Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

Excel usable reports

Is there any way that outputting the various reports into an excel friendly format (CSV seems easiest) would be possible?

Thanks.

Sent from my keyboard using my fingers.

Last edited by ohms_law; 08-05-2012 at 01:40 AM.
ohms_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
21C
Minors (Triple A)

There is an option to output data to csv format.
Out of the Park Baseball Manual

You can also open most game reports in an external browser and then copy & paste the information into Excel.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
There is an option to output data to csv format.
Out of the Park Baseball Manual

You can also open most game reports in an external browser and then copy & paste the information into Excel.
You can open any csv file in excel. No need to copy/paste.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
21C
Minors (Triple A)

I was talking about the html pages.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
Is there any way that outputting the various reports into an excel friendly format (CSV seems easiest) would be possible?

Thanks.

Sent from my keyboard using my fingers.
I think, in addition to what the guys were talking about above, export/import rosters and stats, that you are talking about the various reports that you see in the game itself. Well, it takes some doing, but you can get those into Excel by using the "Open in External Browser" button wherever it appears and then using your browser's "File, Save As" feature to save the page as html. Use the complete web page version instead of html only when saving.

Then, open the page in Excel. You may have to select Files of Type: "All Web Pages *htm, *html, etc." in order to see the saved page to be opened. Then, you will have some formatting work to do (for example, the font may be white against a white background, but the numbers are there, just camouflaged) but the good news is that you do have labels and numbers arranged as a spreadsheet, ready for manipulating, analysis, and review.

By the way, thanks for this: "Sent from my keyboard using my fingers." I really am tired of seeing this or that message was sent by somebody's Blackberry (oh, sorry, that model's already obsolete, isn't it?) or some other smart phone. Who cares? Long live the computer and keyboard.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 08-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
I think, in addition to what the guys were talking about above, export/import rosters and stats, that you are talking about the various reports that you see in the game itself. Well, it takes some doing, but you can get those into Excel by using the "Open in External Browser" button wherever it appears and then using your browser's "File, Save As" feature to save the page as html. Use the complete web page version instead of html only when saving.

Then, open the page in Excel. You may have to select Files of Type: "All Web Pages *htm, *html, etc." in order to see the saved page to be opened. Then, you will have some formatting work to do (for example, the font may be white against a white background, but the numbers are there, just camouflaged) but the good news is that you do have labels and numbers arranged as a spreadsheet, ready for manipulating, analysis, and review.
IMO, much easier to open the report in the external browser then just select, copy, and paste into Excel.

I use the below macro to just paste the "values" without any other formatting. Despite its name, numbers are pasted as numbers (does the same thing as Paste Special... paste as Text).

Code:
Sub pasteText()

ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False
End Sub
Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
IMO, much easier to open the report in the external browser then just select, copy, and paste into Excel.

I use the below macro to just paste the "values" without any other formatting. Despite its name, numbers are pasted as numbers (does the same thing as Paste Special... paste as Text).

Code:
Sub pasteText()

ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False
End Sub
Yes! Absolutely correct, thanks. Ohms Law, just make sure to select only the data and column headings in the web page before copying. And I don't think you need the macro, just select Paste, Paste Special, Text in Excel:
Attached Images
Image Image 
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

This would be great but the HTML reports don't contain all the stats I need. Thanks for the tip but I'll have to keep using the csv files.

Boy I'm whiney today.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the tips, I'm sure some people reading this will be happy to learn about them (I already knew how to do all that and more, but feel free to keep posting how too's. Plenty of people will see this thread for months to come.)

Anyway, yea, 1998 Yankees is correct: I was talking about the in game reports that are only exportable (apparently) through the use of HTML... er, reports.
Maybe I'm missing something, but as far as I can tell the reports that are exportable through the import/export functions don't include the same information that the in game reports do (especially the roster screens, with all of the individual ratings).