Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #1
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Trading issues.

So I made a trade offer and the other GM asked me to submit it. Here is what followed...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
backspace4353
Minors (Single A)

what??
backspace4353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:40 AM   #3
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

First email is in response to original offer. So then I added one of the players from that email and was asked to submit the offer again. 2nd email is the response to that effort. So then for the fun of it I added another player who was listed on the 2nd email and was asked to submit the offer again. The third email was the response to that offer. Not sure how far down this "rabbit hole" one can go.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:30 AM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
First email is in response to original offer. So then I added one of the players from that email and was asked to submit the offer again. 2nd email is the response to that effort. So then for the fun of it I added another player who was listed on the 2nd email and was asked to submit the offer again. The third email was the response to that offer. Not sure how far down this "rabbit hole" one can go.
This is a rule of thumb. Granted, it is only my rule of thumb so take this with a grain of salt. However, whenever I offer a trade and the other GM says to submit it I cancel the trade and walk away right then and there. Whenever they say submit... They never accept that trade no matter how much you add to it.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:39 AM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Check this one out. So I submitted a trade and got a reply back in a few days. Obviously they decline but they do offer up three of my starters, all with All Star potential, as players I could add to make the deal work. So instead I clicked the "discuss trade again" button to investigate. Then I clicked the "make this work now" button to see if they'd offer up the same three players as the ones needed to make the deal work for the AI GM. Here's the story in pics...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #6
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Make sure to post this in the bug forum.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

The first human deal is an "offer." The AI response is a "counter offer."

IRL, counter offers are not only not contracts, but are a rejection of the original offer. It's just another part of negotiating. There is no "meeting of the minds" yet. I've had many offers that were accepted on the first try, and many that weren't accepted after multiple tries. In other words, the counter offer is not a contract offer, but a negotiating tool to indicate the AI might consider accepting under different terms. (It looks very different from unsolicited contractually binding trade offers that are made by the AI.)

As an example from My Cousin Vinny:

Contract Offer

- I beIieve you and Lisa pIayed a game of pooI for $200, which she won. I'm here to coIIect.

Counter offers

- How about if I just kick your butt?

- Oh, a counteroffer?

- That's what we Iawyers - I'm a Iawyer - we Iawyers caII that a ''counteroffer''. Let me see. This is a tough decision. Get my butt kicked or coIIect $200? Hm. What do you think? I couId use a good butt kicking, I'II be very honest with you. Nah, I think I'II just go with the $200.

- Over my dead body.

- You Iike to renegotiate as you go aIong, huh? OK, then. Here's my counteroffer. Do I have to kiII you? What if I was just to kick the everIovin' crap outta you?

- In your dreams.

- No, no, no. In reaIity. If I was to kick the crap outta you, do I get the money?

Meeting of the Minds

- If you kicked the crap outta me? Yeah, then you get the money.

Contract Offer

- OK. Let's see if we agree on the terms. The choice now is I get my butt kicked... or, option B, I kick your butt and coIIect the $ 200. I'm going with option B. Kicking your butt and coIIecting $200.

Final Contract

This is the accepted contract.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 06-23-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #8
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Not sure what the point of that post was Dr. Strange. Is there an attempt at a point being made or was this just supposed to be irrelevant comedy?.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #9
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Not sure what the point of that post was Dr. Strange. Is there an attempt at a point being made or was this just supposed to be irrelevant comedy?.
I'm just suggesting the game (AI) is counter offering. The example I posted was the easiest to show that since it was being specifically stated in that movie. Yes, it was funny, but that wasn't the point. Until both of you say "I agree", it's all 100% hypothetical and negotiable.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 06-23-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #10
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drstrangelove View Post
I'm just suggesting the game (AI) is counter offering. The example I posted was the easiest to show that since it was being specifically stated in that movie. Yes, it was funny, but that wasn't the point. Until both of you say "I agree", it's all 100% hypothetical and negotiable.
But I did agree...
Old 06-26-2019, 02:47 AM   #11
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
The email trade interaction doesn't work like the actual trading interaction screen. It must be a different algorithm of AI logic.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote