and any batter with above 7 contact and gap power.

If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help.
xepicx2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
UDM2004

Thank you so much! I'm sure I will have more questions soon.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
UDM2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by xepicx2729 View Post
1. INF basically is status

2. It means the player has the ability to be brought up to the Majors

3. They usually are mad at the fact that they are in the minors to begin with, hence why they'd be mad again

4. Nope, they auto renew, unless it is a veteran who has the option of free agency so always check the financial info in your minors

5. Yes, unless they are in the Majors as soon as they are drafted

6. No limit, i just usually keep the pitchers who have good velocity and ratings and any batter with above 7 contact and gap power.

2. Can you bring anyone up to the majors or only the ones with the blue up arrow?

3. Is there anything that will improve their mood except being put on the active roster?

4. How do you know if a minor leaguer is eligible to be a free agent?

5. Do drafted players end up on the major league roster right away often?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #5
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
2. Can you bring anyone up to the majors or only the ones with the blue up arrow?

3. Is there anything that will improve their mood except being put on the active roster?

4. How do you know if a minor leaguer is eligible to be a free agent?

5. Do drafted players end up on the major league roster right away often?
2. Any, but the ones with the arrow are the most prepared.

3. Not really, trading them to a team that'll start them is one option, but i just use them a lot during September.

4. You hit view and select Financial Info. Look under Years Remaining and if it says 1 then they'll be a FA after the year.

5. Really depends on the ratings of the draftee and the current starter at the position. It's most common in relief pitchers and in fictional leagues.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #6
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
4. You hit view and select Financial Info. Look under Years Remaining and if it says 1 then they'll be a FA after the year.
There's a bit more than that, as well. A player could have a contract under arbitration and might be a free agent at the end of the year, depending on how much time they spend in the majors. This is only visible if you look at the Contract view for the individual player.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
UDM2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
There's a bit more than that, as well. A player could have a contract under arbitration and might be a free agent at the end of the year, depending on how much time they spend in the majors. This is only visible if you look at the Contract view for the individual player.
What does it mean if a player is under arbitration? Also some of my players have (auto) instead of arbitration.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #8
BradC
All Star Starter

If a player is eligible for arbitration, it means their situation will be reviewed by an arbitrator, who will award them a salary based on how well they've performed vs. other players at their position. You can expect a player who is eligible for arbitration will almost certainly start making more money, even if his numbers sucked, since his previous salary was likely very low.

"Auto" means they're still under team control and just have their contract automatically renewed until next year.

All of that is part of baseball's complex rules RE contracts and when players are eligible for free agency and such.

Quote:
What does it mean if a player is under arbitration? Also some of my players have (auto) instead of arbitration.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:29 PM   #9
UDM2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
If a player is eligible for arbitration, it means their situation will be reviewed by an arbitrator, who will award them a salary based on how well they've performed vs. other players at their position. You can expect a player who is eligible for arbitration will almost certainly start making more money, even if his numbers sucked, since his previous salary was likely very low.

"Auto" means they're still under team control and just have their contract automatically renewed until next year.

All of that is part of baseball's complex rules RE contracts and when players are eligible for free agency and such.
Is there a way to set someone's contact to auto.?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:21 AM   #10
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Is there a way to set someone's contact to auto.?
not quite, as auto is for the players who are not yet elgible for arbitration.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:04 AM   #11
UDM2004

Quote:
Are players that are currently on a Minor League contract ($0) allowed to be called up to the Majors? Mainly to fill a spot for someone that is on the DL.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:21 AM   #12
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Are players that are currently on a Minor League contract ($0) allowed to be called up to the Majors? Mainly to fill a spot for someone that is on the DL.
yes, but their contract will not remain a minor league contract.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #13
UDM2004

Quote:
yes, but their contract will not remain a minor league contract.
Will there contract change as soon as they are called up or after so much time in the big league?
Old 07-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Will there contract change as soon as they are called up or after so much time in the big league?
Usually, as soon as you start to play/sim with the player IN THE GAME the contract updates afaik.

Last edited by xepicx2729; 07-04-2015 at 07:48 PM.