Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-30-2019, 06:18 PM   #1
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Change Save Folder?

Is there a way to move where FHM keeps its main files that are in the Documents? I'm running out of space on my C: Drive but installed a new 1TB drive I can use for FHM and was wondering if this is possible?
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

If you have a non-Steam copy - Yes.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If you have a non-Steam copy - Yes.
Sorry I didnt see the response, thank you Adam. I do have the version you guys sell on your website (used to be eSellerate). Not the steam one. How do I go about changing the save location?
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:21 AM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

I personally have the Steam version, but I believe you'll need to delete and do a fresh install and put it all onto another drive. I could be mistaken though.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #5
JKrause
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
Is there a way to move where FHM keeps its main files that are in the Documents? I'm running out of space on my C: Drive but installed a new 1TB drive I can use for FHM and was wondering if this is possible?

I'm looking for the same answer. I have the Steam version though. The game forces the save folder to be in my Windows Document folder, but that is also my OneDrive folder. Since the saved files are over 5GB I'm out of space on my OneDrive account.

How do I move the folder from C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\ to C:\OOTP\FHM6data\?
JKrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrause View Post
I'm looking for the same answer. I have the Steam version though. The game forces the save folder to be in my Windows Document folder, but that is also my OneDrive folder. Since the saved files are over 5GB I'm out of space on my OneDrive account.

How do I move the folder from C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\ to C:\OOTP\FHM6data\?
Short answer is you can't.

That being said, I have no idea why your PC is set up to move everything into One Drive. My Steam is installed on me D Drive, but my Documents are on my SSD C Drive. But my One Drive is separate from My Documents (or rather I have 2). Perhaps there's a solution there, but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I'm sure if you do a little googling and a possible reinstall my fix it.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #7
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

In file explorer you can right click on the Documents shortcut in the left navigation menu, I believe if you go to properties you can change its location. Now that's for all your documents, but it would include the fhm folder. Hope that helps.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
JKrause
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Short answer is you can't.

That being said, I have no idea why your PC is set up to move everything into One Drive. My Steam is installed on me D Drive, but my Documents are on my SSD C Drive. But my One Drive is separate from My Documents (or rather I have 2). Perhaps there's a solution there, but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I'm sure if you do a little googling and a possible reinstall my fix it.

One Drive is "pointing" to the Documents folder. This makes a lot of sense if you store your documents in this folder. Since I have multiple computers I want to be able to access any of my documents from any of my computers. One Drive is working as intended.

The inflexibility of the OOTP storage location doesn't make sense. The game files are stored in my Steam directory (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Franchise Hockey Manager 6). But the save game files are forced to C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6.

Last edited by JKrause; 01-31-2020 at 07:54 PM.
JKrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:55 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrause View Post
One Drive is "pointing" to the Documents folder. This makes a lot of sense if you store your documents in this folder. Since I have multiple computers I want to be able to access any of my documents from any of my computers. One Drive is working as intended.

The inflexibility of the OOTP storage location doesn't make sense. The game files are stored in my Steam directory (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Franchise Hockey Manager 6). But the save game files are forced to C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6.
And you are completely missing my point. I understand the want and need for One Drive. I use it myself for my Documents and so something like Microsoft Word defaults into it - BUT mine is separate. I have 2 My Documents Folder- one that defaults One Drive, and one where all my Steam files (and I have twenty plus currently installed) leave their saved games, mods, etc.

All I simply suggested was you looking into moving and separating your own My Documents.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:36 PM   #10
MacerV
Bat Boy

Any updates here by any chance? I do more or less the same thing, and point my google drive to save my entire documents folder so that all my important documents are in one location and backed up to the cloud.

Sounds like the save location is more or less just the default "My Documents" location which seems odd. Most games store this stuff in the steam folder, or in AppData not the documents folder...cause I mean, come on, these are game saves, not personal documents.
MacerV is offline   Reply With Quote