Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
JayTheRed
Bat Boy

Wade Miley Missing From Reds

Just curious why Starting Pitcher Wade Miley is not part of the Cincinnati Reds Rotation to start 2020. He signed a 3 year deal with the Reds and I noticed he is not even on the team. Tyler Mahle should be in AAA to start the season.

Also I noticed that Nick Senzel is the only backup option at shortstop. This is not accurate at all for the Reds have clearly stated they would not play him there. Alex Blandino would probably be the closest thing to a backup. Maybe Josh Van Meter might be an option too or lastly Jose Garcia from AA.
JayTheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheRed View Post
Just curious why Starting Pitcher Wade Miley is not part of the Cincinnati Reds Rotation to start 2020. He signed a 3 year deal with the Reds and I noticed he is not even on the team. Tyler Mahle should be in AAA to start the season.

Also I noticed that Nick Senzel is the only backup option at shortstop. This is not accurate at all for the Reds have clearly stated they would not play him there. Alex Blandino would probably be the closest thing to a backup. Maybe Josh Van Meter might be an option too or lastly Jose Garcia from AA.
Have you checked DFA for Miley? The AI doesn't seem to keep him usually
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Or just search for him, you'll find him somewhere.

As for the other issues you mentioned, as we've discussed other places on the forums here, this is basically out of our control.

The AI sets up teams as it wants, and all we can do is tweak the ratings to encourage them to keep the right guys. We'll continue to tweak the ratings in future patches as more info on the roster situations come out so you'll hopefully see improvement. Miley in particular, we've already boosted his ratings a bit to get the ai to value him more. You'll see this in the next patch.

But things will never be 100% accurate, as the ai has a "mind" of its own.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
JayTheRed
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Or just search for him, you'll find him somewhere.

As for the other issues you mentioned, as we've discussed other places on the forums here, this is basically out of our control.

The AI sets up teams as it wants, and all we can do is tweak the ratings to encourage them to keep the right guys. We'll continue to tweak the ratings in future patches as more info on the roster situations come out so you'll hopefully see improvement. Miley in particular, we've already boosted his ratings a bit to get the ai to value him more. You'll see this in the next patch.

But things will never be 100% accurate, as the ai has a "mind" of its own.
I did a search for him and I can't seem to find him anywhere? I'll check DFA but I have looked on waivers, free agents and on other teams so far and have not been able to find him.
Also with the fact that he was signed to a 3 year deal there is no way the AI should be designating him for assignment or releasing him during spring training or when the season starts.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheRed View Post
I did a search for him and I can't seem to find him anywhere? I'll check DFA but I have looked on waivers, free agents and on other teams so far and have not been able to find him.
Also with the fact that he was signed to a 3 year deal there is no way the AI should be designating him for assignment or releasing him during spring training or when the season starts.
Search for his name in the search box on the top center of the screen. To the right of the little magnifying glass.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:53 PM   #6
JayTheRed
Bat Boy

Found him and someone else I was missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Search for his name in the search box on the top center of the screen. To the right of the little magnifying glass.
So surprised by this but I found Miley in AAA and Kyle Farmer too who the Reds have been using as a backup SS during spring training since they didn't want to promote Garcia yet.

Thanks everyone for helping me out appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #7
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Orel Hershiser is not on the 95 Indians. So I had to add him.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Orel Hershiser is not on the 95 Indians. So I had to add him.
This is because he did not sign with the Indians until April 8th and I believe the game starts before that date.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote