Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
*Potential* 2006 American Association Roster Set

I'm working on an American Association roster set. So far, I've collected 100% of the 2006 batting stats. 35% of the 2005 batting stats and 10% of the 2004 battings stats. I'm going to be doing a pretty crude three year split averages and making the rosters off of that.

If have the basic information for batters (birthday, bat, throw, number, height, weight) for 3/10 teams and "correct" positions for all the teams. I'd like to get hometowns, but right now that is a lot of work for me right now. Maybe Release #2.

I haven't even started on the pitchers yet. Although, I started it today at about 11:30am, so I think I've got a lot done. I don't see this being done anytime soon though (maybe mid-august?), so I'm sure you're set will be out by then. I may not even get this done, so don't get to excited .

For those interested in my progress so far, here is an excel sheet. If you wanted to help me out () collecting the stats, go for it . I've been getting a lot of information from baseball cube. What I've been doing (this is where it gets crude), is take the stats and put them in the right spot. For example, http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...aconetti.shtml, this guy in 2004 played college baseball and played for a Twins minor league team. For the 2004 stats, I basically just add them and then do a crude estimate at OBP and SLG (I'm to lazy to figure it out for real, and it isn't that important).

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't attach an excel sheet...I thought you could ;(. If you want it, PM me.

Last edited by MorseMoose; 07-02-2006 at 03:30 PM.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

I should mention that nothing has been done in OOTP yet, everything has been done in Excel, so far. I don't plan on doing anything in OOTP (for this league) until I have collected all the three year splits for all batters and pitchers and all basic information.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
You can upload it as a txt file and whoever downloads it can rename it.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
qusip
Bat Boy

neat - I'd love to see this when it is done. I've attempted Northern League roster sets before, but get discouraged with the time it takes to do it. Good luck to you!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

I've decided to just let ohiodevil do it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil
I am currently working on all the Indy Leagues and the American Association is one of those. I am hopeing to have all the rosters completed for the 8 Indy Leagues by next weekend so they can be included in the roster set.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil
Ran through a test season for my Indy Leagues last night and I really liked the results for the most part. Here is what I noticed:

1) Player Salaries - The salaries really seemed to be in check, I saw the superstars of the leagues get contracts in the $30,000 to $60,000 per year range, which was pretty close to the $2,500 to $4,000 per month the real leagues pay their players, and the scrubs were getting contracts worth $2,500 to $3,000 per year. Now I know that in RL players are only paid for the months when they play, but since OOTP can't do 3 or 4 month contracts I felt that this was the best way to mimic the Indy contract structure. The only bad thing I saw was a couple of guys signed 7 year $300,000 contracts but those were very few and far between.

2) Attendenace - Attendence figures were pretty much right on the head for all the leagues. Teams would average anywhere between 1,500 and 5,000 per game and most teams barely cracked the 1 million fan barrier.

3) Money - No team lost money, but no team had a ton of left over money.....The team that had the most was St. Paul Saints with $2.7 million dollars.

4) Stats - I really was very happy with the stats that were put out. The highest batting average was .341, most homers was 29 and most RBI was 86. Most wins by a pitcher was 14, ERA was 2.89 and Saves was 28.

I found a couple of things that I made mistakes on, one was the roster sizes....Most Indy teams carry 22 players and can only have 3 or 4 guys on the DL at a time. I allowed them to have a 28 man "reserve" roster, which I meant only to be 5 or 6 at most. Will correct that immediately!!

Most Leagues use the Split Season format and I saw that OOTP does not do this correctly....yet. If the patch fixes this then I will leave the format as such, if not then I will have to change it. I saw a team get into the playoffs (Split Format) after finishing in 4th place (they never were above 3rd the whole season).

I still plan on having all the rosters correct (with Jose Canseco on the San Diego Surf Dawgs) by the weekend.

Oh, for those that want to know.....I did import Jose into my test league and he was barely used....he appeared in 27 games and hit a whopping .231 1 HR 7 RBI. He only started 5 games at DH.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
1) Player Salaries - The salaries really seemed to be in check, I saw the superstars of the leagues get contracts in the $30,000 to $60,000 per year range, which was pretty close to the $2,500 to $4,000 per month the real leagues pay their players, and the scrubs were getting contracts worth $2,500 to $3,000 per year. Now I know that in RL players are only paid for the months when they play, but since OOTP can't do 3 or 4 month contracts I felt that this was the best way to mimic the Indy contract structure. The only bad thing I saw was a couple of guys signed 7 year $300,000 contracts but those were very few and far between.
The top contracts for Indy players should probably top out at around $10,000 a year... $3000 a month for 3+ months. (In the game, you'd probably need to set the "average" Superstar salary around $7000-$8000 or so then.) Maybe more for the Atlantic League.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
ozziethesaint
Banned

The average Frontier League contract runs in the vicinity of 500 bucks a week plus room and board
ozziethesaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos
The top contracts for Indy players should probably top out at around $10,000 a year... $3000 a month for 3+ months. (In the game, you'd probably need to set the "average" Superstar salary around $7000-$8000 or so then.) Maybe more for the Atlantic League.
I am still playing around with the salaries. I don't want to have the salaries be too low, then the teams will have way too much money left over....but I dont want them too high otherwise they all will be in the negative.

My final test will be to create these Indy Leagues and a Fictious Major League and make sure that the Indy Leagues dont sign players that should still be in the Major Leagues.

I still am in the process of getting the players names entered.....I have the logos all set......forgot how tedious this really is
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

If a mod reads this, maybe you can split into a new topic with ohiodevil the lead guy . Or just change the title to "OHIODEVIL Independent Roster Set" and then edit some posts...maybe?