Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
alexnyc
Bat Boy

Able to recall players right after they're demoted?

Hi,

Loving the new game so far! One change that I was hoping would come about is the possibility of making it so that you can't immediately recall a player you have just demoted--like MLB and like when you demote a player to the reserve roster in perfect team. Is there any setting I can use to implement this? Thanks!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Umm, I didn't think you could do that. I thought they had to wait some length of time. It's 14 virtual days in PT.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
diamond3017
Minors (Single A)

I think OP is asking about offline MLB play.

IRL you have to wait 10 days before recalling a player who is optioned, unless an injury occurs. In OOTP this rule doesn't apply – you can yo-yo a player back between the majors and the minors without restriction.

diamond3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Starting this year, the rule is 15 days for pitchers, to match the updated IL rules.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
alexnyc
Bat Boy

Right, I'm talking about offline play. It would be cool if there were an option that would prevent that kind of yo-yoing. I feel like I'm cheating when I do that to keep my bullpen fresh haha
Old 03-27-2020, 09:08 PM   #6
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Plus no travel time in ootp. Pulling someone from minors isn't always a same day thing depending on minor location and where both teams are on the road at.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #7
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

this would be a good rule to implement.
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:03 PM   #8
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnyc View Post
Right, I'm talking about offline play. It would be cool if there were an option that would prevent that kind of yo-yoing. I feel like I'm cheating when I do that to keep my bullpen fresh haha
I assumed it wasn't possible, even offline, unless you're playing in Commish Mode with a setting checked off. It shouldn't be possible to move guys like that.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:49 PM   #9
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnyc View Post
There is an option that will prevent you from doing it. Don't do it.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #10
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
There is an option that will prevent you from doing it. Don't do it.
Yes, but the AI could still do it theoretically...why not just implement the rule?
Old 03-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Yes, but the AI could still do it theoretically...why not just implement the rule?
Probably because the AI wouldn't be able to take it into account effectively. It needs a few advantages over humans to make solo games competitive.

What I'd like would be an option to turn on various rules (this one, minor league roster limits, etc.) for "human players only", saving me the trouble of remembering maximum pro service time at short-season A and the like.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #12
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Do you think the AI is programmed to look at it's staff, say "oh my we're looking awful tired", then sending someone down to bring up a fresh arm? Then turn around 2 days later and reverse the moves? If they programmed that then there should be no problem fixing the trade module to mimic real life including multiplayer discussions with the AI.

If they want to put it in, do so by all means. I hope like bullpen warmup they exempt the AI or at least the option the AI does not have to "think" about it. Why? First, as my opening paragraph notes, the AI is not going to be programmed to cheat. I believe it is, and always has, kept it's best players (in it's opinion) on the active roster. If it makes a change due to injury? Well that is already allowed by the current rule, I believe. And since a player can't fake an injury in OOTP any of these moves would already be legal.

Now if you put the rule in for the AI shouldn't it at least consider moves due to fatigue? I don't know about you but I think that programming time could be put to use in better ways. Not to mention the can of worms it would open when it came back to bite with options issues, bringing up a good prospect too soon "just because a guy was tired". etc. etc. etc.

YMMV
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #13
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Do you think the AI is programmed to look at it's staff, say "oh my we're looking awful tired", then sending someone down to bring up a fresh arm? Then turn around 2 days later and reverse the moves? If they programmed that then there should be no problem fixing the trade module to mimic real life including multiplayer discussions with the AI.

If they want to put it in, do so by all means. I hope like bullpen warmup they exempt the AI or at least the option the AI does not have to "think" about it. Why? First, as my opening paragraph notes, the AI is not going to be programmed to cheat. I believe it is, and always has, kept it's best players (in it's opinion) on the active roster. If it makes a change due to injury? Well that is already allowed by the current rule, I believe. And since a player can't fake an injury in OOTP any of these moves would already be legal.

Now if you put the rule in for the AI shouldn't it at least consider moves due to fatigue? I don't know about you but I think that programming time could be put to use in better ways. Not to mention the can of worms it would open when it came back to bite with options issues, bringing up a good prospect too soon "just because a guy was tired". etc. etc. etc.

YMMV
I agree fatigue SHOULD ne a factor...I am not a programmer by any means, but it seems to me that wouldn't be overly difficult to implement...but I could be wrong of course.