Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #61
zappa1
All Star Starter

This is amazing to see the development of this game. I'm just posting now because frankly I've been playing around with it all day and night. And I haven't even tried the park builder, yet. I love the team home screen that you could customize it a million different ways. And the 3D with all the angles and camera movements is a game by itself. Try this way, try that way. Maybe this view or that view. Plus you could make up your own camera views to give you different looks. I'm taking a bit of a break right now to write this post. I don't know when I'll sleep tonight. hahaha Terrific job by everybody involved. And looks beautiful, too.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:51 PM   #62
skep
Minors (Double A)

After some experiment, I've found a few camera angles I quite like, but my favorite is the Home Plate cam. I've moved to just this with no follow.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #63
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Don't know if this is a Bug when trying to import a Historical Team likes to not respond when gets to like 81 percent and is a League from last year that I created so maybe I create a new Historical Exhibition Nats to include 2019 team. Also noticed Rendon missing from Nats All-Time Greats Team but game is good so far.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #64
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Don't know if this is a Bug when trying to import a Historical Team likes to not respond when gets to like 81 percent and is a League from last year that I created so maybe I create a new Historical Exhibition Nats to include 2019 team. Also noticed Rendon missing from Nats All-Time Greats Team but game is good so far.
Some of the 2019 data is missing in the historical database. It should be ready to go by Friday.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #65
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks I can wait and use what I have.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #66
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Good news. Encouraging. And I’m missing your old avatar. Wasn’t it a mountain or the like?
Not that I recall. Many years back I had a FaceGen for a long time, and then an Oak Dragons logo somebody here made me for a few years after that.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #67
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
The news of this release and what I have seen so far makes me very sad.

Sad that I stopped beta testing a couple of years ago!

Can't wait to dive in on Friday (Steam user).
I am right there with you, in the same boat.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #68
Trudel79
Bat Boy

Looking forward to this years iteration

Last edited by Trudel79; 03-17-2020 at 08:53 PM.
Trudel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #69
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Hmmm...I am over an hour waiting for my random debut league to calculate player ratings. This is my 2nd attempt too.

I'll keep waiting and reading how everyone else is loving it
Old 03-17-2020, 11:31 PM   #70
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rktaker View Post
I've oly played 4 games so far but pitching doesn't seem great and scoring seems really high so far the scores have been 8-7, 10-1, 10-8

i play the orioles and lost a game 37-4
sentry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #71
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Game looks incredible !! Lots of fun playing around with the timing and view settings etc. Splendid !!!

I just need to find Cheech's Real Life player photos to put into the game.

Look forward to printing out most of the manual and learning more about the game and settings for a stat based season.

Thanks for a special exciting version 21...
This old man is happy...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:44 AM   #72
Folderol
Major Leagues

Seriously, I think I'm gonna cry.

Watching Dom Smith stroke a walk-off single against the Nats in the season opener, mismanaging my bullpen yet the lineup coming from two down in the ninth to win it...

It's so Mets I can't stand it. Me, in the role of Mickey Callaway. The Mets keep Metsing, and pull out an improbable win....

All that and the uber-cool 3D views that took me by surprise.

What a game. What an awesome job, and I love that I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Thank you, OOTP.

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:00 AM   #73
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
Seriously, I think I'm gonna cry.

Watching Dom Smith stroke a walk-off single against the Nats in the season opener, mismanaging my bullpen yet the lineup coming from two down in the ninth to win it...

It's so Mets I can't stand it. Me, in the role of Mickey Callaway. The Mets keep Metsing, and pull out an improbable win....

All that and the uber-cool 3D views that took me by surprise.

What a game. What an awesome job, and I love that I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Thank you, OOTP.
Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:11 AM   #74
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Just got to my first All-Star weekend. The Futures Game and HR Derby are very nice additions to the game.

Thank you team
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #75
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

One thing I noticed last night and its probably been in previous years games - is that many prospects have current ratings that are too low. This is with scouting 100% accurate.

There are players who played in High A last season with great success that are being relegated to short-season ball by the AI. On top of that, if these players are place in full-season ball they are over matched and perform far below what they did last season even though they are repeating a level. I think this is likely an issue with the current hit tool being rated too low for a majority of hitters and control/stuff for pitchers.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:34 AM   #76
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

And another little treat I noticed in the PbP - it used to say "The All Stars lead the All Stars 3-1"

It now says "the NL leads the AL 3-1"

Tks

Edit - there are still some instances in the PbP where it mentions All Stars ahead of the All Stars, but it's always improving. Keep up the good work team.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 03-18-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:52 AM   #77
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Loving all the improvements. The All Stars game with Markus hitting all the home runs with his new releases is just awesome. Congrats to creating another masterpiece Markus and team.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #78
GSchultz
Bat Boy

You guys absolutely rule, I'm already obsessed with the game. Scouting features are amazing and already changing how I view prospects and make trades. I used to rely a lot on the OSA rating over the scouting rating, so this has made me really scrutinize both now. Stadium features are so cool. Thank you so much again for the promptness on the release.
GSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #79
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchultz View Post
You guys absolutely rule, I'm already obsessed with the game. Scouting features are amazing and already changing how I view prospects and make trades. I used to rely a lot on the OSA rating over the scouting rating, so this has made me really scrutinize both now. Stadium features are so cool. Thank you so much again for the promptness on the release.
Yeah the whole scouting system is amazing in my opinon and the prospect pipeline. It really does make you rethink EVERYTHING. And yes, you really do have to look at both your scout and OSA reports.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Who needs real baseball? :P
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote