Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #781
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Just to be clear, these smaller schools (I'm not talking as small as DivIII) will produce the quantity of players as your top school. It's the quality which will be generally worse.

Last edited by Francis Cole; 03-14-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #782
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Those schools still produced more NFL than the schools you listed. He's not saying every player should come from top schools.

If Texas Southern produce as many players as Miami, that's pretty balanced but totally unrealistic.
By a good balance, I meant a larger number of high profile schools players but a fair share of smaller school guys too. Not the equal number.

EDIT: Disregard this and view Francis' above post.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #783
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80 View Post
Say I draft a great pass rushing LB and want to try him at DE. Will there be some sort of coach feedback letting me know how the transition is going?

He may hold up as a pass rusher, but is there a way to know if he's getting destroyed against the run, or missing assignments?
This I think is important to have in game and I do hop that it is included.

Also I read all pages but I may have missed this and if I did Im sorry , but Draft wise well leading up to the draft will there be pro days and will the pro days feature so many teams on one day and so many on another day like real life and will the game limit you to how many scouts ,coaches u can send to theses schools each day ? I think this adds to the experience.

Also will their be mock drafts that evolve over the season/off-season instead of like how ootp baseball is static . I think it would be cool to have more coverage to the draft like media, ability to tweet the draft picks , news stories about draft picks . I just think there is so much potential.

Will there be goals for the owner/coach for the short term (season) -long term (after the season) and like draft and free agency goals ? I think this would add to the game ?

Will draft pick trading have the needed fixes in it that ootp baseball needs ? i.e I trade for 2 1st rd picks and in the trade window in ootp I see one pick per rd that i have even though I have 3 1st rd picks and it does not tell me from what team I got the picks form so if this all fixed for BTS?

Will the exportable database data be on par with ootp in terms of depth of export ability of the data that is available in game?

Will the draft have a timer and if it does will it work like the NFL when a team's clock runs out?

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
Old 03-15-2015, 06:38 AM   #784
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

A lot of questions!

Quote:
but Draft wise well leading up to the draft will there be pro days and will the pro days feature so many teams on one day and so many on another day like real life and will the game limit you to how many scouts ,coaches u can send to theses schools each day ? I think this adds to the experience.
There is the combine and pro days, your scouting department automatically choose which pro days to attend.

Quote:
Also will their be mock drafts that evolve over the season/off-season instead of like how ootp baseball is static .
There's rankings of the players, so you can see who the order of best QBs etc , or best overall. You can also see that list for player's in the future, so if you are in 2015 you can see the rankings for 2018. Yes the list changes as the media/your scouts change their opinions of the players as they progress through their college career.

Quote:
Will there be goals for the owner/coach for the short term (season) -long term
No

Quote:
Will draft pick trading have the needed fixes in it that ootp baseball needs ? i.e I trade for 2 1st rd picks and in the trade window in ootp I see one pick per rd that i have even though I have 3 1st rd picks and it does not tell me from what team I got the picks form so if this all fixed for BTS?
There is no OOTP code for draft picks/draft trading in BTS, and by what I think I understand you are asking, this problem is not in BTS.

Quote:
Will the exportable database data be on par with ootp in terms of depth of export ability of the data that is available in game?
No.

Quote:
Will the draft have a timer and if it does will it work like the NFL when a team's clock runs out?
No, we decided from a gaming perspective not to include this (just like the game play clock pauses when choosing your plays).

Francis

Last edited by Francis Cole; 03-15-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:07 AM   #785
Lithium
Bat Boy

Will players ever holdout of training camp etc. to try and get a new contract?
Old 03-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #786
kg04
Bat Boy

Will players ask to get traded or released?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #787
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Not for V1, they will just refuse to sign an extension or help you with cap relief etc forcing you to cut/trade them.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #788
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Just like the game play clock pauses when choosing your plays.
If we are watching a game that is AI vs AI, assuming we're able to do this, will the play clock run realistically?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #789
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

No, we decided from a gaming perspective not to include this (just like the game play clock pauses when choosing your plays).

Francis
Doesn't this pretty much eliminate ever getting a delay of game penalty? Sure, calling a bunch of audibles at the line can cause delay of game, but this would certainly drastically lower the occurrences. Does the sim engine take that into account so that the player doesn't have an advantage?

brad
Old 03-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #790
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG223 View Post
If we are watching a game that is AI vs AI, assuming we're able to do this, will the play clock run realistically?
Yes. (or if you in your own game but are letting all your coaches make the decisions).

However there is also a button which "skips" straight to the snap, so you don't have to watch a bunch of dots standing still in a huddle for 20 or so.

This way you could get through a game quite quickly.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #791
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
Doesn't this pretty much eliminate ever getting a delay of game penalty? Sure, calling a bunch of audibles at the line can cause delay of game, but this would certainly drastically lower the occurrences. Does the sim engine take that into account so that the player doesn't have an advantage?
Human or Computer Teams can get delay of pen, and each side has the same chance as each side is effectively choosing straight away. As we can't have people not calling a play in time it's based basically on the QB getting confused or spending too long in the huddle etc explaining.

One thing I'd like to point out: If you look at a game like Madden (which I presume a lot of people here play) which has a proper play clock the user has to stick to, how many times have people been caught out by suddenly seeing they only have 10 or secs left and have to pick some random play then frantically press the A button to get the snap off before the play call expires - I know have!

Now Consider the difference between the Madden System and BTS:

In Madden as soon as you call the play the players are already on the field, already breaking from the huddle and running into their formation.

In BTS, when you call the play the new players have to run onto the field (if there have been any personnel changes) and the existing players have to run from wherever they were on the field at the end of the previous play to the new huddle position. The QB has to make sure the huddle is formed. He has to tell everyone in the huddle what the play is, and then they break the huddle and go into their formation.

Last edited by Francis Cole; 03-15-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #792
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

For the purpose of "make sure game is fun" I have no problem with the decision. But if I'm playing out all my games that means all of my games have this quirk and none/most of my opponent's games don't have that quirk. Is not going to have a statistical issue?

brad

Last edited by colourmebrad; 03-15-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #793
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Which quirk? Skipping straight to the snap?

No, the games will be identical, it basically fast forwards (very very quickly without you realising) to the snap.
In the same way when two AI teams are playing each other we put the game on fast forward (as fast as your computer can handle) so the game only takes about (on my computer) 1&1/2 seconds to calculate and not 3 hours.

Last edited by Francis Cole; 03-15-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #794
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

I suppose the AI doesn't take any (reasonably measurable) time to pick a play, I suppose it's not different. I trust that if you ship something with stats you're happy with that the issue I'm imagining isn't there.

Still eagerly awaiting making my pre-order and ultimately playing this game.

brad
Old 03-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #795
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Imagine it like you watching a real game and whenever they are in the huddle closing your eyes and then only opening your eyes once they snap the ball.

The result of the game will be exactly the same, you just didn't see them in a huddle
for 30 secs.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #796
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Imagine it like you watching a real game and whenever they are in the huddle closing your eyes and then only opening your eyes once they snap the ball.

The result of the game will be exactly the same, you just didn't see them in a huddle
for 30 secs.
I always wanted a customizable Fast Forward button on my Direct TV remote so I could do exactly this. It has the 30 second FF but I wish it had 2-3 I could customize.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #797
CouchQB
Bat Boy

Do you see with team scouts which player more or less intense? So you can sell them your draft pick more expensive or trick them with intensive scouting and many interviews into thinking that you are going to take their pick?

Are there different draft strategies for a.i. general managers or head coaches?
Old 03-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #798
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

No, just like in real life we don't know what the scouting department of another team thinks (otherwise we'd be quite good at mocking the draft!).
What we do have is the media's opinion of a player, which is the best we have. (I think that answers the first question, I wasn't too sure if that was what you were asking or not).

There are different strategies in the sense GMs/HCs prefer different player types (like a power back vs a scat back) and rate the players according to this.
A team which runs a 3-4 is going to value a OLB or a NT far more than one which runs a 4-3. I hope that answers your second question!

Last edited by Francis Cole; 03-15-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #799
CouchQB
Bat Boy

I meant with the first question, that in the next draft the Raiders really like a player, but the jaguars really convince them, that they are going to take that player, so the raiders are going try to trade up with the jaguars, and then the jaguars pick their favourite player anyway after the raiders. and you can see which team likes a player, because they scheduled many interviews and meetings with him.

The second question is about for example Bill Belichick stacking up draft picks wihle other coaches trade up to get their players.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #800
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

So I was 0 for 2

No for both unfortunately for V1.